“A very nice hotel”

Ranked #94 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Neat hotel and cheerful staff. centrally located, lobby very good, concierge very professional . However cleaning of room and changing of towels was not regular. I would still lodge there if I have another opportunity.

Room Tip: Less noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Okubo2014
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you had overall a good stay and that you have describes Flora Creek Hotel Apartments as “A very nice hotel”.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused in relation to the cleaning of the apartment and changing of the towels and have already spoken with my Housekeeping Leader who will ensure that the necessary refresher training has taken place.

I am delighted that you have described our staff as “cheerful”, our hotel as centrally located and the concierge very p[professional. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the teams personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Dubai.

Cluster Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Booked for 5 adults to spend NYE in Duabi - last minute and a little concerned that this hotel had spaces. No need to worry...greeted by very friendly staff, drinks on arrival and ample free parking...staff more than happy to carry nags to and from rooms, lifts operated by hotel staff. Apartment on 9th floor, spacious rooms and all en suite, 5th adult stayed in maids room, which had toilet and shower. Comfy sitting and dining areas. Free wifi for 4 phones/ipads etc. On the down side, rooms very cold and no extra bedding. Lack of towels and not great quality. All access doors to balconies locked - have to ask at reception apparently, but our room phone didn't work! We ate at the Irish Village - plenty of choice at reasonable costs - taxi ride about AED 10 - 15, so very reasonable and easy to get taxi from rear of apartments. Sleep quality good (thought it might be noisy, but wasn't). Well equipped kitchen, although no washing up liquid etc, but as we only stayed one night, put everything in dishwasher and informed hotel staff who said it was no problem as they would clean it all up! Overall , very reasonable cost for an apartment on NYE in Dubai (Deira City), great view of the Burj Khalifa from covered hotel roof viewing area (fireworks disappointing, all money spent on Palm - not hotel's fault!) and cheap taxi rides to Dubai Creek area for good food, drink and atmosphere. Just what we needed :)

Room Tip: If going for a view try to get a room higher up at the front of the hotel, great views out over Duba...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very detailed and constructive feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the areas where we did not meet your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity and to respond point by point.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the cold room and no extra bedding and we are already looking into taking the necessary actions moving forward in order to avoid this issue from occurring in the future.

Being a very family friendly oriented hotel our balconies are locked in order to ensure the safety and security of our guests, however we do open them upon request from guests.

I would also like to mention that washing up liquid is available upon request and I am sorry of we did not communicate this information clearly to you.

In regards to towels we agree with your comment, and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we are in the process of procuring a brand new luxury towel package for all our apartments, in line with our brand new bedding package, which I am pleased to see you have noted by saying that you had “really good sleep quality”.

I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy the Birj Khalifa fireworks display and although many people have given us positive comments in regards to this event, you are right in saying that a big part was focused on the Palm which is quite far from Deira and it is because of the distance we ensured that we did not advertise the Palm display as part of our offering.

I am not sure if you had the opportunity to report the faulty phone during your stay so that the team could rectify the problem, but I would appreciate it if you could confirm your name and room number with me at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com and I will investigate the matter further.

On the positive I am very glad that you had an overall good stay, finding our apartments to have spacious rooms, a well equipped kitchen, convenient location giving you an opportunity to explore Dubai freely and thank you for mentioning that you found us to be of good value for money.

I was exceptionally delighted to read your comments about the friendly and responsive staff throughout the hotel. Our team is an integral part of our ambitious goals for the future and I will be sure to share you feedback personally.

I thank you once again for your valuable and constructive feedback giving us the opportunity to make the necessary improvements and at the same time objectively giving us a great boost of confidence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed December 30, 2013

nice cosy place with most of the things accessible to you.. city centre is just 10min walk away with the metro just 5min.. big nice room attached with the kitchen n the best thing is the laundry, all the staff is super friendly but had bad experience with the check-in staff being not very helpful ie; need to ask 4 times same question diff day and nvr get back to me.. Manoj Tahelani of the rayna tours at the travel desk is really nice as i've booked 3 tours with him.. really helpful and willing to help anytime of the day! kudos to him.. altho some of the tour had a few glitch here n there but overall still very good value.. overall feedbacks- one of the nicest place in dubai with almost everything ard the area and good value for money!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with the TripAdvisor Community.

Firstly please accept my apologies for your experience with the reception staff and having to chase up for the requested information several times, I will make any excuses and we take full responsibility for any inconvenience caused. I am grateful that you have brought this matter to my Front Office Manager’s attention and I can confirm that we are already undergoing the process of ownership and follow through training with our teams.

I am pleased that overall you had a good stay with us, mentioning that you found the environment to be “cozy”, the location and laundry to be convenient, the apartment and kitchen to be “big & nice”, and overall describing your stay as “good value for money”.

In addition I was very proud to read that you found our staff to be “super friendly” and you have specifically mentioned Manoj whom I will be sure to congratulate personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Dubai.

North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Exceptional value,which in our experience is 5*. Check in staff all VERY professional ,welcoming and friendly.We stayed 2/12 to 12,12.13 @ average of $US165 pd,no breakfast.i BEDROOM APARTMENT WITH BALCONY & KITCHEN,2 TOILETS.vERY SPACIOUS,CLEAN.

All staff were incredibly attentive,friendly a d healpful.Room service menu more than adequate AND always DELIVERED WITHIN 30MINS MAX! Call room service for a bucket of ice..its there in 2 minutes.Call for an extra blanket,loo paper,advice on tv..they are there in no time.

