“Good Hotel to stay with Family”
Review of Oaks Liwa Heights

Oaks Liwa Heights
Ranked #210 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed with my family in Liwa Heights for two days last week and i got a special rate through the website. Its a nice hotel apartment for the family as the rooms are very big and the staffs are soo helpful. I will definetly stay here again as my experience from my time of checkin till checkout was superb.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Junu J

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Oaks Liwa Heights Hotel Apartments is located in the heart of JLT and near to several convenience stores & restaurants, and only a 10 minute walk from the nearest Metro Station.
I must confess to being slightly concerned over the '3 star' rating in an Emirate of 5+ Star Hotels, but I needn't have been! The Apartment was clean, simple, modern and cleverly laid out & presented. I was immediately impressed with how big the 1 bed Apartment actually was! There was enough space to accommodate me and guests in comfort for much longer (than my 8 day stay). I was also impressed with how comfortable the bed and other furnishings were; this may have been one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure to sleep in! The Kitchen was adequately equipped, although you will need to supplement this if you plan to do any serious cooking. For me, this was the best of both worlds - the comfort & flexibility of home and the services & conveniences of a hotel, and all this for a (discounted) rate, lower than most hotels in the region. An excellent choice (in my opinion) for all kinds of traveller!
On the downside, there is no licensed bar in the Hotel and internet access is limited / expensive. However, I brought Duty Free with me and got myself a mobile data package with Du before arriving, so these things were no problem at all.
Whilst you can get good Shisha and Lebanese food downstairs (at Lebanos) there are several other food / delivery menus near Reception, and there is no restriction on getting food from outside the Hotel. Overall, I was very impressed with the Hotel Apartment and would certainly stay here again (and probably will). Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MeanderingMigaloo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good location over looking Marina, close to metro station,nice and spacious room, cofortable bed, great view from room and the balcony friendly reception staff. Good and timely respose to the reqests made for servies.

We were on holidays and enjoyed the stay. Did not use the restaurant and hence no comments.

Little more care should be given to cleanliness especially that of sofa and furniture in the balcony.

Room Tip: Marina view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Unnig
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I lovedinthis hotel / apartment for four months because it was so convenient to work.

The service at this hotel was a bit above average. The restaurant is mediocre at best with breakfast being particularly horrible.

But the housekeeping was the worst I have ever experienced. I complained to the manager and he said it was outsourced. That's a bad excuse for terrible performance. Dirty towels would be removed and not replaced. The floors were always dirty.

And it is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JustRuss
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have been always staying in this location with the 2 bedroom option (4 years) everytime I visit Dubai for long time. Its great furnished apartment with some little adjustments needed.

The watch out for is the downstairs restaurant and its attitude filled Asst. Manager. I had a horrible experience last week and hope they take action on it. My experience was at breakfast time they would only refill food if there is zero left into the pans... well sometimes the heat crunch lots of the food making it unediable! I was actually requested to eat these parts then they will bring fresh pots!!

Also, I they lost my laundry where they outsourced to new person for emergency service to find that I had to call then shop myself and then still did not get the laundry and travelled leaving it behind. Jeff from reception was very helpfull but still not sure if they got it for me till next week I come in.

Dont take the breakfast option or even eat at this Libanos resturant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray S
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Liwa Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Many thanks for leaving feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Liwa Heights. We are pleased that on several occasions you have been impressed with the apartments you have been allocated. We do apologise for the issues you had with the restaurant and also with the laundry. I will pass your feedback onto the Hotel Manager for immediate attention. We look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Beautiful room, good service, great balcony, lovely bed, comfortable, great balcony and skyscraper views, my only complaint, expensive daily charge for internet access in the room. Why do hotels do this?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Shavasti

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Oaks Liwa Heights. We are pleased to hear that you found your apartment to be comfortable and were able to enjoy the views from your balcony. We do hope to welcome you back again soon next time you are visiting Dubai.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Spacious and good located apartment building, with helpful staff.
During my 12 days stays everything from checkin, room cleaning, concierge services to checkout run smoothly. Good (and free) parking options, nice lake and Dubai Marina View, close to Emirates and The Montgomerie golf clubs (10min by car).
Some compliances - we need a visa prior to our visit to UAE. I tried to contact hotel by email and by phone (each day), but no answer or swithching phone calls to "responsible" but missing person. It tooks 2 weeks to send me an answer with absolutely overpriced offer for visa application.
Second (but only small| compliance is about towels - room cleaning service changed them each day, but we receive normal towels only on some days.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends