“Excellent Apartment Hotel”

Ranked #125 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent Apartment Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We spent 4 nights in their 1 bedroom apartment. it is very spacious, had a spectacular view and every modern amenity that one could ask for in a home.
The housekeeping staff is very efficient and so is the bell desk and concierge.
The entrance is from the back of the building coz the main road is not done yet (apparently been about 2 years now) and it was very off- putting. Their coffee shop was even more of a let down - - but finally the rooms and the staff made up for it & more.....
The hotel is very well located for people who work/visit places in or around MOE
Eby, Kumar, Ramchander & Amjad made our stay lovely - it was unfortunate that we could not meet Raisin who had been so very helpful on the email with our bookings.
thank you Team Grand Mid West.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Imraansurve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be an excellent hotel with very good service.
Room was large with a comfortable king size bed, sofa, flat screen tv and a kitchen area.
The bathroom was adequate with a bath and shower over.
The room was cleaned daily to a high standard and the towels replaced daily.
As soon as we arrived at the hotel the bell boy took care of our luggage, check in was easy and our luggage arrived at our room five minutes after we did.
Reception staff, porters etc were extremely polite and very helpful.
We ate breakfast(approx £10 pp) in the hotel which was adequate and as it is a buffet everyone should be able to find something they enjoy!
We also ate in the hotel reception in the evening and this was excellent value for money a three course meal for approx £8pp (with pre paid vouchers which you can buy in the restaurant ) The food was good and there is a choice of about 5-6 different meals from a set menu. There is no alcohol in the hotel but soft drinks are available which in the restaurant cost approx £1.70 for unlimited drinks.
There is a nice pool area on the 6th floor.
Check out was straightforward too.
A good hotel for a short stay, excellent location with a metro station (internet city) about five minutes walk away which gives you access to all of the main sights etc. Taxis were also readily available outside the hotel and very cheap! (Less than £10 to the airport)
There is a small supermarket over the road which was handy for water etc. And a Costa Coffee and Subway about five minutes walk too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynne61uk
UAE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I booked in this hotel for my freind in advance for 3 nights from their website www.grandmidwest.com. Then my freind asked me to cancel the first night of his booking only. i tried from their website but it was allowing only for entire booking cancelation. so i called the hotel and they told me that i have to contact their agent (GlobRes) because the booking was online. GlobRes replied to me that they requested the hotel to accept my modification. i called the hotel but this time they asked me to send them an email of my request. After sending the email i called them again and they confirmed that they received my email and they changed my booking. When my freind arrived he was surprized because they told him your booking was canceled because you did not show up yesterday and the accommodation is full and their was no amendment made to your booking. and they will charge the first night as per their policy!!!!!
I called and explained to them what happened but they denied that they accepted my request to modify my booking!!!
The action and attitude of their stuff was professionally and morally irresponsible.
they really spoiled the first day of my freind visit.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank NasserUAE

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

The location is good, near the metro and the palm. Rooms are okay for sleeping and that's it. But the staff is really lazy and tryed to invoice extra charges if possible. We had trouble regarding our booking and it took a lot of discussion although it was a clear situation. Be aware that breakfast is much more cheaper when buying vouchers (29 AE) there than including it in your booking (55AE).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank presidentduck
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

The hotel was excellent , I had a studio apartment,all the staff were very friendly from the manager and reception staff to the cleaner everyone of them was always smiling, my room was cleaned daily very nicely I asked for a better steam iron I got it within 5 mins, my bathroom scale was not working got another one in minutes, asked for extra clean towel no problem, ordered ice in the room came within 5 mins, was greeted every time we entered the hotel , I did not know how to work the dryer an engineer came straight away. I am so glad I stayed there all my friends who visited me during Xmas n new years all loved my room wanted to book rooms as well but the hotel was full.
The metro is 3 minutes walk supermarket 5mins walk. amazing restaurants nearby ,very nice view from the swimming pool ,nice Gym.looking forward to go again soon.

Thank you to all the staff at the hotel.

Room Tip: I loved the studio apartment cute for 2 people
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is located in a good area that is close to the Mall of the Emirates (It took us about 5-7 mins. by car to get there). And not too far from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa (around 15mins. drive) both during good traffic flow. There are two grocery stores nearby: a small one located in the BBC world building (opposite the hotel from the rear side) and a bigger one in the building where the Al Hilal bank is located).
When we first arrived, we noticed that kitchen utensils were missing, as well as bath and hand towels but when informed, house keeping brought them up to our room in less than 20mins.
Hotel staff are friendly, rooms are big, spacious and clean with a good view of Sheikh Zayed main road. However, "valet parking" is only half true because during our 5 day stay, our car was parked by the hotel's driver during late evenings/nights but during the day, there was no one to bring our car from the basement parking and so we had to do it ourselves.
Other than that, we would recommend this hotel to others, mainly for its convenient location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: When booking online: 1) Print a copy of the confirmation 2) Call hotel reservation desk to double ch...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NM13
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

The entrance of the hotel from the back is not appropriate. I hope you fix this problem before the next time of me coming as a guest to your beautiful memories in your hotel. Other than that, everything is fine and I am looking forward to come again soon as a guest to your beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: our room which was 1704 with a nice kitchen
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends