“Decent albeit expensive hotel in a great location”

Ibis Deira City Centre
Ranked #197 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Bangalore, India
“Decent albeit expensive hotel in a great location”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Literally ten minutes taxi ride from the airport, with a metro stop and the Deira City Centre mall just across. You'd be hard pressed to find a better location.

The rooms are well sized, however our bathroom definitely had a ventilation problem which left a lot of moisture in the room and our clothes. The rooms could have been cleaned better too...
Friendly staff.
Didn't try the food but loved the coffee shop in front of the reception.
Most of all, this is a few metro stops away from the Heritage Village and our favourite restaurant Kan Zaman where you smoke a peaceful sheesha by the creek and taste some of the best stuffed vine leaves ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank vraiborde
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the quality of ventilation in the bathroom and room cleanness.

I would like you to rest assure that I am personally taking your remarks very seriously and that urgent corrective measures will be taken.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The location is quite good. Almost central to city's many attractions (other than Jumeirah) and Dubai Trade Center. Staff is quite helpful.

However the rooms are very tiny, no wi-fi service is available in the rooms (be it paid or free), only in reception area.

Not much to say really, not a bad place for sleep-in for a night or two, but I would say if you are in Dubai, you might as well pay a little bit more and stay at a more attractive spot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NevzatBarcin
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fantastic hotel in every possible way highly rate this. Perfect location, great price, buffet breakfast, fantastic mattress and excellent service. Great value for the price. Nothing bad about this hotel even close to shopping, food outlets and hop on hop off bus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Hazzamaree6
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of the customers services & the breakfast buffet; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rooms are classic but correct. Even if a bit small, our room included all what you need and expect
Except the internet : the wifi is only available at the reception ! This is the reason of my "average" rate : i did not expect that in a horel in Dubai in 2013 !
I have tried the room service, acerage quality : it looks it is not made at the hotel, it looks more "take away" meals than real cooked meals

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank LOL2512
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of the room services.

Allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Mumbai
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The choice for me in Dubai is between IBIS Deira and IBIS Al Rigga. This time it was IBIS Deira because I wanted to shop at the City Center which is across the hotel.

Do be careful when you cross to the City Center (this was one of the reasons I had switched to Al Rigga). For some strange reason, there are poor raffic lights and perhaps Dubai authorities (which is otherwise extremely proactive in its approach) is waiting for an accident to put in a clear traffic light for the pedestrian crossing with zebra crossing. Presently it is extremely confusing with traffic light on side of the road and none on the other side and no "Wait" or "Cross" signs. I do hope the hotel along with its sister Hotel Novotel which is next door will approach the authorities immediately and save a life. Presently you either go to the metro station to go across (and can be a good 8 minutes process) or say a prayer and dart accross. Please rectify the situation immediately for the sake of your guests.

One welcome changeat the IBIS was the free internet (this had been my previous complaints on IBIS). So I am glad IBIS reads reviews. Everything else was consistent as previous stays. The only negative is that it does get busy at the reception around noon and check-in and check-out can be quite a pain because it can take more than 20 minutes. It is just that the staff gets overwhelmed and it would be nice if the process became smoother and the wait time reduced. Despite the pressure, the staff stays calm and smiling.

I did have breakfast once. Although it is a bit steep, it is comprehensive.

Room Tip: Book in advance and online because the rates are very dynamic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny03
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the internet services.

Allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the late check in at the reception.

UAE
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Deira City Centre Ibis is just about as convenient as you can get for staying in Dubai. It is steps from a metro station, across the road from a good shopping Mall, and very close to the creek. Free underground parking and also close to the airport makes it a great place to stay.
Ibis hotels are all the same, so you can expect small, clean rooms with minimum facilities (this one does have fridges in the rooms now, which is nice). The corridors can be a little noisy at nights, but people usually don't carouse too late. Wifi is only available in the lobby (free). If you have a laptop with an ethernet plug you can access the internet in your room (so not for ipads), also for free. There is a good breakfast area, and the lobby has a lot of places to sit and relax, along with a small coffee/snack bar there, and newspapers. You can use the pool and gym at the next-door Novotel hotel for free. Staff are friendly and efficient.

I had a rather bad experience, but this is surely a one-off, so I would not say it is typical. I was locked in my bathroom by a faulty door handle, and the bathroom phone was not working. By lucky chance I had my cellphone in the bathroom and was able to call for help that way. Otherwise I'm not sure how long I would have been stuck in there. The staff had to hammer off the door handle to get me out. I was relocated to another room, and myself and the friends I came with were given a 50% discount for the excellent restaurant attached to the hotel, by the manager. All I can say is check the bathroom phone is working and be a little wary of the bathroom door! But I would say this is a rare event.

Speaking of the restaurant, Bistro Domino, it was a truly wonderful dining experience, and quite a surprise find at a budget hotel. Very high quality food, great discrete service, and alcohol is also served there. A tad expensive, but totally worth it.

All-in-all, except for the bathroom incident I would thoroughly recommend a stay at Ibis Deira.

Room Tip: If a non-smoker, stay away from the smoking floors, as they smell of smoke. Try not to get a room o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rizuj
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of customers services and the quality of the cleanness in general and the quality of services at Bistro restaruant.

Allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the bathroom phone.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We checked in at almost 3:00 a.m. and the process went smoothly without any hitches. The front desk personnel were very courteous and friendly even at that hour of the morning. Breakfast fare was plentiful and the waiters were friendly and helpful. Food was filling and tasty. The hotel rooms are on the small side but comfortable and clean. The location is also very good as it is across one of the bigger malls and is walking distance to the Metro station. We were very satisfied with the hotel staff and facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andynan1
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of the cleanness in general, public area and room and concerning the customers services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.