“Flora Creek personal experience.”

Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments
Ranked #77 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
“Flora Creek personal experience.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed in many hotels before but for me this hotel has been the best hotel for me and my family.From the moment we arrived til the moment we depart,the service provided coupled with the sincerity of all the staff have been excellent.Really looking forward to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor Community.

I am delighted that you and your family had a great stay with us and I am proud to read that you have described our staff member’s service delivery as personalized and sincere.

I will be sure to congratulate the team personally and I look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future.

Cluster Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We recently stayed for two months in room no.1114 at the Flora Creek.i would like to recommend this place for families and all types of travellers to Dubai who are looking for great location,perfect hospitality and great food. Daisy,Sandeep,Poonam,Nisha,Prathamesh,Kalpesh,Jagat,Abishek,Nishantha
Chefs Ganesh,Kannan,Azahruddin made us feel at home and were very warm and pleasant always.
My husband Jai Raj Batra joins me in complementing the entire team and management of Flora Creek for a very professionally managed group. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and families.

Room Tip: Not sure of other rooms, but our room 1114 was very good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your very positive feedback on TripAdvisor, following your stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.

I am very happy that you had a great stay with us, that you found our location to be convenient, our food quality to be good and I am proud to read your compliments for our staff members with a special mention for Daisy, Sandeep, Poonam, Nisha, Prathamesh, Kalpesh, Jagat, Abishek, Nishantha, Chef Ganesh, Chef Kannan & Chef Azahruddin. I will sure to congratulate everyone mentioned and the rest of the team personally for a job well done.

Thank you once again for you excellent recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I live in dxb and have hosted many people over the years. This is my first time using Flora Creek. I loved the professionalism of the staff and the attention to customer service, from the time we walked in. They were extremely accommodating. If there was a question thoughtout our stay they were helpful, including when we had multiple problems with our keys. The apartment Is spacious and homey. Loved the free wifi, generous free water and 24 hour room service.

The downside was the access to taxis, there didn't seem to be much of a system. I had to go to the back of the hotel, with my infant to hail a taxi. A gentleman from the hotel stood with me, but it was still difficult to get a taxi. The maid's quarters is a great touch. It did have a persistent odor, which was offensive to my nanny and everyone else. The living room furniture and balcony were very dusty. Everyone who sat one them, started sneezing. The balcony keys and setting were upon request and required us to sign a waiver. This was awkward and inconvenient. The cleanliness of the room was questionable as well. It always concerns me when someone comes to clean and doesn't have a bucket nor uses fresh water.

I liked them, but given more time to research I may go with another hotel in the future, that has better reviews in terms of cleanliness and closer to Mall of the Emirates area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you feedback with the TripAdvisor Community.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service and product you experienced and I will respond to these point by point.

1. I will make no excuse for the lapses in housekeeping standards; I have already given your feedback to our Housekeeping Leader who has been tasked in conducting the required refresher training with the floor staff members as well as review the balcony cleaning schedule. I am pleased however to share with you that we are already in the process of replacing the living room furniture and we have had some great feedback from our guests already.

2. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused in regards to the balcony keys procedure, but we are a family oriented hotel and our aim is to ensure the safety and security of our guests and their families.

3. In regards to taxis I must admit that at peak hours the demand for taxis is quite high and it is easier to try and catch a taxi at the rear side of our hotel. I would also like to share with you that there is a taxi service available in Dubai which allows for a taxi to be pre-order at an extra charge of AED 10 and we can offer assistance with this service with the consent of our guests.
On the positive side I am delighted that you found your apartment to be spacious and I have noted your positive comment about the maid’s room. You also mentioned that you loved the inclusive WIFI connection, the generous supply of complimentary water and the 24 hour rooms service.

I am very proud to read your wonderful description of our staff member’s professionalism and I will be sure to share you compliments with the team personally.

Finally I would like to thank you for sharing with me your most objective feedback, giving us the opportunity to make the necessary improvements and I can assure you that this is not the normal level of service and product that we are known for, as reflected by the mostly positive comments we receive through TripAdvisor and other online channels.

I do hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to restore your full confidence in our hotel and I hope to welcome you back for another stay with us.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My relatives and I enjoyed the location and surrounding amenities, but the sofas and chairs in the livingroom area were soiled. A temporary solution was sheets as covers, but the sofas and chairs needed serious attention. I asked for steam cleaning, but this was never performed.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the creek side give you a view of the Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juanita C
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in product you experienced and I am very pleased to tell you that we are already in the process of replacing the furniture in all our apartments.

It is of course our duty to make sure that our furniture cleanliness is maintained and I have already spoken with our leader in Housekeeping, who is reviewing our cleaning schedule in order to ensure that shortfalls such as the one you have highlighted do not occur in the future.

I am happy that you enjoyed the location and surrounding amenities, we take your comments very seriously and I can assure you that this is not our usual level of product and service delivery as highlighted by the majority of positive comments we receive through online channels.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and if there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed there for a holiday weekend and thought it would become a pleasant stay at this Indian driven hotel as we read all the good reviews from before.
Firstly we hardly could get to the hotel as the entrance is very hidden in some of the backyard roads. when you plan to come with your own car you definitely should have a good look on the map before arriving, otherwise you will be lost for 30 min not knowing how to reach the hotel.

Secondly we waited 45 min for a not prepared hotelroom in the lobby. when we finally got the room there was bad smell, so we had to change. the alternative room was a so called upgradet room with seaview (which is less good as the noisy street goes directly in front of your balcony). The balcony was dirty, the door could not be opened.

Not one of those days we could shower with warm water- only cold water - even with heater switched on.

The couch and chairs were with some stains and the room impression was poor.

The receptionist was very rude and not welcoming at all- no "thank you" or "please". just -"wait 5 min.."which became 45 min at the end- after we decided to leave , the manager begged us to stay and gave us a voucher for a complimentary buffet.

When checking out, again difficulties and with getting paid back the advanced money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DR M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback following your stay at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in product and service you have highlighted and I would like to take the opportunity and to respond to the points you have made.

1. I am sorry to read that you found our location to be difficult to find, but I would like to mention that our hotel team is available 24 hours for our guests who require assistance with directions.

2. I have noted that you had to wait for 45 minutes before we could check you into your apartment. I have seen that you checked in at 14.05 hours which is 5 minutes later than our declared check-in time of 14.00 hrs and the hotel industry standard. I apologize for this delay and I would also like to mention that we always try to check-in our guests as early as possible, even before 14.00 hrs if an apartment is available.

3. I also understand that since the first apartment we had assigned to you was not up to standard, we then proceed to show you a second option, after which my Front Office Manager had extend to you complimentary lunch as an apology for the inconvenience caused.

4. I will make no excuses for the shortfalls in Housekeeping Service and your feedback has been highlighted to our Housekeeping Leader, who is already conducting the required refresher training with the floor staff members involved.

5. In regards to the balcony I would like to inform you that in order to ensure the safety and security of our guests and their families we keep the balcony closed and we open them upon request from our guests. I am sorry if this information was not communicated well to you.

6. I am pleased to tell you that we are already in the process of replacing the furniture in the apartment living rooms and we are aiming to start the refurbishment of all the apartments in the first half of 2014.

7. I am very concerned that you felt our receptionist was very rude and I would appreciate it if you could share with me some further details regarding this matter. I can be reached at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com

8. I would also like to apologize for the lack of hot water and I wanted to confirm if you reported this matter to the team, in order to give us the opportunity to address this for you while you were still at the hotel. Once again I can be reached at the above email address.

9. In regards to check-out I believe the delay was caused by our team’s confirmation of any incidental charges and once this was confirmed the deposit was released. Once again I am sorry if this took too long.

It is always disappointing when a guest leaves the hotel dissatisfied and although there was an attempt to make a service recovery from the team it is obvious that we were not able to achieve this for you.

I can assure you that this is not the normal level of service that we are known for, as reflected by the mostly positive comments we receive through TripAdvisor and other online channels.

