“Very comfortable & pleasant stay! Highly recommend this hotel! Thank you to all the staff there!”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #256 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past five years and its always been fabulous. The service received from the front desk at check in and throughout our stay was very friendly and professional. They were always willing to help and go that extra mile to ensure that all our requests were met. The staff at breakfast were all on the ball! Food was always filled up straightaway and it was nice to see them always smiling first thing in the morning! Over the past 5 years, we have only seen the variety at breakfast increasing! Housekeeping were also great! Rooms were always tidy and any additional requests were always handled in a timely manner. Location of hotel is superb! Very easy to get around Dubai! To summarise, we have only seen this hotel improve for the past five years with the latest improvements bring the addition of hot breakfast and free Wi-Fi! We look forward to our stay again in the very near future! Thank you to all the staff once again!

Bhavin & Lisita Shah

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Lishu
Jo-Ella M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Bhavin & Lisita Shah

Many Thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and taking the time out to write this. It is always a pleasure to see you return back to Dubai on a yearly basis. We wish you both a safe and happy 2013 and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

From all the staff at HIEX Jumeriah

Regards

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Booked last minute as we didn't have much choice we stayed here for 4 nights. This is your no fuss functional hotel. Not even water provided in the room and when asked for water they charge you 20 AED for a bottle of water. Even worse the guy on the phone asked us to go down pay and collect the bottle. In the bathroom there was no separate body wash and shampoo and just one towel for a triple room booked ? Would not recommend this hotel. No frill is fine but not to this extent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Pritish27
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had two rooms booked for two nights. One room was adequate, but the second room was absolutely disgusting. I first noticed that there was only one towel for two adults. Then I started noticing the bathroom floor was covered with the previous guests hair, the counter tops were dirty as if no one even wiped them down.
That is the good part. What was really horrifying was the bed sheets. I pulled the cover back and noticed a stain under the bottom sheet; when I pulled that sheet back there was blood, as in someone menstruated and that sheet was left on the bed.
We immediately called down to the front desk to complain. They sent up housekeeping to clean up for us, I still remember her face when she saw the sheets and pulled them off as quickly as possible. I demanded a new room and after some hesitation we were given a new room.
When we got to the new room I was shocked. There was sand all in the carpet, there were dirty counters and again NO TOWELS!! I called down again to complain and it took them at least 10 min to send someone up to clean the room. I could barely sleep that night (and it was after midnight) because I was so mad.
In the morning we talked to the manager about getting a refund for that night. He offered us dinner...really dinner? When the front page of your guest book states that you will not have to pay if you are not completely satisfied. We declined and again asked for a refund for that night. He came back and offered a partial refund that we again declined. We were told that this was the best he could do for us. I had to ask to speak to his supervisor and he said I should contact HIG. We were looking up the number when finally we got a call and he refunded our credit card for one night.
I just couldn't believe that we had to argue that the room was not up to any standard of cleanliness, that there was blood in our bed. There was no way this could be Holiday Inn Express standards for cleanliness. Not to mention it wasn't just one room that was dirty it was two rooms. I will never again stay at a Holiday Inn Express. My one regret, I was so tired I forgot to take pictures.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jamie G
Jo-Ella M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Jamie G
Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry that we were not able to deliver up to your expectations on this day especially with the room accommodations you received and service you received from our staff. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.
Once again, many thanks for your review and we do apologize and regret that this impacted your stay at our hotel.
IHG

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good Hotel,
Neat and tidy, what is expected of an express property.
The name is somehow misleading, as we expected to be in the Jumeriah Beach district.

Beware of front line staff, who punt private taxis at exorbitant prices.
Be early for breakfast, or you will have a limited selection.
Will recommend this hotel as it was neat and tidy, decent and included bfast and Wifi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jhbchets
Jo-Ella M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear jhbchets

Many Thanks for your response on trip advisor, we really appreciate your time in doing this. Dubai is a great place to come and stay and we are happy you enjoy your time with us.
Enjoy your travels for 2012 and we hope you have more great adventure in 2013.

