Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$150
View deal
Expedia.com$207
Hotels.com$207
Travelocity$207
Priceline$207
Orbitz.com$207
eDreams$150
All reviews apartment palm pools balcony marina
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Royal Club Palm Jumeirah was truly a mixed experienced.

Good for long stays, and/or families. The complex is not a simple hotel experience, and so large that the overall stay became slightly disjointed, confusing and frustrating at times.

Not a hotel, these are 50 privately owned time-share apartments, amidst a very large complex of apartments, the majority of which are rented or owned by residents. A total of 20 buildings along the central "trunk" of the Palm Jumeirah island development.

The Good:
-Location: On high-profile man-made island, the Palm Jumeirah. By taxi, very close to the Dubai Marina, MediaCity, Internet City; 5-10min. Also to the Atlantis Hotel at tip of the Palm, including its beaches, water park, nightlife and shopping.
-Apartment: Very large 1-bedroom apartment, with large balcony overlooking the monorail track (to Atlantis; monorail passes frequently, but very quiet). High quality furnishings, with brand new rug, and both living room and bedroom had flat screen TVs, DVD players, surround sound speakers. Kitchen high quality, with marble countertops, dishwasher, etc. Two toilettes, and clean modern, large bathroom with bathtub.
-Transport: Taxis required, easy to hail on street, never waited more than 5min.
-Overall: A taste of living like a "local" (ex-pat) in Dubai on the Palm. Spacious, clean, high-quality.

The Bad:
-Location: Despite being on a highly coveted location, like most of Dubai, very little is within walking distance.
-CheckIn: After check-in (building 20), we had to take a taxi to get to our apartment!!! (building 11). It cost only 10 AED, but we had to pay for a taxi to get to our room, how incredible! The complex is SO large; they should offer a free shuttle between the buildings. Staff were friendly at check-in.
-Beach: 100 AED per person to access pool and beach. Rediculous, when already paying 186 EUR/night. No towels provided at beach/pool, so must bring bath towels from apartment.
-Food: By foot, only the apartment complex's Costa Coffee shop, Subway, mini-mart, several in restaurants on the complex's beaches. (we enjoyed Friday "Brunch" at Barca', for 60 AED per person, lunch and 3 drinks, great deal, friendly manager and waiters!). Unlike most Costa Coffee shops in Dubai, this one does not offer WiFi.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
11  Thank washbrol
A Tripadvisor Member
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Why oh why would I pay to use the beach or pool ?? That passed me on giving the excellent rating. The Gym is nice looking upon the city as you workout. The bar below serves good beer (BTW we were in building 5 oceanfront mid level floor) and the mini mart has a good assortment of foods and necessities. No alchohol, in fact hard to find alchohol in Dubai so I suggest if you like your drink bring a couple bottles, easy to find mixers here. We didn't have a laptop with us so the office let us use there PC after 5 pm.
Location is just fine at the beggining of Palm island, 10 AED to Atlantis 15 AED to the first metrolink. If from the airport expect to pay 85 to 90 AED and return to airport fee will be around 65 AED. You can do the metro to the airport if you have small luggage.
View was perfect we had to dine every meal outside on the balcony. Kitchen has everything but a bread maker and ice cream maker. All appliances were new.
Room itself, will start in the bedroom. Same view as your living room, super cozy bed 42' TV with many chanels to choose. Bathroom sufficient, the tub a bit on the smaller side but you will get hot water and good pressure fine. Walk in closet with many drawers and a safe. we brought 4 pairs of shoes between the 2 of us so we really liked using the shoe rack which can hold an easy 20. The Living room, caught my girl sleeping on the sofa a few times. very spacious with 42' TV and a DVD player. Dining Area, large table 4 chairs only used it for planning not eating. Second bathroom never touched it either. Kitchen again everything with the laundry machine and oven.
A beautiful room, we did 7 days and the hard part will be planning your days. I needed more activities in Dubai though we found something to do everyday. Hi light was Ski Dubai in the Mall of Emerites very near your room. Also here is a Carrefour supermarket to stock up.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My overall experince at this hotel was average. A few days after I checked in the conditions of use of the Clubs facilities (i.e. beaches, pools, restaurants and bars) all changed. They started to charge 50 dirhams per day for entry. I refused to pay and ended being let in at the expense of the hotel.
The finishings in the rooms are average. It appears that they were in a huge rush to complete construction and poorly completed the finishings. There was also a funky smell coming from the dishwasher. It made the whole kitchen smell. On top of this I was originally charged too little for my stay (due to poorly trained staff) and my key was deactivated (with out me knowing). This was quite annoying when I headed back to my room at a late hour and then had to make my way down to reception.

All of that a side, they stay wasn't too bad. I would recommend this to a family. It is a really safe environment and if you are able to gain access to the beach, it is quite relaxing. You could just let the kids run around while the oldies enjoy a drink, or two.

There is security everywhere and plenty of children from the residences around the place. There are four restaurants and multiple bars, a Subway and a Costa (coffee shop). Very easy to just spend the day by the beach with out any real need to leave.

Room tip: Rooms in apartment block 1 to 10. The higher the room the better view and quiter.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Dan P
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We had a chance to stay here for 2 nights. We had a chance to stay here. We had a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom suite.
The amenities inside were top class, with everything including internet, cable tv provided.
the beds were comfortable and my entire family found a place to sleep.
These are furnished suites - sort of Hotel apartments. they have a proper kitchen (not a small kitchenette)
The rates are extremely reasonable considering its located on Palm Jumeirah.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank jimshady77
Reviewed May 6, 2011

With three young children I have always found it hard to find a hotel in Dubai, of a reasonable price, to cater for a family of 5. Royal Club is not a hotel, it is like renting an apartment in a very nice location - The Palm. The only hotel service you will get is the apartment will be cleaned every day.

Firstly I have to point out we changed our room to a 1 bedroom apartment with a sofa bed as we found out that the 2 bedroom apartments are located on the other side of a main highway! So our building was located right near the beach and pool. The beach is nice (if a bit flat) - you get a nice view of the Burj al-Arab hotel in the distance and the water is bright blue. The pool is too cold! You do get used to it but it takes some getting used to. The kids still loved it. There is a also a play area near to the pool.

What is also good is there are not many tourists in this location. Most people who were on the beach or pool seemed to be residents and therefore it was very quiet and relaxing - same so in the evenings.

The check-in for the hotel is based in one apartment building which was across the road where the 2 bedroom rooms are located. Its a very basic reception - they didn't even check me out as only the porter was sitting in the office! They also do not have wireless internet as stated in the ad. They only have a wireless USB device which they can provide at 50 dirhams a day with a 1000 dirhams deposit and it only works with Windows XP/Vista. Therefore my Ipad was useless for the entire vacation!

Taxi's are easily caught from the area and there is gym and spa in the building which is convenient. There is also a mini-mart but is quite expensive.

The rooms were clean and modestly decorated. The room had cable with a good selection of english movies to watch and the odd other english channel. The cartoon channel seemed to start in English in the mornings and change to Arabic in the afternoon. The balcony we had overlooked the beach and pool so was fantastic! The kitchen was nicely fitted with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and even a food mixer.

As stated room service was once a day but they seemed to get upset if you didn't want them to come in when we still in the room. I realised later is because they service different rooms in different buildings.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would come back again, but don't expect a hotel service.

For more info on Dubai and my vacation visit http://mind-fried.com

Room tip: For a room near the beach change to 1 bedroom apt
Date of stay: May 2011