“Honestly?”

Reflets Par Pierre Gagnaire
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For world-class dining at its finest, Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire delivers a truly magical, kaleidoscopic experience that will take you on a culinary journey of discovery. Headed up by the renowned three-Michelin star chef Pierre Gagnaire, Reflets presents sensational French menus and gastronomic creations that intrigue and play with the senses. Sink into the plush pink damask chairs, surrounded by artistic Murano glass chandeliers and mother-of-pearl adorned walls, while you fully indulge in its private and romantic waterfront setting and enjoy the tastes of its specialist wine cellar, recommended by Reflets' own resident sommelier.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband was so excited about this surprise dinner that he had booked for us and we spent the entire weekend waiting in anticipation. There was a warm greeting when we arrived, but to be honest the mood and atmosphere after that was quite pretentious. Some of the head waiters even made us feel uncomfortable being there...

We ordered a starter and main course each and they came in very nicely decorated plates - usually a combination of 3 to 4 dishes per course. I had the scallops from the regular menu which came in three dishes and only one of them was seriously delicious with a very playful taste. My main also consisted of three plates, one of which was very good (potato with pickled radish topped with caviar) while the fillet de bouef was actually served cold. I didn't want to make a fuss so as not to upset my husband because of all the effort (and money!!) he was putting into this special evening. I later found out that my husband's lamb turned out to be chewy and fatty...

Dessert was the best part of the meal, and they bring an amuse bouche just before serving dessert which was also yummy.

There was a good variety of wine but as expected is quite marked up. We did manage to find a decently priced bottle that we thoroughly enjoyed but I don't think we impressed the head waiters with our choice!

The interiors, plates and table cloth all have very good finish and all the staff are very well groomed and knowledgeable about the contents of each dish. The mood and lighting is quite romantic. I couldn't tell what the external views were as the curtains were more than half way down.

All in all, we had expected more of a gastronomical journey given the Michelin star, reviews, presentation and price. I think they do try to give you the 5 star experience by providing high end service and several well-thought-of amuse bouche throughout the meal and a digestif as you leave - so absolutely no worries about leaving full!

As we left the restaurant my husband said: "Maybe it would have been better if I had bought you a present instead!"

2  Thank kohkarma

Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was a unique experience. Wonderful treatment, unique menu. Everything was excellent. The price is in a higher category, but still relatively cheap for the quality you get here!! Food-artists.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

‘C'est si bon’, lovers say that in France when they thrill to romance It means that it's so good! Yes, Reflets by Pierre Gagnaire is never a disappointment and as time passes, just like a good wine his chef Olivier Biles improves and matures… Surprising, original, creative, the ‘Menu de la Saint Valentin’ was smashing!!! I was stunned by the ‘Cockles velouté with water cress, lichette of pata negra’, blown away by the ‘Scallops from Normandie in a suc of Calvados cider, lichette of farmhouse camembert cheese’ and bewildered by the ‘Filet and pascaline of veal Demi-Deuil’ generously accompanied with some grated Black Truffle! I am not that much of a fan of deserts in general especially after a hearty meal but the ‘Brittany sable with wild strawberries’ closed the party very lightly and elegantly! As for the wine pairing there was no ‘faux pas’ and I was thrilled to discover a fresh Roussane, Cuilleron 2010 as well as a powerful Californian Pinot noir 2006 (Morgan “Twelves Clones”). Voila!!! On top of that flawless culinary experience, the service was impeccable!!! ‘Chapeau Bas’ to whole Team for the show and thank you so much to Olivier and Hugo you guys really rock!!! C’est si bon la Vie en Rose!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Been to Pierre gagnaire on Valentine with anticipation of a gastronomic trip that would match experiences like Alan du cas or micheal roux, but I can only say in michelan terms this is a one star place with a three michelan star prices, there is a clear desire to experiment with tastes and ingredients but not all dishes are exquisite, if this was a normal restaurant, I would have given it a 5 start, but for chef like Pierre I would expect a surprise to my taste buds and senses.

Just to put things clear, my critique comes due to three things, one most of the dishes are complex and its left to the junior staff who are from Asia to explain to you the dishes with ill pronounced English " you are left to guess", second, the price point is equal to Alan du cas in Paris !!

Finally, the dishes are not all superb, as matter of fact I would rate only two as great.

This is a place to visit once, but not to repeat.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

What can I say ... impressive is an under statement. The dishes are not only a delight for the eye, yet every bite you take explodes different senses of taste in you ..

I visited the restaurent last night and did opt for the Grande Menu ... after reading through the menu card to make life easier for myself. Little did I know ... every plate was a highlight on its own.

Great place to celebrate a special occasion, to apologize for a mistake ... or simply to dazzle your tasting senses :)

It would be my global favorite if they could only dim the lights just a tiny bit :)))