“Fantastic Views and Great Location”

and 1 more site!
The Address Downtown Dubai
Ranked #23 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Bunbury
“Fantastic Views and Great Location”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We couldn't have asked for better accommodation. Great location to be able to watch the fountain show from our balcony and to look straight at the Burj Khalifa. Our room was beautiful with everything we needed. Great pool and pool area. The Dubai mall was a short walk from the hotel to shop till you drop. The staff were the best!! The address downtown hotel made it a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for an amazing feedback on your experience at The Address Downtown Dubai!

We are pleased to learn that our favored location with a wonderful view of Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa, the comfort of our rooms and service provided by our professional associates, have made your stay memorable.

We all look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Philippe Zuber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 1 year, in a 1 bedroom apartment. First of all, the many good points. The apartment was beautifully furnished and well equipped. The gym and pool are fabulous. I swam in the pool most mornings and loved it. The towels and linens provided are soft and luxurious. the bed, pillows, chairs etc were very comfortable and there was lots of storage space. The view (we were on 30th floor) was breathtaking. The proximity to the Dubai Mall was wonderful and made staying there a real pleasure. The communal areas were bright, spacious and well kept. The landscaping and gardens are beautiful. Whenever friends found out we lived there, they were very jealous!
Now, unfortunately, the bad points. The TV was woeful. Very few English channels available. The TV was HD ready but the hotel did not have HD, although they kept promising us that it was about to be installed. The TV also had a habit of switching itself off for no reason, and would not come back on for hours. The picture also would break up quite badly in the middle of programmes. We could not connect our dvd player (none was provided) so we ended up buying a new TV for the apartment so we could watch dvds when there was nothing else to watch. The TVs were also used for messages, and whenever a message did appear we would delete it, only to have messages reappear for months after. The sound was so poor. Any incidental music would drown out dialogue, because the TV still had factory settings which apparently could not be altered (we did not believe this - there is not a TV on the planet which cannot be set to personal requirements). I have stayed in other hotels in Dubai and EVERY ONE had better TV than here, a fact which I told management but which they refused to accept.
The Internet was very slow, and would cut out sometimes. Shortly before we moved out the wireless system was upgraded but we were told we would have to pay extra if we wanted a faster speed, despite being promised free high speed internet when we moved in.
The apartment was serviced three times a week. On the whole I can't complain, as they did a reasonable job (we are naturally tidy people anyway) but over the year they got later and later, until eventually they would not arrive to begin cleaning until 6pm. My husband did not appreciate having people cleaning around him after a long day at work! Some things were hardly ever cleaned - I resorted to cleaning the large patio doors myself, when they got so bad I could hardly see out of them! Sometimes I had to clean the kitchen worktop after they left because they used a dirty cloth to wipe it down.
Twice during they year we were left with no hot water for several days when the boilers (there are 2) ceased working. Our complaints about lack of hot water were met by shrugs of indifference from the front desk staff. We were able to have hot showers only by going to the gym and using theirs - not ideal!
Most of the above was just something to put up with, but the worst experience of all came on the day we moved out. Two people came to check the room, and they counted every single item (I was made to feel like a criminal!). I was told we would be charged for several broken items - despite the fact that we did not break them! We had reported some of them after moving in (iron, bathroom scales)but they were never fixed or replaced so we purchased our own. The hair dryer had a broken nozzle but I had not bothered to report it as I used my own hairdryer, yet I was told I would be charged the cost of repairing it. At the end of that process they almost snatched the room keys out of my hand and walked off. No pleasantries, no goodbyes, just some frosty looks. In the end we were not charged for anything, as fortunately I had taken photos when I moved in (I always do) which proved my case.
Such a shame that our stay there was marred by an unpleasant checkout procedure which made me feel as though they were glad to see the back of us! I actually cried en route to my new apartment!
Overall, I did enjoy staying at The Address, but they must resolve issues raised by guests if they want to be seen as a truly world class hotel. Service in general was slow, and sometimes required several calls. It is all very well for The Address to reply to these comments by saying "this does not reflect our high standard of service" but if you have a standard then you should try to maintain it! Many other guests complain that service is very slow and staff are not helpful, and this was our experience also.
I have given four stars in spite of these bad points, because the good points were excellent and I enjoyed living there. I was sad to leave but I would have to think about whether I would stay there again. If the points addressed in this review were to be rectified, I would definitely stay there again. It is expensive, and they need to improve to justify their prices and to live up to their somewhat hyped reputation. The location, however, is what makes The Address a great place to stay, whether for a few days or as a resident.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views. Rooms not facing the Burj Khalifa are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SusieW3016
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 7, 2013

what a hotel, huge , lavish and excellent staff. We ere however made to wait for 3 hours since we had arrived early.

The staff was very helpful and even compensated us with free breakfast for our entire stay.beautiful pool and at a very very central location with easy access to the pool and surrounding areas,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai!

We are constantly striving to provide the highest standard, where your observations are much valued in directing us in this regard.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services, and looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed thier with my waif and three kids.Great service,location and facility. I highly recommend it.Next to the best and largestshooping senter in the regineand its family time,and its in the middle of dubai. The best area and the best hotel.

Room Tip: Fountain viwe rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BufahadR
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Address Downtown Dubai as your preferred destination for family holidays.

We are delighted to know that our services, facilities and location have met your expectations and made your stay remarkable.

It is important for us to provide the best service to all our valuable guests.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back at our hotel in near future.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 3, 2013

best place to stay whenever you are in Dubai,near to the Dubai mall and many other destinations u would love to visit....!! best place to see the fountain show, and overlooking the burj khalifa, rooms are excellent and so is the service, friendly atmosphere of the staff, overall u will love being at the address downtown hotel...... !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate your positive comments on your stay at The Address Downtown Dubai.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the privileged location of our hotel with an amazing view of Fountain Show and Burj Khalifa.

We would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback on our rooms and services provided by our associates.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to create a memorable experience for you and your family one more time.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2013

LOCATION: Awesome location right next to the Dubai Mall and Burj Kalifa.

ROOM: Big apartment style room. Had to move to another room because of small flies in our first room. The front desk upgraded us to a Burj Kalifa / Fountain View due to the inconvenience. The view from a high floor is remarkable. The room had a kitchenette with plates, utensils and cooking equipment. There is a Waitrose supermarket in the Dubai Mall if you want to buy food and cook.

STAFF: Nice staff.

HOTEL: Great contemporary design throughout. Great swimming pool. Would have rated this a 5 out of 5 if we didn't have the initial room issue and if the hotel room rate was more reasonable.

NOTE: All our reviews are not evaluated on the exclusively mutual experience at the respective hotel. Our ratings and standards are benchmarked with other hotels that we have stayed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your experience at The Address Downtown.

We would like to sincerely thank you for recognizing our privileged location and the wonderful facilities we have available in our apartments. We were delighted to read that our associates made a good impression and that you had an enjoyable time.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind regards,
Philippe Zuber.
glasgow
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Open bright lobby and rooms. Clean and restaurant has buffet style options which mix both eastern and western food with a good choice including numerous desserts. Staff were a bit slow and not very responsive. Still worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your experience at The Address Downtown.

We were pleased to know that you enjoyed the variety of menu and ambience of our restaurant as well as the comfort of our guest rooms. We would like to apologize for the lack of response you received, this is certainly not in line with our service commitment and we would like to thank you for your constructive feedback that will help us address the shortfall.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,