Taxis,tours etc all very easy arranged. Reception usally well staffed,with immeadiate attention or little waiting time.All this and one of the best positions/locations in Dubai.Close to airport,the fantastic City Center Mall oppisite and metro right outside. Computor/printer always available

We cannot fault..its 5* at a 3* price with wonderful staff,good basic food selection and the three golden words of real estate....position,position,position!!

A big congrats to all management and ALL staff.

TERENCE M - CONSUL GENERAL -NORTH SYDNEY -AUSTRALIA

Room Tip: try for a 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen,bathroom,2 toilets and balcony.All have a good outlook .1...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our vision is to achieve Pure Value, Pure Quality and Pure Service for all our guests and at all times and it is very encouraging to receive your review stating that you feel we are “Outstanding” & “The Best Value in the UAE”.

I have noted your comments regarding the “Spacious and Clean” Apartments, our fantastic location and our “Good” food selection.

I am very proud to read you kind words and praise for our staff and the service which they provided. You mentioned our teams were “Professional, “Welcoming”, “Attentive”, “Friendly” & “Helpful”. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to them personally.

Thank you once again for this most appreciated boost of confidence and we hope to welcome you back soon to Dubai.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The location and the bedroom in general were great: furniture was good, the kitchen was furnished with everything you may need in a short stay, pool was open most of time, the parking lot was free...
But there were some issues that were shocking: no alcohol (and pretty disapproving faces when asking for it) and what is worst, super expensive internet fees (1000 AED for one month conection, for only ONE laptop or tablet), considering it is free in most of hotels.
They say no unmarried couples are allowed because they are messy, and then you can find the most noisy children in Dubai there.
I know Dubai is islamic, but come on, it is not Sharjah. They should clearly state that the hotel is way more islamic than any other one I have been to in Dubai

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting all your expectations following your recent visit to Dubai.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused in relation to the point you mentioned regarding visitor accessibility, but I must take this opportunity and explain that our guest’s safety and security is a top priority for our team and we reserve the right to allow or restrict access to guest apartments and guest floors, to visitors who have not registered upon check in. This is in line with our commitment to ensuring the protection and well being of all our valued guests and their families. Please do not hesitate to contact me at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com if there is any further information that you feel is important to share with me in relation to how the above information was communicated to you by my team.

In regards to the internet charges, after having investigated the details of your reservation, I can see that you booked through a travel agent and the rate that they reserved for you was not inclusive of internet. I would like to take this opportunity and to confirm that we always communicate all rate terms and conditions very clearly, including all other additional prices and I am sorry if there was any confusion caused in this case.

I can further see that as a valued, long staying guest of our hotel, we extended to you a gesture of goodwill in the form of what we felt was a very reasonable discount on the total internet charges, but I am sorry to read that this did not meet with your expectation.

I do hope that in the future you will consider giving us a chance to restore your confidence in our hotel product and services and I would like to note that we have a variety of different rate options, among which are internet inclusive packages, so please do not hesitate to contact us at creekreservation@florahospitality.com and our reservations team will be more than happy to explore with you all the available options.

Finally thank you for mentioning the convenience of our location, the “great bedroom”, free car parking, easily accessible pool and fully furnished kitchen.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2013

creek view was misleading, our room looked out onto a very busy and noisy road, three lines of motorway, and then a construction site, you could only see a brief glimpse of the creek. We booked on booking.com, this mean that we paid for the hotel once we were there, we were made to pay at the hotels ridiculous exchange rate (4.5) while the actual exchange rate was 5.9, so we paid considerably more than expected. the swimming pool claimed to be outdoor but it was completely covered and did not have any sun. overall the food was good and the rooms were clean.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paula s
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am sorry that we were not been able to meet all your expectations during your stay at our hotel.

We operate in a very dynamic city and it is great to see the continued development, however this does affect the landscape with much construction affecting almost every part of Dubai.
In relation to the view of our apartments I am sorry if it didn’t meet with your expectations, all our Creek Apartments face Dubai Creek so we feel that our description is in line with what we offer. I do hope you had a chance to enjoy the breathtaking Burj Khalifa Skyline visible from all our Creek facing apartments.

In regards to the Currency Exchange I can confirm that we are in line with the market place and we disclose our rates transparently to all our guests and at all times. I would however appreciate it if you could forward me the details of your stay (your name and apartment number) at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com and I will review and revert back to you with a full breakdown of the charges that made up your final bill.

I am sorry if there was some confusion in regards to our swimming pool, but I would like to take the opportunity to mention that on Booking.com we have stated “indoor swimming pool” as the description of our facilities.

Finally I would like to thank you for your objectivity and for mentioning that the food was good and the rooms were clean.

We do hope that we will be able to restore you confidence in our product and I for future bookings please do not hesitate to contact us at creekreservation@florahospitality.com , and our reservation agents will be more than happy to give you all the available options and to help ensure that we match your expectations with the facilities provided.

Makurdi, Nigeria
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Flora Creek Deluxe Apartments...is really a place to stay away from home. Having a view of the creek each morning i wake up,the serenity of the hotel,the warm n affable staff...receptionists,the guides,cleaners n everybody,the well furnished rooms i've stayed the two times i've been to Dubai all made my stay a memorable one. I owe you more stays to come Flora Creek. Keep it up!

Room Tip: How about having a view of the creek & down town Dubai from your room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your visit to Dubai.

It was great to read that we met and exceeded your expectation in all aspects including the view, the feeling of a “home away from home”, the feeling of security, the well furnished apartments and I am especial proud to note that you have mentioned our staff members as being “warm” and “affable”. Our staff is at the forefront of our goal to achieve consistent service excellence and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them personally.

Thank you once again for you kind words of encouragement and we will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.