I would like to thank you for highlighting these shortfalls with me, giving us the opportunity to make the necessary improvements and I do hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

If there is anything that I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I do hope to welcome you back for another stay with us.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

4 night stay. Upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. So lots of space, separate loo and washing machine room.
Pros:
big bed, two types of pillow, really comfortable. lots of wardrobe space, safe worked. free wifi, which worked pretty well. All the staff are really friendly and helpful. the young lady at breakfast remembered my name and room number despite breakfast being quite busy. 28 AED for a double espresso but it was good. free shuttle to and from the airport which is only 10 mins away.

Cons:
only had two towels all week, no hand towels, had a bath mat one day but not the rest. hot water takes ages to come through and water pressure not that good. have to get out of bed to turn the bedside light on, if you can find the small switch. only one power socket in the entire room so could only charge one thing at a time, and that was in the far corner of the room (so annoying that these things aren't considered. food at breakfast wasn't that good. my room overlook the 'creek' which is currently a huge building site with an 8 lane highway in-between. road very noisy all day and night, would ask for a room on the other side of the hotel next time. quite a way from downtown. you might be able to get there on the metro which is 5 mins away but I didn't check. kitchen had virtually no utensils.

I am sure I could have changed rooms and possibly fixed some of the annoying issues but I was out working 16 hours a day and couldn't be bothered when I got back.

Room Tip: take a room on the opposite side from The Creek
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you detailed and objective feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service and product standards and will use this opportunity to respond to the comments you have made.

1. In regards to the towels I agree with you completely and I am delighted to share with you that we are in the final stages of securing a brand new luxury towel product selection for all our apartments.

2. In additional we are also working on a proposal to increase the water pressure throughout our hotel.

3. In relation to socket availability I would like to note that we do have additional extensions available upon request to assist with our guest’s convenience.

4. I have already given your feedback to our Executive Chef in regards to the breakfast and we take your comments very seriously. I would appreciate any specific feedback you may have regarding the breakfast food quality and I can be reached at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com

5. We are also in the process of conducting a full inventory check of kitchen equipment in order to ensure that there are no gaps in the itinerary we provide to our guests.

6. I am sorry that due to your busy schedule you did not have a chance to speak to the team in order to rectify the problems you encountered as we would have done everything possible to make your stay more comfortable. We have however noted your comments in your profile in order to proactively address these during a future stay.

On the positive side I am happy that you found our recently installed luxury bedding package to be comfortable, our wardrobes to have ample space, our WIFI to be working very well and I have noted your comment regarding the convenience of our airport shuttle.

I am proud to read that you have mentioned that our staff members were friendly and helpful, with a special note for the young lady at breakfast who extended the expected personalized service we aim to deliver for all our valued guests.

Finally I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback, giving us the opportunity to address the shortfalls you have highlighted, I can assure you that this is not our normal level of service and product delivery as highlighted by the mostly positive comments we receive through TripAdvisor and other online channels and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to restore your full confidence in our hotel.

If there is anything I can assist you with in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for a problem free stay.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Very friendly management room lacks warmth,and kitchen has not got adequate cooking.untensils,some items not working. The pool area is not very inviting to say the lest. Over all a disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Unable to commit as all have view of building site
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise G
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I would like to sincerely apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel.

I would also like to take this opportunity and to respond to the points you have made.

Firstly I am delighted to share with you that we will be commencing shortly the refurbishment of all our apartments, we are very pleased with the design and overall ambiance proposal and we are confident that our guests will appreciate the refreshed and upgraded decor and facilities.
We are also in the process of reviewing our selection of cooking utensils and we aim to make the necessary upgrade as soon as we have agreed the final proposal.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know you name and apartment number, as well as the items that were not working so that I can investigate the matter accordingly. I can be reached at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com and I would also appreciate it if you could let me know if you reported these matters to our team in order for us to resolve the shortfalls while you were still at the hotel.

Regarding our pool area I am also pleased to share with you that we are procuring the services of a landscaping company who we will task with further improving the overall ambiance of our swimming pool area.

On the positive note I am happy to read that you found the management of the hotel to be friendly and I can assure you that this is not our normal standard of service and product delivery, as confirmed by the mostly positive comments we receive though TripAdvisor and other online channels.

I thank you once again for sharing you feedback and giving us the opportunity to make the necessary improvements and I do hope you will give us another chance to restore you confidence in our hotel.

If there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.