“Beautiful experience.”

Dolphin Bay
Ranked #9 of 415 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Bay in Dubai is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated dolphin habitats in the world. Here you can select from a range of dolphin interactions suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. Experiences range from standing in shallow water to swimming or scuba diving alongside these charismatic creatures. All Dolphin Bay packages also include access to Aquaventure Waterpark.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a surprise treat from my daughter for myself and other daughter, we were visiting her in Dubai. It was a wonderful experience, we were given some general knowledge on dolphins which was informative but not too much to get bored, they are very careful to ensure that no foreign objects can get into the water with the dolphins and even hair bobbles are not allowed. The staff are extremely caring and their affection for the dolphins is very obvious which is very encouraging. We were introduced to Lennox a 12 year old male dolphin, to stand and touch this warm blooded mammel was a humbling experience. I would highly recommend Dolphin Bay.

3  Thank Biffnteal
Write a ReviewReviews (2,192)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We tried the Dolphin Encounter. Recommend you book this in advance of your stay as they sell out fast.

On arrival you are asked to change into wet suits, these are better then vests as it covers most of your body as the pool is slightly colder temperature. No loose items can be worn, e.g. Watches, hair bands etc. however sun hats are allowed.

You are then given a tutorial explaining dolphins, what not do and what you will be doing. You are then split into groups of 10. Everyone takes it in turns to kiss or dance with the dolphin. It was great fun and organised well despite it lasting only 30 mins. We had a 3 year old, she was a bit apprehensive but she got in the water and was fine, she touched it but did not want to get closer than that. The staff were more patient with allowing for us having a small child and did lots of encouragement. The pool floor was sandy and soft.

The photos are expensive we paid 600aed for 8 photos with a USB stick of all the photos. I did not mind paying knowing this is a one off experience. I compared prices to that of Discovery Cove in Sea World, Florida and that is just as expensive.

3  Thank curepipetown
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went here for Valentines day with my girlfriend and we had an amazing, very memorable time.

The price is what it is - bordering on insanity, however you do get what you pay for.

We choose to do the scuba diving and wow was it great. There are a number of other dolphin experiences, however if you are scuba certified I think this is a great option as you really get a better view of the dolphins, and a different interaction with them.

The handlers were all amazing, very friendly, and definitely concerned with making sure we had fun.

We had a chance to hold the dolphin, feed them a fish, and a few other things. Just incredible.

While (of course!) it costs extra, I would recommend buying the pictures as they take tons of photos of you which are of great quality and really capture each moment.

3  Thank Wrstling1
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have always wanted to swim with dolphins so really could not wait to get to Dolphin Bay. It was quite expensive but not something that you would do everyday. The dolphins were lovely and is was surprisingly emotional to interact with one. I was a bit taken back to find out that the lagoon is a man made concrete lagoon, not the beachfront, natural lagoon I had envisioned, but that was maybe down to my lack of research. The staff are great, there's an opportunity to purchase pictures if you don't have anyone who isn't participating and can take them. The pictures are displayed on screens but are very small, so choosing is difficult. The dolphins are so beautiful, it was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I know it's a bit pricy... but I found it to be worth it. I can't remember the different packages that are available but we were in a small group and got a chance to swim with the dolphin, kiss him and watch him do tricks. We bought the photos from the Bay but I believe you have the option of having someone there to take photos for you but they need to pay to be there. The dolphin was so cute! This would be a fun experience for couple and families. I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Tarams