“Very disappointing”

Reflets Par Pierre Gagnaire
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For world-class dining at its finest, Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire delivers a truly magical, kaleidoscopic experience that will take you on a culinary journey of discovery. Headed up by the renowned three-Michelin star chef Pierre Gagnaire, Reflets presents sensational French menus and gastronomic creations that intrigue and play with the senses. Sink into the plush pink damask chairs, surrounded by artistic Murano glass chandeliers and mother-of-pearl adorned walls, while you fully indulge in its private and romantic waterfront setting and enjoy the tastes of its specialist wine cellar, recommended by Reflets' own resident sommelier.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went with my wife and did so on the basis of the reviews the restaurant has. However, I was totally underwhelmed. The service was good, as one would expect, but the food was variable and the pairing with the wine was not good. We had the paired tasting menu. I don't know what was going on but we were given two glasses of port which were totally inappropriate. I am not a fussy eater either. The food was not up to the mark of other high end restaurants I have tried. There is a poor correlation between quality of the food and the price. There was imply no wow factor. The meal, including a bottle of champagne, was around the £350ish per head mark. A lot of money for a disappointing experience. Felt a little ripped off.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having heard rave reviews from several friends we decided to visit for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
We found the welcome on arrival friendly but after that the service went downhill. The sommelier was incredibly snooty. Having ordered a bottle of wine costing over 600dhs (approx110gbp) which is expensive even for Dubai standards we were told it wasn't available so the sommelier recommended an alternative costing twice the price and was very snooty when we opted for a cheaper wine!
The food was disappointing, the concept was one ingredient eg scallops but cooked in three different ways. I disliked and left one of the three dishes served for both my starter and main course (and I am by no means a fussy eater) but the waiters showed no interest in finding out why.
Service was slow despite there being only 4/5 tables occupied and it took 20 minutes for the bill to arrive.
Overall it was a disppointing and very overpriced meal. For fine didning there are much better restaurants in Dubai such as Table 9 by Nick & Scott or Rhodes Mezzanine.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I can see why this establishment is voted so highly. The whole culinary journey was a great experience. With the small restaurant capacity, personalized service, well trained staff and the almost faultless menu offerings, this is up there with some of the international greats on the restaurant scene. However, the prices are not cheap, so save this for a special occasion as you won't be able to afford to dine here on a weekly basis!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We've been to Reflects twice now (the second time because Pierre Gagnaire was cooking during that weekend) We also went back the second time on the hopes that we were wrong first time round. The food is very good, but it just doesn't have that something to justify the prices paid and to warrant a Michelin star. The food portions are enormous, and while it was tasty there was far too much for a normal person. Which means that by the time your main course comes you're not hungry and the service just isn't quite there. It's not as slick as a Michelin star restaurant
I've marked this really harshly bearing in mind the quality of his restaurants in London and Paris where I've eaten and this just doesn't match the other.
Price-wise aswell, I'm more than happy to pay for a good night out, but this meal cost more than our dinner at The French Laundry.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was by far the best restaurant I have been to in Dubai!
I had heard so much about this restaurant and read some very positive reviews about it so I thought that why not give it a try. Especially since it was the last night for my parents here when visiting me, I thought this will be a nice end of a good weekend with them. The expectations were high and most of the times when they are too high, I have gotten dissapointed. This was the exact opposite. I was really impressed with the presentation of the dishes. Also the wine pairing with the dishes were great. Two of us took the April set menu, while the third one chose from the a la carte a menu a couple of dishes. We were all very satisfied with the dining experience and this is deifnitely a place to recommend to everyone who is seeking for a good dining experience and appreciate good food.

One things that annoys me a bit is that all the fine dining restaurants use a lot of salt. Sometimes a bit too much. It was a perfect evening and food that I will never forget. The service in the restaurants in Dubai is not very good what I have noticed in many places, but this was definitely living up to the good European standars. The waiters and sommeliere were very professional and in many restaurants you can see like 30 waiters and only 4-5 tables with guests and still doing a bad job. Here it was the oppposite. You can tell they have got good training and they were very efficient.

I will be back again some day!