“Dinner for 4”

Reflets Par Pierre Gagnaire
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For world-class dining at its finest, Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire delivers a truly magical, kaleidoscopic experience that will take you on a culinary journey of discovery. Headed up by the renowned three-Michelin star chef Pierre Gagnaire, Reflets presents sensational French menus and gastronomic creations that intrigue and play with the senses. Sink into the plush pink damask chairs, surrounded by artistic Murano glass chandeliers and mother-of-pearl adorned walls, while you fully indulge in its private and romantic waterfront setting and enjoy the tastes of its specialist wine cellar, recommended by Reflets' own resident sommelier.
“Dinner for 4”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Dinner with friends. Very high quality and 'class' service and food and a fine dining experience with a surprising menu to titilate the taste buds !! Very expensive but a gastronomic delight !! The turbot was delicious. The tasty and beautiful butter from the fine ville de St Malo took us back home. My only problem is the extortionate amont of money paid for some quite ordinary French wines...why are they so expensive? All in all a sophisticated dinner and evening to be enjoyed. Will be saving up to return one of these days! Try it.

1 Thank PiratesofStMalo

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“absolutely the best!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went to Reflets for my birthday with my family on very high expectations, after reading many outstanding reviews. It absolutely lived up to expectations!! Atmosphere is very subdued, unobtrusive yet very attentive waiters. The French maitre de' was very helpful (and not intimidating or condescending as they sometimes tend to come across). Exceptional suggestions for wine selection by the sommelier. Subtle interior design touches, such as having huge mirrors on the walls but seating positioned such that you don't see yourself chewing.
The food...!!! Around only ten items on the menu, we intentionally ordered different items, so covered almost everything on offer, and each dish was an exploration and unique delight. I'm not a truffle lover, but the truffle risotto was exquisite, my daughter was almost crying when she was finishing it. Each dish was a concoction of unexpected elements that somehow magically worked together.
I ended up paying considerable more than in comparable establishments that I have experienced so far in Dubai, and was totally happy about that.
Three course dinner for four + bottle of wine was around $1300
Highly recommend it - a worthwhile and memorable culinary experience.

1 Thank Khaled_Reda
Doha, Qatar
“The best fine dining French food in Dubai - Oh yes it is!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

OK let me start with the obvious, this place deserves the rave reviews and its place at the top of the charts, this is fine fine fine dining! Now bright pink restaurants don't usually come to mind when I think classy but some how this place just pulls that off, I guess kinda like the Langham hotels pull off their signature pink. You know what I really loved the handbag stool - other restaurants take note! Women carry bags, it's just what we do. Annoying is having to throw it on the ground at our feet, propped on the table etc etc But these guys have the cutest little stool right next to you like a baby chair to handle the handbag, love it! Our waiter told us it's because some ladies come in with bags worth more than a small car, I don't doubt that in Dubai but reassured him my bag was worth about $20, so don't worry! As we still getting seated and settled we were asked if we would like a aperitif, sure no problem, a glass all round, we’ll have the standard, white or rose he asks, rose sounds fab. I didn't really give much more thought than that, glasses came out, he mentioned what it was, gone in 5mins. Menus please? That was probably the biggest dining error I've ever made! Imagine my horror when I got the bill at the end, that 5min swish of rose bubbles was an eye watering 240D for a small flute! (65USD) Holey smokes bat man! Wow really felt stitched up on that one, he could have mentioned it was more expensive than starters or even just mentioned the price (we had not received menus at this stage). My bad I should of checked the price first but you know I’ve travelled through France like 5 times and never has an aperitif been that expensive! Just thought it would be another Kir Royale, Lillet type price. Turns out it was posh Gosset rose, OMG, talk about caught up in the moment, can’t believe I quaffed it! I’ve had Salon champagne and literally nursed it all night so I could really get the nuances and the glass Penfold’s Grange was a 4 hour love affair. That really took the shine off the night, I was so embarrassed when our friends realised the cost. Anyway enough of that let’s get to the good bits! The food and the service was just faultless, from start to finish watching the theatre of service here is AMAZING. Spooky bit they don’t talk, despite 5 or so people managing the table, it really is a well-choreographed silent dance, which is as enchanting as the food. I had the foie gras (195D) which was just fantastic, not just a slab on plate but a thoughtful display that was tasty to the eye. Most of our dishes were in the triple expression style, which I really enjoy, I like different combinations. The third expression was chocolate and foie gras, I didn’t particularly like this preparation as it was a little too sweet for my palette. What was a revelation was the red croquettes which I can only attempt describing as liver lollies, yum yum yum! Oh I wish I could buy those for snacks, you need to seel little bags of these things! I had originally wanted the scallop entrée but alas there was only 1 left and my friend nabbed it, it looked stunning. For main I shared with my husband the 2 person beef rib (780D). We had fond memories of excellent Chateaubriands and dining at the lovely steak restaurants in Paris where the cooking fire is right in the dining room! The steak was shown to us before cooking, how cool is that! Served with potato gratin cooked flat right on the plate (why haven’t I done this at home), béarnaise of course. The other expressions were a braised oxtail and a marrow toast (oh I love marrow). Unfortunately the steak when bought out was sliced and the bone gone. With the steak juices seeping out and pooling we tried to eat quickly and a shame the bone was gone as the little bits beside the bone are most tastiest and a good knife project for a husband. It ended up looking like just a plain old steak not a carnivore’s heaven which was a shame. For me it was also missing salt, I do like a good salty crust/bark on a giant steak. Now what I should have had was the lamb our friends had, they said, hands down it was the best lamb they have had in their lives, which is a big call from Australian’s who were raised on the stuff. For dessert I had the soufflé (90D) which was incredible, hats off to chef. I never cook it at home, preferring the expertise of a chef and this was stunning, thank you. Our friends shared the dessert sampler (105D) and I really recommend it, we tried some bits and pieces and it was interesting and exciting to taste. I should mention there is complimentary pre-dessert dessert and post-dessert dessert which too were devine. Try the digestive on the way out it will really help with all the lovely food just consumed, very delicate! The value for money on the food here is to be commended, you will not go home hungry, this isn’t little dish French food but nor is it Bistro, it’s actually perfect. The craftsmanship from the kitchen on every plate and the service made it a great memorable dinner, my best in Dubai. I will be back for the food! but will skip the aperitif :-)

1 Thank SumoDoha
“The best in dubai”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Reflet is by far the best dining experience i have had in dubai. Excellent service, design, and the food was memorable. We had the white truffle tasting menu--4 amazing dishes all with a generous shaving of white truffles (including dessert). Be prepared to pay exorbitantly for a great evening--i don't think i have ever paid more for dinner for 2.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The service benchmark in Dubai”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is the place to impress. Never been treated so well in a Dubai restaurant. The atmosphere is unmatched, every detail was looked after. The food is good, but not as extraordinary as the professional service by original French waiters. It's a real treat to experience this kind of high-end service and it's ultimately worth the high pricetag. The culinary expertise of Gary Rhodes combined with the service standards of Reflets would make for Dubai's ultimate dining experience.