“Brunch Fail”

Breeze Beach Grill
Reserve a Table
Ranked #1,776 of 12,147 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighborhood: Palm Jumeirah
Description: Originally Breeze was just a beach shack serving the freshest seafood and tastiest cocktails to regulars from near and far. As we evolved, we expanded and incorporated more elements into what we offer here at Breeze. We have our original beach shack which we utilise as a Raw Bar and ice cream counter, our Deli Counter producing made to order sandwiches and paninis, and our Grill and Sauce kitchen section with daily specials on our rotisserie. We aim to be a casual dining experience and the majority of our menu is designed for sharing so will be served as and when it is prepared. The more substantial dishes can be served together if requested. The serving staff will be more than happy to explain and assist with whatever you require!
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We attended the brunch on Friday with 7 people.

The experience was absolutely awful and I doubt we’ll ever return.

The food was good- the beach BBQ was lovely. The waiting staff tried hard but just couldn’t quite get it together.

We were shown to our table by a very uncommunicative lady- when we realised we were being seated on the couches we asked for a table. She was very unhelpful and just kinda stared around shrugging. No
“I’ll see what I can do” or “as you can see unfortunately they are all taken”
or anything in fact just shrugging and looking around in a vague manner.
My husband then said that surely you should communicate when booking what kind of table it is?

We waited then 15 mins for a waiter or someone to take our orders, I finally got up and asked for someone.

When they arrived they asked what we wanted- I explained that we hadn’t seen a menu and the lady who showed us to the table hadn’t even bothered to ask re the brunch packages so we didn’t have a band etc the water didn’t seem best pleased.
He duly got us a menu then left again for a another 10 mins. On his return we chose our brunch package and ordered a Sol beer- only to be told that they’d sold out?????!!!!! So we asked for Corona (even though it’s not on the package a we chose ) but lo and behold no Corona and he wouldn’t swap it even if there was any! How on earth do you run out of beer at a beach Brunch?

35 mins after arrival we finally got our initial drinks- we tried to get another but ended up going to the beach bar to get our own - to be told that they couldn’t do a vodka and orange juice????? So we ended up going inside to the bar there.

At this point I found two ladies standing by a desk inside- I explained I’d like to see a manger, one of the ladies indicated that she could help. I explained that we weren’t happy and the reason. THEY SAID NOTHING!!!! I was absolutely astounded by the total lack of apologies, help , assurances ANYTHING!!!! They were completely useless. I gave up and sat down.

We continued to go to the bar for our own drinks - we did have a few delivered but started ordering 2 drinks each as they took so long. The drinks by the way are supposed to be Absolut vodka, Bombay sapphire gin ie premium spirits -they were not- Beefeater gin and some cheap vodka. What a rip off....

Overall food was lovely, well done chefs
Front of house and “ managers “ absolutely dreadful - please learn how to help customers. And help your staff! They were swamped on the beach and they just stood at their desk....
Serving staff- were ok but just couldn't get to everyone- understaffed
Bar staff - ok , but make the bar outside more effective!
Alcohol was a rip off.
Booking system slow and didn’t let us know we be sitting on a couch for lunch.

Extremely disappointed and will not be returning for the brunch. We 100,s of brunches around Dubai Breeze need to up there game, the setting is great but overall it was incredibly disappointing.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (239)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Visited for brunch for a family member 21st birthday, the service was shocking waited 15+ minutes to be served a drink didn't get explained how the brunch worked at all, we had the steak from the BBQ and it was so under cooked you couldn't even eat it, when we asked for the birthday cake tooked 3 different members of staff to work out what we wanted, but in the time one of the staff members asked the birthday boy where would he like the cake.... With us saying it was a surprise for him... It was all very disappointing and messed up the whole birthday brunch. There was 10 of us that's was a lot of money wasted.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Service very poor.....waited 15 minutes for drinks after the order had been taken & 40 minutes for our food. Food quality very poor.... salad consisted of a few very wilted and dicoloured lettuce leaves, fries were greasy and cold!!Extremely disappointed , my wife's meal arrived minus the vegetables and with cold potatoes. Restaurant was not busy so they definitely were not under pressure!! A few waitresses in ordinary clothes standing in group chatting,hugging and dancing not interested in customer service, the waitress in uniform was the only one who seemed to want to engage with us...lived in Dubai for 7 years this ranks as the worst meal I have ever had....will not be back!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

One of my favorite places in Dubai. Great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. Ask for Kiran. Super helpful. Thank you for a good time ☺️

1  Thank W3941AYsherife
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Everything was amazing, music, seating, atmosphere.
The chef has done really a great job.
I recommend this place.