“Good for the budget traveller / long stays”

Grand Midwest Tower - Media City
Ranked #131 of 295 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Cairo, Egypt
“Good for the budget traveller / long stays”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed a number of times at the Grand Midwest Media city, the important thing to note is that it is a lot more like a serviced building that it is of an hotel, with that in mind and expectations set accordingly you should be ok :)

The Pros:
*1 minute walk from the Dubai Metro station
*shaded parking
*rooms with sea view also look out on Burj Al Arab
*spacious rooms

The cons:
*The food - weather room service or in the restaurant - is quite bad.
*the restaurant overlooks the lobby, during breakfast the entire lobby smells of food.
*the rooms are a bit worn down with white sofas are now a distinctive off white colour.
*need to honk and wait for security to bring over his ID to open the gate for the parking every time.
* no direct elevator access from the parking to the rooms, need to change elevators.

Room Tip: Go for a room on one of the high floors overlooking the sea not Sheikh Zayed Road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheRealKhairy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here in march 13 for 4 days half board, and found this to be a good hotel for what price we paid very good location for the Metro for exploring Dubai , breakfast was ok and we had the lunch option which was ok as we would go out in the morning then come back for 3pm for lunch and then we would go back out exploring in the evening , staff cant do enough for you and room is of good quality , we had a room overlooking the road which did have a constant hum but this didn't bother us and I actually enjoyed watching the traffic , the other side has a view of the Burje Al Arab all in all an excellent trip to Dubai

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last December and it was excellent and that's why I came back to it but this time my room was full of bed bugs and my daughter and me were sick of it and we had to change our room twice since we paid in advance and all what they did is to send our clothes to the laundry.
That was the last time they will see my face in this hotel and you can stay there only if you are ready to carry bed bugs home.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Elhamedi

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Edgy innovative decor with young aspect attracting the younger Hotel goeers. Very nice outside seating, live Music or Disco on offer inside. Great IT connection with iPod docking in room. recommend it for 20-35 year olds particularly. Breakfast area large and airy good for impromptu meetings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had an amazing time on all the excursions. Very professional and helpful. Price were very fair and all the excursions were in a friendly tour guide.

Recommended for the future Grand Midwest Tower guest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is rated as 4 stars hotel, but it should be 3 stars. I enjoyed my stay only because the view I had from my room was luxurious.

Pros:
- View from the room is heavenly, at morning complete sea view with Burg ElArab view, at night colors of Dubai lights are glowing.
- Room size is very wide, clean and very comfortable to live in.
- I had a problem in TV connection and the technical support of the hotel was really helpful and friendly and fixed my issue although it was 12 am.
- Complimentary water bottles.
- Kitchen is fully supplied with all utensils.

Cons:
- No change for bed sheets for my whole stay 10 days, I had the same stains on pillow for my whole stay. Room is being tidy up everyday, but no change for bed/pillows sheet.
- Breakfast is really poor, very limited items plus taste of bakery is really poor and not fresh.
- No cleaning for dishes in the sink for a whole week.
- When I dialed the telephone number they have for "Technical support", a woman replied me that sorry her husband is not available till night!!! Instead, I had to call the reception to send me a technical person.
- Not enough staff at the reception.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 on a work trip for few nights. The rooms are huge. Neat and clean with the sofa sitting and kitchen on the outside and the twin beds in the inside room. More than enough space needed. The TV in the bedroom is flatscreen but seemed small to me.
Bathroom was clean and theres a separate hot water switch which I saw for the first time.
The staff at the reception were helpful and so were the bell boys. Small issue regarding the safe in my room took some time to solve though. Maybe they were tight on staff that day. The staff at the breakfast area seem to be doing their work fine. No smiles or service there. They look busy to get their work done.
The location is right next to the metro which is a 2 min walk and thats a good advantage. This was the main reason to stay here.
I used the fitness centre as well, the equipment was of poor quality and noisy.
Overall we paid 800 Dhs per night and didn’t feel it was good value for money.
Wasn’t disappointed but nothing special here. I’ve stayed at the Park Regis in Dubai before couple of times and at value for money and service it is way ahead (however the location is different).
If you can find something better in media city go for it. Other than the big rooms nothing exciting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business