“Tours in Dubai with Hitesh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Midwest Tower - Media City

Grand Midwest Tower - Media City
Ranked #116 of 280 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Tours in Dubai with Hitesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had an amazing time on all the excursions. Very professional and helpful. Price were very fair and all the excursions were in a friendly tour guide.

Recommended for the future Grand Midwest Tower guest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is rated as 4 stars hotel, but it should be 3 stars. I enjoyed my stay only because the view I had from my room was luxurious.

Pros:
- View from the room is heavenly, at morning complete sea view with Burg ElArab view, at night colors of Dubai lights are glowing.
- Room size is very wide, clean and very comfortable to live in.
- I had a problem in TV connection and the technical support of the hotel was really helpful and friendly and fixed my issue although it was 12 am.
- Complimentary water bottles.
- Kitchen is fully supplied with all utensils.

Cons:
- No change for bed sheets for my whole stay 10 days, I had the same stains on pillow for my whole stay. Room is being tidy up everyday, but no change for bed/pillows sheet.
- Breakfast is really poor, very limited items plus taste of bakery is really poor and not fresh.
- No cleaning for dishes in the sink for a whole week.
- When I dialed the telephone number they have for "Technical support", a woman replied me that sorry her husband is not available till night!!! Instead, I had to call the reception to send me a technical person.
- Not enough staff at the reception.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 on a work trip for few nights. The rooms are huge. Neat and clean with the sofa sitting and kitchen on the outside and the twin beds in the inside room. More than enough space needed. The TV in the bedroom is flatscreen but seemed small to me.
Bathroom was clean and theres a separate hot water switch which I saw for the first time.
The staff at the reception were helpful and so were the bell boys. Small issue regarding the safe in my room took some time to solve though. Maybe they were tight on staff that day. The staff at the breakfast area seem to be doing their work fine. No smiles or service there. They look busy to get their work done.
The location is right next to the metro which is a 2 min walk and thats a good advantage. This was the main reason to stay here.
I used the fitness centre as well, the equipment was of poor quality and noisy.
Overall we paid 800 Dhs per night and didn’t feel it was good value for money.
Wasn’t disappointed but nothing special here. I’ve stayed at the Park Regis in Dubai before couple of times and at value for money and service it is way ahead (however the location is different).
If you can find something better in media city go for it. Other than the big rooms nothing exciting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel of Grand Midwest Tower for a week, quite happy with hotel service and room condition. Especially would like to mention the great service of Hitesh Maghlani from travel desk. He did his best in order to help us to see the sightseeing places of Dubai. Also we took 2 trips via him, it was great Safari and Abu Dhabi trips. Can recommend to take any trip via this very friendly guy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beirut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Grand Midwest Towers hotel. Grand, alright. A Dump of grand proportions. I was mislead by the star rating of 5 on Expedia.com when the property is actually 4 stars officially, and not even worth 3 stars in my opinion. No approach to the hotel from its front entrance unless you are willing to have your shoes dilled with sand by the time you take a 2 minute walk, repeated requests for towels, dirty rooms, filthy and stained carpets, extremely dirty bed head posts, smelly bathrooms, front desk staff that needs training is service, poor room service and improper billing, and the list goes on. If you have money to throw away, still there are better options than this place. Stay away from this property and definitely dont trust Expedia for the information about this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Fhsu K

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed there for more than 5 days, reservation been done by my company up front for 5 days otherwise I would change it at the moment I entered the hotel. The receptionest enter with a debate with me at 3:30 AM regarding my reservation although it been booked and confirmed by my company and he insist to blook around 1500 Dirham or more to make sure about my reservation and it will be paid by my company. Although I stayed in a very big room suitable for family but I don't like it bad smell every where. The duvet and blanket not clean, I took my breakfast only one time (NOT RECOMMENDED) terrible and very poor, I don't recommend this hotel at all. You have many other options in this area and near by areas.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank roubey
Rhondda, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in December have to say I was optamistic after reading some of the reviews about this place but wow was I impressed! As regular visitors to Dubai I have quite high expectations and all I can say is the value for money on this hotel is FANTASTIC!!!
There was some slight mix up with the rooms as me and my mom were given a double bed instead of 2 twins but this was quickly resolved and we were given a different room with twin beds, which was even nicer than the first room :-)
We had a land view even though I did request a palm view on the opposite side but to be honest I really enjoyed looking out at the hussle and bussle of Dubai and seeing the skyscrapers light up in the night skies, the noise of the traffic did not effect us in any way.
The room was so good words cannot even describe it was like having your very own little appartment with a kitchen complete with cooker and even a washing machine - the room was so fresh and clean upon arrival and every single day it was sparkling - everyone of the staff here went out their way to be as helpful as possible from reception, to the bell boy, to the security located on the enterance at the back.
Yes you do have to use the back enterance but in no way should this ever put you off - as it was christmas there was a massive christmas tree in the lobby which I loved so much - there is no lack of swimming pools here either everything was presented so well and clean throughout the hotel. There is even a gym and a beauty parlour on site that does loads of different things - worth a try if you dont fancy going anywhere.
We had breakfast included it was ok something for everyone but you always got your kitchen if you want to make your own.
The location of this hotel made it perfect to get to everywhere and anywhere, choice of using the metro or getting a taxi or even taking short walks if you know your way around. We normally use a 5* hotel situated on jumeria beach but this year we are coming back to grand midwest and this time for a 3 week stay. Next time I will be asking again for a view over looking the palm would be nice to have that amazing view for our 3 week stay with you.
We cannot wait to stay with you and see all your friendly faces again, a massive thank you and see you in Oct 2013 <3

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family