Was at Ibis for 3 days:
- Comfortable/clean rooms
- Functional size of room/toilet
- Water/Juice vending machine on every floor
- Decent breakfast
- Great location
- Friendly front desk staff
- Excellent air conditioning
- No issues on hot running water
- Early check in was charged @ 50% the room rate with no breakfast!! Paid separately for this with a 20% discount
- I was specific on a double room at the time of booking and got a twin room as there was no availability
- No facility for moving the baggage to/from the room at the time of check in/out. I went down to just outside the exit door, rolled a trolley to the room, put the bags and rolled it all the way down (if you are on a shopping spree in Dubai this can be real difficult)
- Almost the same dishes for breakfast everyday
- Shower cubicle is too small, all the water flows out
- 15 minute gurantee (a initiative wherein any problem is handled in 15 mins or the room is complimentary) is a farce, no one picked up my repeated calls on 2 consecutive days
- Lobby is full of guests waiting for their check in time
- A few good english channels on TV did not have audio
- Reception refused to give a check out bill as I had booked through a website (3rd party according to them), this was a first time I heard this!
- No basic stationary on the desk
- No waste bin in the room
- Pathetic sound proofing, I was in room 277 and I could hear everything from the next room
(I am sure they too heard me). I don't think the walls are solid, they are more like partitions.
- Limited room service menu
- Restaurant is not big enough for all guests during breakfast, I had to share a table with other guests which was a bit awkward
Overall Ibis is a value proposition only for a business traveler that too for a few days only. Definitely not suited for family etc. The central location opp the city center mall is a great advantage.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ibis Deira City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Deira City Centre Hotel Dubai
- Ibis Hotel Dubai
- Deira City Centre Ibis