Regards

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a quick check in, the desk clerk knew what he was doing. Room wan nice and moslty clean. The sink area in the bathroom showed remnants of toothpast dripping down the sides, the cleaning staff needs to pay better attention. I would stay here again. The only bad part of the visit was at 5am, when I checked out. The "security guard" (I use the term loosely) in the lobby saw I was checking out, and asked if I needed a taxi. I said, "Yes, a taxi. Not a towncar!" He replied "no problem, no problem!" And he picked up the lobby phone and called a "taxi".

Of course, I go outside with my bag and a Lexus Towncar pulls up and the driver is a young kid with greasy hair and a baggy suit on. I've dealt with these idiots before, sadly at another Holiday Inn Express in Dubai. I told the guy, again, "I don't want a town car/limousine whatever you call it. I want a normal, Dubai Taxi." I then tried to ignore him and wave down my own cab. He was very rude and confrontational, almost arguing with me. "Sir, sir, this IS a taxi! Taxi same price!"

For those of you who don't know, a taxi from Holiday Inn Jumeirah to the airport costs exactly 27 AED. The "limo mafia" charge at least 50, sometimes 100, so the prince is NOT the same. This same scam goes on at hotels all over the city, and it is sad that the Holiday Inn management allows it to go on. The customers are literally getting "taken for a ride" by these crooks, and I have serious doubts if they are insured, certified, registered, etc. The kid driving the Lexus looked like a drug dealer, with greasy hair in his eyes.

The deal is, the security guard makes a deal with the car driver, and gets maybe a 20 AED commission. He will almost force you into the car, before you can negotiate or ask any questions. They almost make it seem like it is a courtesy car. He will brag your bags and throw them in the trunk before you know what is going on. Anyway, I ignored them and stood on the street and waved for a cab. The whole time, the security guard is trying to convince me how stupid I am for not taking the limo, as it's the same price, better, safer, faster, etc. Then he tried the guilt trip, saying he was only trying to "help" me, how there are no cabs in this area at 5am, etc.

After awhile, the guard went over to a corner and sulked, complaining about me to another security guard on his smoke break, both of them staring at me. After a few minutes a cab pulled up and we took off to the airport. A nice hotel, a nice stay except for having to argue with some low-level scam artist. The same thing happened at the Holiday Inn Express - Airport, when I was trying to go to the mall (a 5 minute drive). They discourage cabs from stopping and waiting, always trying to scam you into the limo. Beware and be warned!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Dharma_Punk

Dear Dhama Punk

Firstly many thanks for writing your trip advisor response and advising us of what is happening at the nights. We called upon the contracted security company to investigate this situation as this behavior is not called for. We all understand that there is a shortage of taxi’s in Dubai and many private car (registered, but private) are serving the hotels. But the attitude you received was un called and we apologies for this. We advise them to offer both services and ask the guests to choose. What you experienced we deeply apologize and we hope that by you advising us we have been able to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and hope that we can ensure your welcome and farewell are both great.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is only 3-stars one according to Dubai standards but it's honestly a good place to stay - clean, comfortable, nice breakfast with friendly staff and very cheap if compare with all those posh Dubai hotels. It's nothing interesting around but you get a taxi (VERY cheap there) and will be in a city in a few min. We are going to our Europe holiday next year and will stay again in this hotel for a few days on the way home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Olyanz1
Jo-Ella M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Olyanz1

It will be a great pleasure in welcoming you back again for your next visit to Dubai.
Safe Travels and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The location was perfect. Close to the beaches and quiet and very safe. The staff was excellent. Everyone from Liz at the front counter to the bell service and room service were so respectful to me. The room was clean, large and quiet. I really recommend this hotel because the next time I travel to Dubai this is where you will find me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank steadicamdaddy

Dear steadicamdaddy

Many Thanks for taking the time out to write a review on Holiday Inn Express Jumeirah and thank you kindly for staying with us. We do agree Liz and staff here are very friendly, kind and very happy to assist all. We will pass on a big Thank You to Liz.