“great dolphin encounter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book Now
Ranked #8 of 386 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Bay in Dubai is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated dolphin habitats in the world. Here you can select from a range of dolphin interactions suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. Experiences range from standing in shallow water to swimming or scuba diving alongside these charismatic creatures. All Dolphin Bay packages also include access to Aquaventure Waterpark.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“great dolphin encounter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Can highly recommend this - the kids love it. you have plenty of time with the dolphins and the staff are extremly friendly

go for it....

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the atlantis hotel and decided we wanted to do the swimming with dolphins before we travelled so booked this wit the hotel before we travelled, it is well worth doing this as you get a discount for being a hotel guest and also it does get booked up.
We did the royal swim which was just over an hour, it was worth the money as you get to swim round with and get pushed by the dolphins. There is a photographer taking photos throughout, and you can then view and buy the photos, there not cheap but we decided to get all the photos on a USB rather than have them print them which saved money and meant that the photos didn't get squashed in our cases.
If you do have someone with you who is not swimming they can pay a fee and go into the location and take photos of you.
would definitely recommend this.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Mark W
Shropshire, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

What an amazing experience. Once in a lifetime chance to learn and touch a Dolphin. Staff very polite, explaining everything..

Visited September 2013
3 Thank AnnaSus1866
Carlisle, Cumbria
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Attended Dolphin Bay and did the Shallow water encounter. Trainers are so friendly and make you feel at ease, getting everybody involved in the activity. Only slight disappointment was the cost of the photo's as you can't have your camera with you by the pool you are tied to buy them if you want some memories. We wished we had actually taken part in the deep water encounter afterwards - think you get a lot more for your money so consider which package you would like to do - may be worth paying the extra if you can.

1 Thank GKB16
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Family Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am an avid reader of Tripadvisor and after reading some of the Dolphin Bay reviews was slightly wary. I always read the "terrible" reviews and these usually give me some insight into the issues I may face.

Well my wife pressured me into going and with some trepidation we booked an Adventure at Dolphin Bay. Boy oh boy! Am I glad she convinced me into going. We were staying with friends on The Palm and they decided to come with us. All in all it was my wife, 13YO daughter, myself as well as our really good friends and their 2 teenagers (7 in total). Upon reading up about the interaction I noticed that the adventure group was limited to 6.

The reception was friendly and well managed even though Dolphin Bay was super busy. A very nice Arabic lady received us and settled us in (Bushra). A few minutes later we were escorted by one of the friendliest people I have ever met (Gooli) and taken to the change rooms to get ready.

As we walked in things got even better as we were enthusiastically greeted by the dolphin team. After getting changed and listening to a wonderfully informative talk we were ready to meet our dolphin. Our friends (french) were kindly placed with a french speaking trainer (Yoen) who they raved about after the interaction. He was friendly and showed a real passion for the dolphins. We were put in a group with our trainer (Brendan) who ensured we had the best family experience we have ever had. Dolphin Bay can be commended on a team of trainers who are passionate and love their jobs. From Shaun who welcomed us to the trainers Brendan and Yvette it was perfect!

In the water we met our dolphin Tulagi (the trainers were very patient with me as I asked them how to spell her name). She was gentle and appeared happy and enthusiastic. We loved touching her as she swam past. Her skin was silky smooth. In addition to swimming alongside her and getting many opportunities to interact with her we also got to dance, kiss, hug and get pushed by our hands. The coup de grace was her belly ride which was super exciting and FAST. Although I really loved swimming with her while we were allowed to touch her. So many things impressed me about this interaction but what impressed me most was the care these animals receive from their trainers.

What else can I say?

Is it expensive? Yes and totally worth it! I imagine it takes a lot of money to maintain the high standards Atlantis has set for housing their dolphins.

What about the Photos? We bought the USB for AED600 and have numerous high quality photos. It is expensive and once again worth it.

Is anything included? Yes! The Atlantis Water Park is free for those who bought an interaction. They have two huge towers with some of the best rides I have been on.

What a day! What an experience! My daughter has insisted we come every year to Dubai so she can visit Tulagi over and over again. It is a pity we live so far away.

Thank you dolphin team.