“Avoid Avoid”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #255 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 1, 2013

location is away of everything even metro station you need to either rent a car or do everything with taxi avoid the limousine in front of the hotel they cost more.Breakfast is very poor imagine what is the most delicious dish i had was boiled eggs.i stayed there for four night we started searching for another hotel and packed the bags for that but it we thought it would waste our vacation time.i will never repeat this experience even if its an invitation i had a boiled eggs overdose.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alshaimaamh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear alshaimaamh,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry the hotel location and breakfast selections was less than satisfactory. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, we do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, honestly a beautiful looking hotel. However for a huge hotel chain, in Dubai of all places, I couldn't believe breakfast standards were not to a hotel standard.

Here's a recommendation for the hotel management:

-For a hotel that offers breakfast, you should serve what should be 'breakfast' by international standards.

-They charge extra if you want scrambled egg or omelette. Sorry this should be included in what you call 'breakfast'.

-Rock hard croissants is not breakfast! (So keep it real and fresh).

-Location isn't really fantastic but we got around fine paying the bill for taxis.

-The hotel is clean and tidy, but sometimes our room wasn't checked to replace towels or bedding etc. This should be a daily expectation.

Take on this constructive feedback and make these little improvements. Surely it won't cost you a lot.

Personally I wouldn't stay here again, as it's too far out from the main attractions and places to eat.

Good luck!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ali H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Razh304,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the fine condition of our hotel. Please allow us to apologize you were not satisfied with our breakfast options. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for the service you received and the location of our property was less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Small room and not much of service, which used to in Oman. Also the breakfast was cleaned very quickly without much notice to guests. seemed to be a bare minimum type hotel, no bell boy to help with baggage, no papers or mags, no complementary water or anything.
would suit a very light traveller who does not intend to stay in a long time. more of a sleep over place compared to some other hotels of the same chain .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear footloose l,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding the breakfast situation. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just returned from 6 days at this hotel. Wouldn't say disappointed because you get what you pay for, but I wish we'd researched the location a bit more thoroughly.
If Dubai has a less 'polished' side of town then this is it. One side of the road is a dock yard. The next is a large empty plot of sand.
The beach is not walking distance unless you're up for a workout. There are no decent restaurants nearby unless you're into greasy style cafes (with no aircon)
Luckily taxis are easy to come by. But one tip is NEVER use the hotel taxis. They are double the price of the metered cabs. Just walk out of the hotel and flag one down yourself (example is hotel taxi charged us 30 dirhams to jumeriah beach park. Metered cab was 14 for the same journey)

All in all I wouldn't stay here again. Nothing to do with the hotel itself its purely the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LRD2007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear LRD2007,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I truly regret that you feel inconvenienced with our location. However, despite this I am happy to know that our rooms were comfortable enough for your needs. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to the area.

Pam G

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My sister and I went to Dubai for a five day stopover, whilst on her way to New York, and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I had no complaints whatsoever. The room was a good size, very clean and well serviced. The breakfast was a pleasure and the variety was immense. We loved the location of the hotel and when we stepped outside the front entrance, voila, taxis were there, 24/7, and at a great price. We managed to see so much during our short stay due to the helpfulness of the lovely staff and the taxi drivers. I highly recommend this hotel for a short or long stay.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room near the reception area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank moompoop
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were there for two days in April prior to our cruise to Egypt. We picked this hotel cause its location, close to the airport and to the cruise terminal. We got there late at night, our room was ready and to our surprise it was really clean and of a great size. The staff was extremely friendly and polite. Getting around was not an issue, taxis in Dubai are usually not expensive and very safe. We also had free wifi and breakfast was included in the price. For breakfast the selection was really good and fresh. Next time in Dubai will be definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I arrived at this hotel for a weekend getaway from neighbouring Muscat primarily for some shopping of art related items. Being a priority club member I had points to be redeemed that weren’t eligible for Intercon or Crown Plaza, but were right for the Holiday Inn Express – I didn’t have a lot of expectations (and hadn’t read any review – very unlikely for me as I use Tripadvisor extensively), however it was a short trip, I know the town well, it was close to all points I wanted to visit.

I was arriving at an ungodly hour of 3:00 a.m. in the morning and had requested for an early morning check-in around 4:00 a.m.

My experience from the moment I walked in was outstanding. There was another person arguing at the reception (who was patiently being dealt with at 4:30 in the morning – obviously was intoxicated), the reception person saw me and stated “you must be Mr.Gailani, we’ve been expecting you …” with a huge smile. Made me sit at a couch (because of the scene being created by the other gentlemen), brought the paper-work over to me and had me checked-in in minutes, then security guard who also addressed me by name smiled and carried my bags to the hotel room.

More on the staff, because that’s what set this apart, everyone had genuine smiles… I walked by the restaurant and a waitress shouted out, “do join us for lunch today, it’s a lovely spread and you’ll have all of us for company”… I almost stopped for a second and then smiled at myself and thought, “who trains them?”

By evening there was a knock on my door and the security guard was on the door serving cookies as early evening delights. The next day at breakfast the smiles of the staff at the buffet were just an infectious. I couldn’t find the juice counter so when I was seated at my table I requested a waiter to ask where the juice was and the selection (it was apple, and orange only), I don’t like either and asked if there was any pineapple juice, he just winked and said let me do a magic trick…goes into the kitchen and comes back with a large pineapple juice (not on the buffet), and before my glass finished, he stated “looks like you need another one” , and refilled it (all this was for free).

The experience was so amazing that I simply decided that I will stay here for many more times. Because for a small budget accommodation…it made me feel like royalty!

Now, having raved about the staff, its time to give positives and negatives about the hotel:

The positives:
- Its at start of Jumerah (near union flag) so Dubai Mall and the Exhibition Halls are 10 minutes by cab.
- There is a free shuttle to the Jumeirah Beach Park
- The rooms have flat screen TVs, locker facilities etc

The Negatives:
- The front view of the hotel is terrible as it faces the dry docks so cranes and container junk yard is the last view of Dubai one wants to see
- The air conditioning dindn’t go below a certain degree – it wasn’t hot, and it cooled, but when in Dubai you need some extra cooling (I even asked their engineering to come and test the blast from the a/c to increase it… but I just later slept without a cover)
- The décor is basic of both the lobby and the room (but one gets what one pays for)

Overall this was truly an unexpected discovery – simply outstanding staff and amazing service, with basic room and other amenities, but if you’re in Dubai to be outdoors shopping or sightseeing and need a welcoming place to hit the sack and be treated with smiles … THIS IS YOUR HOTEL!

Room Tip: The front facing rooms have a terrible view of the dry docks, cranes and containers .. take the ones...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gailani I
Jo-Ella M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Ibrahim_Gailani
Many Thanks for your tripadvisor response; we really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review. Thank You.
You are 100% correct; we have most caring staff in Dubai. We have been fortunate to create a team of staff that enjoy working with the guests and in turn we have wonderful guest’s coming to stay with us.
It is responses such as yours that makes us appreciate the work and effort that we do. We thank you so much for your kind words.
We hope to see you again real soon
King regards