Eureka Hotel
JA Ocean View Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
jaresorts.com
$844
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$416
$340
Jumeirah.com
$81
$542
$406
  • Pool
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$342
$218
$81
$74
Trip.com
Very Good 4/5
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$315
$231
Excellent 5/5
$1,899
$1,252
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsnice rooftop poolwalkable distancenice hotelfree wifiaverage hotelswimming poolgold soukeasy accessbusiness tripdeirataxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The only good things I can say about this hotel is it's in a generally good location (near a metro) and it's cheap. Other than that it's not good.

They gave us a twin room instead of a double when we arrived. The room was VERY dirty and the floor looked like it hadn't been hoovered in years. There were strange gaps/holes between the walls. The blowdryer and bathroom window were broken - overall it just looked, felt and smelt unpleasant. Extremely outdated.

We were moved to a double room the next day which was still old and dirty, but slightly better. However there was a large hole in the middle of the bathroom floor which they tried to hide by placing a towel over it. Not very safe as my foot almost went through it.

The breakfast was horrible. There is a small selection of things, but don't expect anything special. There also IS NOT a fitness centre despite this being mentioned on the website.

The "clubs" in the hotel are very loud and not family friendly. There are 3 different ones so at night the hotel is full of a mixture of music blasting out loud till 3am. We were curious so decided to try and have a look but were refused entry in a strange way which seemed a bit dodgy - almost like they had something to hide. We managed to get into one but instantly walked out disgusted after witnessing a group of sleazy men watching a female dancing in a provocative manner. After this we understood why there were always large groups of men entering the hotel at night and why they didn't want us in there!

On the last day they decided to try and charge us for something that we hadn't even touched. It almost seemed like the whole thing was set up. Obviously I can't be sure of this, but it was a sad ending to what had already been an uncomfortable stay in this hotel. There are a lot of other hotels in Al Rigga and i would NOT recommend this one, especially for a family with young children. However, if you really are looking for something cheap and willing to deal with the noise, bad breakfast, seedy clubs and dirty rooms then I would just advise that you be very careful at all times

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to be further away from hearing the music from the clubs every night
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anna T
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I booked this hotel as I had to check out from my other hotel which was full and I had a very late flight. So I was more concerned about being close to the airport than anything else. I got the hotel on a very good rate, and although it looked very dated on the internet I was only going to be there for 8 hours.

The hotel was very difficult to find as the booking site mention only Al Riga Road and no number. The taxi driver tried to call to the hotel for directions but there was a fax machine picking up the phone calls. We finally arrive. The staff seemed very friendly and offered us a glass of orange juice. The reception looked very dated but I did not have many expectations as I knew it was a budget hotel.

We were allocated a room on the second floor the hallway looked very dated, but I told myself is only for a few hours rest, a shower and to the airport. As soon as I went to the toilet I was greeted by a cockroach that was on its way to the sink. There were 2 glasses with face towels inside folded in a very nice way. My stomach churns so I closed the bathroom door immediately. Then I notice that the red carpet in the room by the skirt boards had a layer of grey dust, the same layer was behind the door and in the gap between the desk and the wardrobe. The dust layer was so thick that made me wonder when was the last time the room was hovered properly.

The sheets in the bed looked grey instead of white, I decided to go out to avoid being in the room. At my return I was thinking to have a shower prior to check out but I was greeted again by another cockroach on its way to the bath so I change completely my mind.

To summarize the location is good, the metro station is about 300 metres from the hotel, and All Riga Road is full of shops. The hotel is a budget hotel with a very good rate, however is like the saying “you get what you paid for” and for me the cleaning standards and the roaches infestation is a killer. If the rooms are so filthy I cannot imagine how it would be like in the kitchen.

I cannot comment on the hotel breakfast because I skip it. I don’t mind cheap hotels or dated hotels as far as there are clean and for that reason I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Got a great deal at booking.com. Hotel was clean, bed very large and comfortable, bathroom very small but clean and with hot water every time. Breakfast was very basic, but for the price you pay you should no expect food from 5-Star hotel.

Hotel is very close to metro station from where you can easily get around and reach major locations such as Dubai Mall, Burj Kalifa, etc. Plenty of shops and restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank GBuks
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights.

By all means... it was so bad hotel room. The room was too old, too small, and the worse was its smell which was like just sleeping in a big dirty socks. Even my wife was pushing me not to get back to hotel early in order to stay as lees as possible avoiding the room smell surfings, i was totally agree with here.

I was very disappointed I was very happy when I leaved this hotel, and for me I'll never think to stay in this hotel what so ever.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yemeni_Traveller
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago . It was quite easy to find the hotel as it is in a area full of other hotels in the Deira business district.

The room was quite small but quite clean. The staff at the front desk were exceptionally efficient and friendly. They were very comforting from the time I walked into the hotel. Bravo!

The breakfast was a disaster. Both the mornings I went for breakfast, most of the dishes were empty and most people at the breakfast had been waiting for the staff to refill. We even had to wait for the coffee cups. Very disorganised.

There is also a decent size parking area in the basement.

I would stay here again, but probably miss the breakfast..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo