“The Address Downtown Dubai” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Address Downtown Dubai - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #14 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Truro, United Kingdom
“The Address Downtown Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have just spent a few days here and to sum it up, it was fantastic. I was whisked through the airport by the Ahlan service to meet my husband at the Hotels own meeting lounge. Not only does the Ahlan service mean you don't have to walk far but you also get to visit a lounge for a drink and to freshen up before getting through passport control in extra quick time. Our luggage was then carried to a waiting, very comfortable car, where bottles of water and a chauffeur was waiting to take us to The Address Downtown. We arrived and were immediately taken to our room where we were shown round and to the Club lounge where we had access to food and soft drinks (all day and evening) along with alcoholic drinks from 6pm.
The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the pillows a dream, ( I'm still trying to find out where I can buy some now, please someone let me know!?)
All the staff looked after us very very well. The young lady called " Lovely" was quite simply lovely along with all the staff in The Club Lounge who couldn't do enough for us. Add to that the ladies in The Spa and all the gentlemen working by the pool. The situation is great for The Dubai Mall
(right next Door) plus not too far from the Gold and Spice Souks, about 25 mins in a taxi.
We will be back as soon as we can and I will definitely be recommending this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get access to the club lounge by booking a club room , also ask for a room with a view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arran M
Jeffrey F S, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest

We were pleased to read through the details of your arrival experience and learn that the team made such an impression from the moment you arrived at the airport. Thank you for recognizing the wonderful service from our associates in the different areas of the hotel and especially at the Club Lounge – Lovely is indeed Lovely! We will surely share your kind words with her.

We were also delighted to hear that you found our bed and pillows to be the most comfortable you have ever slept in. They are specially made for The Address Hotels and Resorts and we do have the pillows available in our hotel – kindly contact us at downtowndubai@theaddress.com for further details.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jeffrey Seward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here recently for one night and had high expectations from the start, having stayed the night before at Al Maha. These expectations were met - we had booked a Club room with a fountain view but were upgraded to a Junior Suite so had a huge amount of space as well as our lovely balcony overlooking the fountains and the Burj.

The service in the Club lounge was great - all staff were friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We really appreciated having access to this space and being able to sit, have a drink and a snack whenever we felt like it.

Our room itself was great - very spacious and a modern layout. Quality linens and a huge, comfy bed that was very hard to get out of for our early morning flight.

The final touch - our car to the airport - was also very stylish with attentive service and just topped off our stay nicely.

We'll definitely be back and will be recommending this place to others - great location and excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pink_bear19
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at The Address Downtown.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments regarding your overall experience at the hotel. Our Club Rooms are indeed special and we were pleased to know that you felt so comfortable and were able to take advantage of the beautiful views of Burj Khalifa from your balcony. Thank you for recognizing the Club Lounge team and their friendly and attentive service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in a not so distant future.

Bordeaux
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

During a recent short stay in Dubai, I went to The Address downtown Dubai Hotel to enjoy the great view from there. I had some delicious italian food at the Risala Lobby Lounge. Great service from a friendly waiter called Danang.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.
We would like to thank you for recognizing our wonderful associate Danang and we will certainly share your compliments with the team. We were very happy indeed to read that you had a wonderful experience with us at The Address Downtown.

We hope to welcome you back for a longer stay next time.

Singer Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location. Connected to the Mall so very convenient. Rooms are standard but comfortable enough. Bedsheets are of great quality and so are the pillows. Not too far from the airport and in the middle of a lot of the shopping malls and good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Address Downtown.

We were delighted to know that you felt so comfortable in your room and that you were happy with our privileged location and proximity to the Dubai Mall.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Second time of staying here and have enjoyed both occasions. The rooms are nothing special, a tad bland in some ways, you could be any business hotel. The thing that makes this hotel stand out is its view of the fountains, the awesome infinity pool and some of the beautiful common areas. Neo's the bar here has great views as well. Breakfast buffet was good as was dinner, friendly and very helpful staff. When I realised I had forgotten my cuff links they immediately helped which impressed me.

Would go back...

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to face the fountain
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai.

We would like to sincerely thank you for recognizing the privileged location of our hotel, and our friendly and helpful associates.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Address Downtown Dubai.

