“Good Hotel”

Ranked #55 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Located not far from the Media Rotana, but it can be difficult to find- even our driver got lost! Otherwise a lovely hotel, but I do not think it is wirthy of its 5 star rating - more 4star. As the rooms though clean could do with updating, as the restaurants.
Again location great, but use airpost taxis to get there & back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Sharjah
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I chose to stay at the Grand Millennium Hotel Dubai, and am still talking about how impressed I was. It was the fastest check-in I have ever experienced. Staff were courteous, funny, and eager to help. The room was exactly what I requested then I received an upgrade. The room was spotless and clean; and totally quiet. I could see a little construction outside but could hear nothing. The speedy room service blew me away- the meal was presented beautifully and was enormous! I didn't have a meal upstairs on the highest floor but I checked it out quickly and the views were stunning- apparently they have received an award. Anyway, I got to visit the spa and had a great massage also. The breakfast buffet was fantastic with freshly made waffles on offer--cooked right before me! I read some complaints about the location, but the Tecom area is right on the motorway, so access to everything is only minutes away. I am only sorry I could not stay longer! And I will definately be back!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Reon70
Dhahran
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Although prices are really high, the hotel interiors and staff works together to let you accept this.
Hotel facilities are nice, room are quite comfortable however; you will suffer all the noise from adjacent construction plants!
SPA is basic but clean and wonderful staff. swimming pool is really nice being on high stories provides you with a wonderfull views.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
London
Reviewed February 13, 2010

A very comfortable hotel, and the food is excellent, especially the buffet at the Atrium and the Japanese restaurant on the 18th floor. However, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There is construction going on EVERYWHERE around and there is literally no place to walk. Most of the cab drivers aren't even certain where the hotel is. There is a hotel shuttle to the Emirates Mall, but it only runs a few times each day. For 30 to 50 dirhams you can take a taxi to the mall or the downtown area, but you can't always find a taxi outside the hotel room. And speaking of taxis, definitely take a taxi when coming in from the airport. Don't make the same mistake as me and order the hotel pickup service, which will cost you 150, three times as much as the taxi. All that said, there is a metro stop just 300 yards from the hotel, but it hasn't opened yet - it looks like it will open in a month or two. Once that happens, Dubai is your oyster as it will be easy to get around. Also, the area will be much nicer in a few years once all the construction is complete and the hotel is nestled between several skyscrapers, like the rest of Dubai - one skyscraper after another.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Due to the persistence of Grand Millenium's telemarketer who was referred to me by a good friend, I joined as a member of this hotel (I was lured by the smooth words of the telemarketer, and since my friend also gave his recommendation, we gave it a try - a very stupid decision I later on regretted so much).

My husband and I availed of the one night free stay included in the membership package to celebrate his birthday, but staying here even for just one night was a big disappointment.

First, the location is not good, it is quite hard to find, and there's construction going on everywhere in the hotel's area so there is nothing to see around the place, no nearby restaurants, no shops, it won't be safe to walk in its dark vicinity at night. If you want to go out, your best bet would only be at Mall of the Emirates or Jumeirah Residences (The Walk) which is about 15 minutes by taxi. When we checked-in, we clearly asked for a non-smoking room and a room with a good view (the name of the front desk personnel was Kristin), but instead we were placed at a smoking room and at the second floor (it was pointless to even look out at the window, there was nothing good to see from there). We can put up with being placed at second floor as we were told by that lady that there are no more available sea view rooms (which we find hard to believe actually because there were hardly any guests at that time), but Instead of arranging for us to be transferred to a non-smoking room, the best solution she can give was to send someone to spray ionizer in the room... terrible customer service! If this is how they treat members, how much worse can it get for other guests. I was just trying so hard to be patient that day because it was my husband's birthday.

The food at their restaurants was mediocre, considering that this hotel is categorized as 5-star. Except for one or two staff at the restaurants, the other staff there were unfriendly. Their swimming pool was so small and the view from the pool deck was not impressive at all.

Over-all, this hotel made a bad impression on us and we don't recommend it to anyone. We still have vouchers we have not used, but we have no intention of using them at all anymore. If you are a tourist and want to enjoy your stay in Dubai, don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I spent around 4 nights in this hotel . Ambient in the hotel is excellent. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel.
This hotel is situated near to the Emirates Golf Club, Mall of the Emirates, and Wild Wadi Water Park. Rooms in the hotel are quite spacious with lot of modern ammeniteis.
Guestrooms have LCD televisions, DVD players, and CD players; rooms also include coffee/tea makers, separate bathtubs and showers, and designer toiletries
Recreational amenities at Grand Millennium Dubai include an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Other amenities include a complimentary airport shuttle, a full-service health spa, and a restaurant.
If some body is going to Dubai with family for fun, i would reccomend this hotel.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vijaydhiman
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed November 26, 2009

This hotel offers outstanding value for money and great location for business travelers in Dubai internet/media city. The Mall of Emirates is also close for some shopping. Room (superior double), was very spacious and clean. Full size bathtub and branded amenities . Breakfast was also 5stars! The factor that I value most in a hotel is how comfy is the bed. If you are in a long day with meetings, a relaxing bath and a comfy bed can make you forget all the minor drawbacks in services. Actually, it was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever used in all my trips ( ...my number 1 is still the "nest" concept of Sofitel). Minor findings: constuction around hotel but disturbance is only visual, pool was closed, in-room dining menu was missing, a letter saying that internet was complimentary but you were actually charged, no-one asked me for a deposit when cheched-in and I had the hassle of back & forths to pay cash instantly for all extras, when I checked out some extra's were not promptly registered in their system... I could have left without paying them ... but I am sure that a junior staff would be accused for negligence when found out. In brief: These minor issues are only suggestions for improvement. Superb hotel that I will choose again in my next trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business