“Good Hotel”

Ranked #194 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times and have always found it very good. It is close to the airport (not on the flight path) and a short walk from the Metro.

You can get a voucher for about 30DHS which allows you to use the pool at the Novotel next door.

Handy for the Deira Mall for some provisions (it also has a cinema). Its in the old city centre which I think has alot more going for it as it is busy and full of life.

The Hotel does what you expect and Ibis to do. Clean, comfortable and good A/C in the rooms which is very important in Dubai!

Room Tip: I my experience the if you treat the staff like people and are friendly they are first rate. You of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of the cleanness in general, public area and room; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
christchurch
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We found the Hotel as described by a relative who has stayed before. Principally close to the Airport, across the road from the Deira City Mall and the Big Red Bus company who do tours around Dubai much the same as other places we have visited. Very good tours.
The Hotel was as expected being an Ibis.The one thing that was upsetting was the fact that if you are an early arrival NO check in until 2.00 pm.. NOT good when you have been in the air for 22 hours and have stuck UAE Customns and immigration..
Our tip: Try to plan your flight so you have minimum time before check in

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the early check in during your stay.

I would like you to rest assure that I am personally taking your remarks very seriously and that urgent corrective measures will be taken.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Mumbai
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I prefer staying at clean budget hotel especially with standards, thats why i preferred Ibis. Conveniently located opposite to the Deira City Centre Mall and Metro. The rooms are clean, staff is very courteous. One thing i would like the hotel to add is wifi internet in the rooms. There are only (paid) wired connections and for wifi you have to in the lobby (available free).
I was only for 1 night, so didnt bother to explore much about the hotel. In the limited time, I found everything just right.

Room Tip: Choose a room which faces the Novotel swimming pool. Other view are a little boring.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially the good quality of the customers services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the wifi connection in the room.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed January 8, 2013

this hotel is value for mony however it could be slightly imoproved example .provide a slding glas door for the shower to prevent water coming out to other bathroom area.
There should be more options for Room selection for on line booking such as level.view(garden view.sea view etc..).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oreste Geronimo T, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations concerning the water overflow from the shower; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Brugg, Switzerland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ibis Deira City Center is well-located. It is a two minute walk away from the Deira City Center Metro Station, which is part of the red line metro. The red line metro connects most of the well known Dubai locations, like the airport, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa. Other locations such as the Gold, Spice, and Old Souks, Palm Jumeirah, and Dubai Marina can be reached by taxi from the nearest red line metro stop. The hotel itself is very different from most Ibis hotels I have stayed in, it being the most opulent Ibis I have visited. The room size is standard for Ibis, the service quite fast from check in up to the time I checked out. I was not able to try the breakfast and dinner services, as I had opted to get breakfast from the nearby mall. There is a bar which serves alcohol, which serves both Ibis and the adjoining Novotel hotel. The Novotel pool can also be used for a small fee. The Ibis runs a daily shuttle to a private beach in Jumeirah, which we also visited. Overall, this hotel is great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank SiegfriedQ
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, January 5, 2013

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially with the front office team about the good services during the check in; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This Ibis hotel is a bit better than the Al Rigga in Dubai; a more convenient location just across the road from the Deira City Centre mall, and there are refrigerators in the rooms. Plus I was told about the wifi in the lobby. A standard Ibis experience: no frills but clean, modern rooms at a good price. Helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank apteryx055
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the customers services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed at the Ibis hotel several times, and it has always met my expectations. It is in a great location and the service has always been good. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel for yourself or your family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CharlesD123

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the good quality of services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.