With kind regards,

Philippe Zuber
Bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We couldn't have asked for better accommodation. Great location to be able to watch the fountain show from our balcony and to look straight at the Burj Khalifa. Our room was beautiful with everything we needed. Great pool and pool area. The Dubai mall was a short walk from the hotel to shop till you drop. The staff were the best!! The address downtown hotel made it a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for an amazing feedback on your experience at The Address Downtown Dubai!

We are pleased to learn that our favored location with a wonderful view of Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa, the comfort of our rooms and service provided by our professional associates, have made your stay memorable.

We all look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Philippe Zuber
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 1 year, in a 1 bedroom apartment. First of all, the many good points. The apartment was beautifully furnished and well equipped. The gym and pool are fabulous. I swam in the pool most mornings and loved it. The towels and linens provided are soft and luxurious. the bed, pillows, chairs etc were very comfortable and there was lots of storage space. The view (we were on 30th floor) was breathtaking. The proximity to the Dubai Mall was wonderful and made staying there a real pleasure. The communal areas were bright, spacious and well kept. The landscaping and gardens are beautiful. Whenever friends found out we lived there, they were very jealous!
Now, unfortunately, the bad points. The TV was woeful. Very few English channels available. The TV was HD ready but the hotel did not have HD, although they kept promising us that it was about to be installed. The TV also had a habit of switching itself off for no reason, and would not come back on for hours. The picture also would break up quite badly in the middle of programmes. We could not connect our dvd player (none was provided) so we ended up buying a new TV for the apartment so we could watch dvds when there was nothing else to watch. The TVs were also used for messages, and whenever a message did appear we would delete it, only to have messages reappear for months after. The sound was so poor. Any incidental music would drown out dialogue, because the TV still had factory settings which apparently could not be altered (we did not believe this - there is not a TV on the planet which cannot be set to personal requirements). I have stayed in other hotels in Dubai and EVERY ONE had better TV than here, a fact which I told management but which they refused to accept.
The Internet was very slow, and would cut out sometimes. Shortly before we moved out the wireless system was upgraded but we were told we would have to pay extra if we wanted a faster speed, despite being promised free high speed internet when we moved in.
The apartment was serviced three times a week. On the whole I can't complain, as they did a reasonable job (we are naturally tidy people anyway) but over the year they got later and later, until eventually they would not arrive to begin cleaning until 6pm. My husband did not appreciate having people cleaning around him after a long day at work! Some things were hardly ever cleaned - I resorted to cleaning the large patio doors myself, when they got so bad I could hardly see out of them! Sometimes I had to clean the kitchen worktop after they left because they used a dirty cloth to wipe it down.
Twice during they year we were left with no hot water for several days when the boilers (there are 2) ceased working. Our complaints about lack of hot water were met by shrugs of indifference from the front desk staff. We were able to have hot showers only by going to the gym and using theirs - not ideal!
Most of the above was just something to put up with, but the worst experience of all came on the day we moved out. Two people came to check the room, and they counted every single item (I was made to feel like a criminal!). I was told we would be charged for several broken items - despite the fact that we did not break them! We had reported some of them after moving in (iron, bathroom scales)but they were never fixed or replaced so we purchased our own. The hair dryer had a broken nozzle but I had not bothered to report it as I used my own hairdryer, yet I was told I would be charged the cost of repairing it. At the end of that process they almost snatched the room keys out of my hand and walked off. No pleasantries, no goodbyes, just some frosty looks. In the end we were not charged for anything, as fortunately I had taken photos when I moved in (I always do) which proved my case.
Such a shame that our stay there was marred by an unpleasant checkout procedure which made me feel as though they were glad to see the back of us! I actually cried en route to my new apartment!
Overall, I did enjoy staying at The Address, but they must resolve issues raised by guests if they want to be seen as a truly world class hotel. Service in general was slow, and sometimes required several calls. It is all very well for The Address to reply to these comments by saying "this does not reflect our high standard of service" but if you have a standard then you should try to maintain it! Many other guests complain that service is very slow and staff are not helpful, and this was our experience also.
I have given four stars in spite of these bad points, because the good points were excellent and I enjoyed living there. I was sad to leave but I would have to think about whether I would stay there again. If the points addressed in this review were to be rectified, I would definitely stay there again. It is expensive, and they need to improve to justify their prices and to live up to their somewhat hyped reputation. The location, however, is what makes The Address a great place to stay, whether for a few days or as a resident.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views. Rooms not facing the Burj Khalifa are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple