“Bad Service”

Ranked #193 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Muscat, Oman
“Bad Service”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I spent only one night over there as we found something bad from the hotel's services.

Location:As we were checking some locations of many hotels in Deira area, we came to interest with Ibis Deira City Centre because the location was shown as in front of Deira City Centre. Then, we decided to book. When came back from Abu Dhabi, we stopped in Burj Dubai Bus Station and found a taxi to go there with strong explanation about this hotel's location. The taxi guy said he did not recornigsed this hotel's name but he would go around Deira City Centre as it said the hotel is in front of Deira City Centre. Finally, we found it hardly. Actually, it was in another side of Deira City Center ( In front of City Center's parking).

Checking in: There few staffs in the front desk and two security guys were at the door in. I supposed to get help from them as my husband had to carry two big bags and I myself one big bag and one small bag. Oh my god, they stood like the statue and I need to do everything by myself.
Room: We book for double bed room, but we got was wrong to what we expected. The room was really small and the bed is even like the single one. That's why my husband and I decided to move out after staying one night there. Anyway, the cleanness was not so perfect because we found one used box of the old guest on the table in our room. I do not why the hotel staff wanted to keep it there for the new guest to get it...

Activities: In the promotion, they said wifi is free provided in lobby. I came downstairs three times in order to get the chance to go to internet for checking some places that we needed to go, but unluckily, the staffs were never free to give us the password and username. My husband and I made a shift to go there to get the password, but we got nothing as they said they were too busy. Once, I came from Deira City Center around 9 PM with my husband, i saw a lot of sexy girls were talking on the hotel's phone lines in front of the lift. Then, they went upstair to see their guest ( next to my room). One more thing, if you want to enjoy swimming pool you are required to pay as the pool is joined to one neighboring hotel.

Check out: Same things happened to us like when we checked in. Dragging the bag out of the hotel, but this time one guy in car park was helpful. He found a taxi for us and then we leave that stupid hotel.

My recommendation: the hotel is a bit expensive and the service is poor .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Takdy
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Dubai City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My favourite low cost hotel in Dubai and much better than the other Ibis hotels in the city. Staff have always been efficient and helpful. The room is clean and provides basic needs. The location is good.

Room Tip: Check that you are not near families.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mafimish
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Dubai City Center.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Ibis.

Sydney
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Pros:
- cheap
- close to airport
- taxi easily available
- good aircon

Cons
- poor service, they were quite rude and uniformed. When asked about the room service menu and shuttle services he said neither existed when both did.
- no fridge
- no kitchenette or coffee making facilities
- no shower door
- no bathroom toiletries
- tv didn't work (although we managed to wrangle a cleaner in to fix it by shaking it violently)
- room was very humid
- hard bed, not very comfortable
- no wi fi.

Overall more disadvantages than benefits, but passable as a stop over hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah L
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, August 25, 2012

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a lovely new hotel in the Deira city area. Price for rooms is very good value. Breakfast is a great selection and although it was Ramadan the hotel was very helpful at feeding you when you couldn't eat anywhere else in public!

My only grumbles are that there is no tolerance for early check in; you get charged half the room rate again to check in. My flight arrived at 5:45 am and no shops open until 10:00 am, so I had a tedious wait in reception for a few hours.

There is a delicious looking pool outside the 2nd floor windows but it isn't part of this hotel.

Laundry prices are astronomical and my whites came back grey - just hand wash in the sink and save yourself 200 AED

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lavieenrosie
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Ibis.

Thiruvalla, India
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rooms are small but clean.The vending machine kept on the floor which i was sleeping (6th) was not working and I lost the money I put in it.Even after I repeatedly complained to the reception they never called back or did anything about it.The staff in the hotel are very RUDE and not at all helpful.Snack Bar is very expensive.Never stay here if you have any other option.

Room Tip: Choose this place if you don't have any other option.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ggn_12
ManagerHotelDCC, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking some of your precious time to write to us.

As our aim is to provide high level of service which you expect and deserve from us, we are grateful for your positive comments which we shared with our team. Inspired with this we assure you, our valued guest, that we will continue to deliver exceptional service at all times.

Sincerely yours,
Rooms Division Manager
H6481-FO@accor.com
Campinas, SP
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Standard Ibis hotel.
Near big shoppong mall and metro station Deira Centre.
Room is Ibis standard: tiny, but comfortable.
Free wifi in room.
Good value considering location.
I ordered a meal in room. Very good sandwich with french fries.
Staff helpfull.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Caproni
ManagerHotelDCC, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, August 2, 2012

Thank you once more for sharing your comments with us and we look forward in welcoming you again in the future.

Sincerely yours,