“The only place to stay in Dubai”

The Address Downtown Dubai
Ranked #50 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel to Dubai quite frequently and since I discovered this hotel I made it my home away from home.

This is a true 5 star hotel by all definitions, it's strategically located in the Emmar complex next to Dubai Mall and right across from Burj Khalifa (the worlds tallest building). Even with so many tourist attractions in such close proximity the hotel manages to maintain its exclusivity.

I always stay at rooms with fountain view, I do enjoy looking at the tallest building in the world and catching the music fountains shows during the evenings from my room balcony.

The hotel staff is very professional and friendly, In room dining is superb!! Food selection and quality is equivalent to a fine dining restaurant.

The breakfast buffet is really good and offers a wide selection of international cuisine, I had a few business breakfast meetings and my guests were pleased.

During one of my previous stays, I missed my flight and had to take the next flight which was several hours later that day. I returned to the hotel and the manager kindly comped me a room for few hours until my next flight, I really appreciated this gesture and it showed how guests are treated at this hotel.

Next time your in Dubai, spoil yourself and stay at the Address Downtown Hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex R
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for these wonderful compliments on our hotel. It was a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm for the hotel is highly appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future. Kindest regards, Philippe Zuber General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Granted this place is in the heart of everything. The pool area is awesome, overlooks the fountains by the mall and the Burj Khalifa. Maybe it was just bad luck but I had a few problems with my actual room in the hotel. I had requested a non smoking room, I guess in other parts of the world you can still smoke in hotels? is that even allowed in america anymore?, anyway, when i entered my room, it smelled as if someone went through an entire carton of cigs prior to checking out.
The whole room stunk. Now this might not be the hotels fault, but this was down right annoying. I left the room for a few hours and when i came back it was still really smelly. I had to pack my stuff and demand to be moved to another room. The staff was more than happy to help, so i got a new room (not an upgrade) but the next morning i woke up and i found a live cock roach crawling accross the desk. pretty gross. The breakfast i ordered from room service was pretty lousy as well. If you are an American, like me, you will probably not be impressed with the meal.

The decor in the rooms is pretty drab, mostly brown and dark colors probably to hide dirt and stains. I didnt sit on anything without laying down a towel first and i would advise you do the same. The burger i had by the pool rocked and the lobby is very nice, they have a cool bar on a high floor in the hotel, but the rooms kinda sucked. Not to mention some crazy a-hole was screaming about something in the room next door to me in the middle of the night. Oh and they mistanley charged me for something from the mini bar that I didnt take (never resolved). Generally, this is more of business/adult hotel, which is nice, because kids annoy me, but I think I will pass on "The Address" next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel in a club room. This hotel is stunning! We had a car to meet us on arrival,taking us to the hotel and all went seamlessly. The check in was completed in our room by a charming young lady. The room itself was huge, with views of the fountain from a very large balcony.

The club facilities are the best we have ever experienced. There was enough choice of food to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. The staff were very friendly, chatting whilst they served us our drinks as we learned about where they came from and discussing our holiday. The view from the outside seating area was fantastic.

We ate breakfast in the Fazaris every morning and the choice was excellent as was the service. We did not try any of the other restaurants as the club lounge's food was very good.

The location of this hotel is fantastic with a walkway to the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa close by. The swimming pool was well laid out, with plenty of loungers and umbrellas.

Check out was again seamless and in the car back to the airport the driver was friendly and we enjoyed hearing about how well the hotel treated it's workers.

Smittened now and know that we will be back - think it is the only hotel for us now on our yearly visit to Dubai.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a club room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katco
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We called into the Hotel The Address to meet up with friends while in Dubai. Entering the building you knew this hotel was something special. First lift took you to the 63rd floor where you had to change lifts to take you to the top of this amazing building. The lift opens up into the a bar with views that will blow your mind. Drinks are expensive but on par with other places in Dubai. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Worth a visit just for the views alone and the Water fountain display which is one of the best l have ever seen anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Blondeblueyes

Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel the levels of service were absolutely excellent! there had been a slight hiccup with our reservation, hotels fault, and we were immediately offered an apartment / suite as an upgrade! Location right at the mall couldn't have been any better nor the view from the pool of the Khalifa Tower.....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippe Z, General Manager at The Address Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay at the Address Downtown Dubai. I'm so thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words to everyone on our team. I am looking forward to your next visit at your private address in Dubai. Philippe Zuber, General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

If you love shopping and five star hotels, this is the place for you. The added bonus is the view of the Burj Khalifa and the fountain show. Just ask for a pool view room as the fountain can be a little noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MmeParker

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Address Downtown Dubai and for posting such amazing review. I will certainly share your kind words with the team. We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to Dubai. Philippe Zuber, General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, it has an amazing location next to The Dubai Mall.

The hotel was too crowded and maybe this was the reason of the drop in service quality, calls to operators sometimes took a long time to be answered, same thing with requests

The hotel is clean and we liked the furniture, the bed room was too small and the bed was not great to be honest

Other than than, you will enjoy the facilities in the hotel and the breakfast is great

In term of value, the hotel is overpriced for the level of service.

I recommend the hotel to you if you want to be in a good location and especially if you are coming to shop or to have fun inside the dubai mall, other than that there are many better hotels in terms of quality and price.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TariqAlsada

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Address Downtown Dubai. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. We are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Dubai and demonstrate further service improvements. Philippe Zuber, General Manager