“Wonderful hotel, but I'm fairly certain they listen in on you”

The Address Downtown Dubai
Ranked #26 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. Great rooms, all with balconies. One side (the more expensive side) overlooks the Burj Khalifa. The other side overlooks the construction and the desert (facing south).

The rooms lived up to the things I heard about Dubai. Everything was done impeccably well. The staff was fantastic. The restaurants were also quite good. The location is right next to the Dubai Mall, and there's even a walkway that goes right over to it.

I did find one thing interesting. I was doing work in a colleague's room and she mentioned that it was dark in the room. A few minutes later, an employee came to the door with a lamp, saying that "we had requested a light." Now, this might have been a coincidence, but I'm certain we at no time requested anything of the sort from the staff. It leads me to believe that the hotel listens in on the rooms. Be aware of that if you're having any work-related discussions. Not sure if it's true, but it was certainly odd.

Room Tip: They're all quite good. The Burj Khalifa side has a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ptcunnings
Jeffrey F S, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai!

We deeply appreciate your wonderful comments on favorable location, fantastic associates and restaurants in the hotel.

However we were truly saddened to learn that you have felt someone listens in on you. We respect confidentiality of our valuable guests at all times and I would like to assure you that it was a coincidence.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jseward@theaddress.com if you have any further questions in regards with this matter.

There are newer reviews for The Address Downtown Dubai

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed for three nights in a club room whilst on a recent business trip. The rooms, buffet breakfast and general feel of the hotel were exceptional. Add to that the view from the club terrace and the service provided by every staff member and you have one of the best hotels of the world. Of course if you want a beach vacation then this isn't for you but being so close to the shops, restaurants and offices made for a perfect location for our needs. I must also give a special mention to all the members of staff in the club lounge. Following long days of meetings it was great to return to the lounge terrace and be so well looked after.....food and drink in the lounge were also brilliant. Next trip will definitely be booked to stay here.

Room Tip: Club room is great for the amenities, service and view of Khalifa from the terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lewisam
Jeffrey F S, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Address Downtown Dubai and indeed for your amazing comments on Trip Advisor on our services, facilities and fantastic view of Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa Tower.

We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This hotel is in a wonderful location for enjoying the fountain shows and Dubai mall and the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in.
My stay was marred by the noisy renovations that are going on throughout December. These are on the 6th and 14th floors at at the lake side of the hotel. The bridge linking the hotel to the mall was closed as was part of the pool and some of the restaurant.
I had received no prior warning that any work would be going on which I thought a bit unfair.
The room itself was very comfortable and the decor in general stylish.
The service was a bit patchy. For example having to ask each day for the local paper which was supposed to be delivered and coffee order forgotten at breakfast.
I would return because I think I was just unlucky but it is disappointing when you have looked forward to it for so long and also saved up to pay for it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hollins1

Thank you for your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai!

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed an amazing Dubai Fountain Show and comfort of your room facilities.

However we would like to apologize that you were not informed on possible construction noise while making your reservation. In line with our commitment to uphold the highest standards in hospitality, we are currently renovating certain areas in and around the hotel.

Please accept our apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

In this spirit, we sincerely hope that you can give us another opportunity to demonstrate an extraordinary branded experience at The Address Downtown on near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

There are many outstanding hotels in Dubai that have a 5 star rating and derseve it, but this hotel outdid them all. With a direct view of the Burj Khalifa, this hotel with it's own majestic height and beautiful exterior and interior decor, is a challenge on it's own. The infinity pool, the incredible buffet breakfast, the lavish and comforts of the rooms and its proximity to Dubai mall, 'The address hotel' is unmatched in it's offerings. The hotel staff is omni present, and the blend of international personalities is so refreshing. We were there on a national hoiliday, the 42nd, and they had just announced Dubai had been selected to host the 2020 Exposition. The fireworks displays mixed in with the dancing fountains at the foot of this hotel that followed, were the icing on the cake. My wife and I had the time of our life, and cannot thank the staff enough in enabling such a great stay. (November 27th-29th 2013)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the old city are just great and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moosik
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel over a long weekend in April. It was the suggestion of a friend, and I am SO GLAD I listened to her! Pricey yes, worth it-YES! Ever since I have stayed here I have compared every hotel to Address! Room was beautiful, spacious, with a balcony that could fit 10 people easily. The bed with huge, soft, and comfortable. The bathroom opened up to the main area. Room service was impeccable and prompt. We had lounge access. There were always treats and snacks available and we could ask for just about anything (even if it wasn't out in the spread) and the kitchen would prepare it. The best part of the lounge was sitting outside with an in-your-face-view of the Burj. Absolutely breathtaking! No better way to enjoy a meal than staring at one of the worlds most iconic buildings! The location of this hotel was nice if you wanted to go to the malls (which we didnt) but a tad far from other destinations like restaurants and gold souks. When I go back to Dubai, I will only be staying at this hotel. Highly recommend the Address Downtown!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Traveler4lifeMT
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is perfect as it adjoins the massive Dubai mall.

The rooms are spacious and inviting. The bathroom is reasonably small compared to the room size.

The kids club is awesome with lots of fun things to do for lil ones. The pool is fabulous with a separate kiddies pool.

The hotel staff are excellent and all very helpful. Room service is good with portion size very generous.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at the hotel write now,, very quite n nice, whenever i leave the room they visit for a quick cleanup but object are not very clean inthe bathroom you can see spots ,, the coffee machine is not that clean,, i want to clean it before using it

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ladylolaa

Thank you for your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai!

I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention that we are still facing some challenges to achieve excellence, my apologies in regards with cleanliness of your room and coffee machine. This has been addressed to our Executive Housekeeper, in order to ensure that this type of situation does not happen again.

We sincerely hope that you can give us another opportunity to demonstrate an extraordinary branded experience at The Address Downtown on near future.