“Needs some maintenance”

London Creek Hotel Apartments
Ranked #134 of 296 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
“Needs some maintenance”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed here for days and was not impressed neither with the cleanliness nor the rotten silicon around the bathtub. The smell of indian scent made me run through the corridors not breathing worried to vomit. AC good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank michael M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This smallish hotel apartment "tucked" away from the bustling areas of "downtown Dubai" turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The studio room (spacious) was clean, tidy and housekeeping staff did a good job in refreshing it every day. Daily full breakfast consisted of Indian cooking as well as juices, cereal, and a limited selection of fresh fruits. Nothing fancy but adequate to start off a day of exhaustive sightseeing. The location is within walking distance of the Al Karama metro stop and the purchase of a daily "unlimited use" transit card for tourists is highly recommended to get around this much bigger than anticipated city. Open top double decker sightseeing bus stop is close by and so is Spinney, a grocery store packed with an amazing selection of goods and foods, including delicious hot items for lunch or dinner. In house internet connection is not complimentary but can be purchased. Access to the airport via the use of the Metro is possible although some tour companies provide complimentary shuttle service.
Plan your visit carefully as the hotel, while "within walking distance" of the Creek and other notable sights in the Bur Dubai area, is still a fair hike to get there AND to return. Hotel staff are helpful but may appear uninterested while they go about their business. A smile here and there would help!
The view of downtown Dubai from the roof top is breathtaking and the pool, while not tested because the water temperature was rather coolish, did look inviting. In room air conditioning appeared quiet and efficient and the bed was firm with a cozy European style duvet cover. Note:Hot water for shower was inadequate during evening hours.
Overall, this is a comfortable 3 stars establishment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Pansonne
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We booked on bookings.com. Our reservation was for 2 adults and 1 child. On arrival, we went to the front desk to check in. It looked as though the two people at reception had a fall out. She rolled her eyes at him, and he was very miserable to us, which I suppose should have tipped us off to what the rest of our stay would be like.
When we got to the room, we were a bit put off, but i checked the bedding, and it was clean, so decided to stay.
After spending a bit more time in room 407, we began noticing the 'grossness'. The bedrooms walls are filthy. The curtains untidy and smelly, the mats on the floor were filthy too. When checking the phone book to call a taxi, the dust on the cover was beyond shocking. The entire bedstand hadnt been cleaned in ages. The dust was so thick. The room with the iron was also dirty.
Onto the lounge.... The couch was dirty, the mat was dirty and the table hadnt been wiped down from the previous peoples coffee cups.
Reception staff were slow. Our kettle wasnt working, so i called for a replacement. It was quickly replaced. But when i saw we had no bedding for the filthy (broken) sleeper couch, i called reception again. 3 times i made the request for bedding. They didnt seem to care that i had a child that needed to sleep. Our first call was at 6pm, 20:45 it was received.
There are also no plugs in the bathroom for the bath.
We should have known room service wouldnt be good. The chips were either burnt, or the oil they were fried in, old. Probably old, as it seems to me tht everyone in this establishment is too lazy to get up!
Breakfast was included, but rather unappealing.
We chose this place because of its location and price. We have paid less for much better accomodation in the same area. And even if its not the best accomodation, i expect it to be clean. This is the worst place we have ever stayed, and will never recommend it to anyone and never stay there again. Whoever owns the London Creek should seriously rethink the management staff. ABSOLUTE SHOCKER!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Leigh O

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have been frequenting this hotel for several months now, but my latest experience was appauling! And this I think comes with the new staff. One lady in particular at the reception, is absolutely unprofessional and it seems she's doing the guests a favour to be there. The hotel is also NOT as clean as it used to be, as I found quite a few cockroaches in my room. Requesting a different room, took more than 3 days to comply with.... Not due to lack of rooms, but rather due to the attitude of 'You will stay where you are now'! Previous staff were friendly and professional, and it was a real pleasure being greeted respectfully and given priority treatment everytime I stayed there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
YASHWANT N, General Manager at London Creek Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Guests,

Gretings to you from London Creek Hotel Apts, Dubai!

I had read your review and I wish to express that I was quite livid with the whole situation and I sincerely wish to patch up with the lack of service you had experienced during your stay with us.

Please do give me an opportunity to be of service to you and your family certainly during your next stay with us and I whole heartedly appreciate your valued comments.

I am a firm believer that the guests satisfaction is of utmost importance and I would be glad if you could contact me at any time during your next visit.

I would further like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to Dubai and look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Yashwant Negi
London Creek Hotel Apts

Email: gm@loncreek.ae
Mobile: +971 50 640 2266
Tel: +971 4 3555444
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Checked in late Dec 2010 till early Jan2011.Stayed with my family in two rooms connecting .Decent rooms with basic facilities. Hotel staff great and well behaved . Nice neighbourhod. However,not much to offer for children and grounds not large enough to move around. Will recommend to others . May be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Ever heard, if not experienced, a hotel cancelling your reservation since some others have simply extended their stay! Not sure if one should say worse or comic when it happens twice! The first time it happened due to a hockey team I was told. Guess this time its a football team! However, the decision making is anything but sporty. Infact its the most unprofessional I have seen.

How would you react when you hear a hotel say that although you may land at xx hrs at the hotel, and inspite having a confirmed reservation, we cannot estimate how long you will have to wait until a room is provided to you! How is that a confirmed reservation then?

Off all the smart communication, I was asked "Sir, why do you take flights that land in the morning before our regular check in & out times?!!" I was confused between deciding to laugh or get angry. The official communication (written and oral) from the reservation dept is a joke. Do not take them seriously else your BP levels will run a riot.

I have many more words to say about this hotel, however, they all share the same tone - Negative (to say the least and control myself to be as polite in such a public forum).

Will not waste my time and effort if I were you in contacting this hotel. You may receive a confirmation letter only to be cancelled few days before your actual travel! I would not recommend this hotel even if you were the kinds that loved adventure! :)

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Sid G
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My disappointment is more geared towards the travel agent Flight Centre for having booked us for 2 nights in this sub standard hotel. The bathroom was disgusting. I would have gladly pai another 50 AUD to at least have had a better place to stay. Why would a reputable company like Flight Centre and Emirates accommodate it's guests in this hotel?

We stayed at London Creek for 2 nights and the customer service was excellent so can't fault the hospitality. But cannot recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2011