“Just manageable..”

Was at Ibis for 3 days:

The positives:
- Comfortable/clean rooms
- Functional size of room/toilet
- Water/Juice vending machine on every floor
- Decent breakfast
- Great location
- Friendly front desk staff
- Excellent air conditioning
- No issues on hot running water

The negatives:
- Early check in was charged @ 50% the room rate with no breakfast!! Paid separately for this with a 20% discount
- I was specific on a double room at the time of booking and got a twin room as there was no availability
- No facility for moving the baggage to/from the room at the time of check in/out. I went down to just outside the exit door, rolled a trolley to the room, put the bags and rolled it all the way down (if you are on a shopping spree in Dubai this can be real difficult)
- Almost the same dishes for breakfast everyday
- Shower cubicle is too small, all the water flows out
- 15 minute gurantee (a initiative wherein any problem is handled in 15 mins or the room is complimentary) is a farce, no one picked up my repeated calls on 2 consecutive days
- Lobby is full of guests waiting for their check in time
- A few good english channels on TV did not have audio
- Reception refused to give a check out bill as I had booked through a website (3rd party according to them), this was a first time I heard this!
- No basic stationary on the desk
- No waste bin in the room
- Pathetic sound proofing, I was in room 277 and I could hear everything from the next room
(I am sure they too heard me). I don't think the walls are solid, they are more like partitions.
- Limited room service menu
- Restaurant is not big enough for all guests during breakfast, I had to share a table with other guests which was a bit awkward

Overall Ibis is a value proposition only for a business traveler that too for a few days only. Definitely not suited for family etc. The central location opp the city center mall is a great advantage.

1 Thank indrajitkalidasan
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, May 23, 2012

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

2nd visit to this Ibis as it does what it says on the tin, great value, excellent location opposite the "deira city centre" shopping centre, metro station is a 2 min walk away and taxi's were available outside every time we went outside. The breakfast buffet was a nice start to the day, not the greatest breakfast you will ever have but included in the room rate and has a nice varied selection. The rooms are quite small but perfectly suited for those who are planning to make the most of dubai and not stay in their hotel. Bathroom was clean and everything worked well. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels provided. My only negative would be regards the WIFI price, but that seems to be the norm now in most hotels. All the staff were very pleasant, from reception (helped us book a driver for the day and no waiting around to use the safety deposit boxes) to the cleaners being well presented and smiley.
To conclude we went here for business/holiday, you should go here if you want great value for money on a budget, if your looking for luxury and more in-house restuarants/bars dig a little deeper into your pocket!

2 Thank Sam B
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Dubai City Center.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Ibis.

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Everything was good except the shower did not have warm water.The shower glass is not big enough which makes it all wet

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Dubai City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on 17-19 April 2012 as a stopover on an Emirates flight from Sydney to Paris. It's less than 10 minutes by taxi from the airport, and the Deira City Mall is right across the road (with a metro station next to the mall). This mall has a large food court, a supermarket, specialist and luxury shops and everything we wanted; there is no need to visit the other malls unless you are a really dedicated shopper.
We had a booking and arrived at 0700 knowing that the check-in time is 1400, so we just left our bags there and went for a walk. The reception staff found us a room at 1100 and we were very appreciate for this.
The hotel is very clean, the free wifi worked well and the breakfast was very good (except that there was no bacon; some other hotels in Dubai do serve bacon).
The room was clean and comfortable with a flat screen TV and dozens of channels in many foreign languages; the bathroom was a bit small but quite adequate with good hot water.
The staff were friendly ands helpful, and we were impressed that they conducted a fire evacuation drill while we were there. The hotel taxi to the airport was better and cheaper than the airport taxi.
Some previous reviewers have said it was difficult to cross the busy road outside to the Deira City Mall. I don't know how they could have found this difficult, as there are traffic lights in both directions and I had plenty of time to cross the road with my walking stick.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stickman1
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I spent a total of around eight hours here and left very early in the morning. My room was small, the bathroom very small. My window looked out into the rear of the hotel. Wifi is free in reception and only a lan connection is available in the room, plus they charge 25 dirhams an hour. As it's on Rigga road there are lots of nearby restaurants and getting a taxi, even in the middle of the night, is easy. It's cheap and you get what you pay for. But, having said that, there is nothing terribly wrong with this place.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up. Good Lebanese restaurants are just up the street.