Royal Club Palm Jumeirah
  • Pool
  • Pool
DUKES DUBAI(Dubai)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My overall experince at this hotel was average. A few days after I checked in the conditions of use of the Clubs facilities (i.e. beaches, pools, restaurants and bars) all changed. They started to charge 50 dirhams per day for entry. I refused to pay and ended being let in at the expense of the hotel.
The finishings in the rooms are average. It appears that they were in a huge rush to complete construction and poorly completed the finishings. There was also a funky smell coming from the dishwasher. It made the whole kitchen smell. On top of this I was originally charged too little for my stay (due to poorly trained staff) and my key was deactivated (with out me knowing). This was quite annoying when I headed back to my room at a late hour and then had to make my way down to reception.

All of that a side, they stay wasn't too bad. I would recommend this to a family. It is a really safe environment and if you are able to gain access to the beach, it is quite relaxing. You could just let the kids run around while the oldies enjoy a drink, or two.

There is security everywhere and plenty of children from the residences around the place. There are four restaurants and multiple bars, a Subway and a Costa (coffee shop). Very easy to just spend the day by the beach with out any real need to leave.

Room Tip: Rooms in apartment block 1 to 10. The higher the room the better view and quiter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank dpretzler
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We had a chance to stay here for 2 nights. We had a chance to stay here. We had a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom suite.
The amenities inside were top class, with everything including internet, cable tv provided.
the beds were comfortable and my entire family found a place to sleep.
These are furnished suites - sort of Hotel apartments. they have a proper kitchen (not a small kitchenette)
The rates are extremely reasonable considering its located on Palm Jumeirah.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank jimshady77
Reviewed May 6, 2011

With three young children I have always found it hard to find a hotel in Dubai, of a reasonable price, to cater for a family of 5. Royal Club is not a hotel, it is like renting an apartment in a very nice location - The Palm. The only hotel service you will get is the apartment will be cleaned every day.

Firstly I have to point out we changed our room to a 1 bedroom apartment with a sofa bed as we found out that the 2 bedroom apartments are located on the other side of a main highway! So our building was located right near the beach and pool. The beach is nice (if a bit flat) - you get a nice view of the Burj al-Arab hotel in the distance and the water is bright blue. The pool is too cold! You do get used to it but it takes some getting used to. The kids still loved it. There is a also a play area near to the pool.

What is also good is there are not many tourists in this location. Most people who were on the beach or pool seemed to be residents and therefore it was very quiet and relaxing - same so in the evenings.

The check-in for the hotel is based in one apartment building which was across the road where the 2 bedroom rooms are located. Its a very basic reception - they didn't even check me out as only the porter was sitting in the office! They also do not have wireless internet as stated in the ad. They only have a wireless USB device which they can provide at 50 dirhams a day with a 1000 dirhams deposit and it only works with Windows XP/Vista. Therefore my Ipad was useless for the entire vacation!

Taxi's are easily caught from the area and there is gym and spa in the building which is convenient. There is also a mini-mart but is quite expensive.

The rooms were clean and modestly decorated. The room had cable with a good selection of english movies to watch and the odd other english channel. The cartoon channel seemed to start in English in the mornings and change to Arabic in the afternoon. The balcony we had overlooked the beach and pool so was fantastic! The kitchen was nicely fitted with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and even a food mixer.

As stated room service was once a day but they seemed to get upset if you didn't want them to come in when we still in the room. I realised later is because they service different rooms in different buildings.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would come back again, but don't expect a hotel service.

For more info on Dubai and my vacation visit http://mind-fried.com

Room Tip: For a room near the beach change to 1 bedroom apt
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank senor_sosa
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Like a few others, I was a bit hesitant about staying here. But, it turned our to be a very good experience and in the long run, saved some money.

So, renting what is essentially a condo was a bit of a departure from what you might otherwise do for a trip half way around the world. After arriving at 1:30am, I was greeted by a very engaging and personable doorman, who promptly escored me to the reception office. The paperwork was handled in a professional and prompt manner. The doorman helped me with my lugguage to the room that was located 4 buildings away (3 minute walk). he helped me get settled in and was aware enough that some sleep was needed.

It was very nice to have a washer/dryer in the room, along with a full kitchen. While it wasn't that well equipped, it was sufficient enough to cook breakfast, make a sandwich for lunch or make a simple dinner. End result, saved some money by not having to go our for every meal as you might in a hotel.

Our building was located accross the street from the beach. Again, a 2 minute walk. Beach was clean, there are two small restaurants/bars along the beach (Cabanas and Bidi Bondi). Both were reasonably priced and their staff were very friendly. Yes it would be nice if there were more beach chairs and if there was a place to get beach towels, so there is some room for improvement here.

If you approach staying here as something akin to renting a beach house for vacation, and realize you need to do some grocery shopping (small place accross the street or Carrefour at Mall of the Emirates), and walking a couple of yards to the beach, and missing a few amenities, this a very nice place to stay.Cabs are readily available to take you to any of the malls or other tourist sights, at a very reasonable cost.

Maid service was proveded everyday, bathrooms were always restocked with soap, shampoo and fresh towels, the entire suite was spotless everyday.

Overall a very good value and worth a serious look if you are staying dubai for a week or more.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank notslummingit
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We were a couple with one infant and my mom and dad. It was a great family week spent on family friendly outdoor swimming pools and the beach. Our apartment was overlooking the skyscrapers on dubai marina. My parents had a great time in the spa and jim in the vicinity. The down side was that there weren't enough towels for the five of us and they were changed once every two days due to eco-friendly policy of the management or so we were told.

• Stayed: September 2010