I stayed at the Novotel Deira City Centre Hotel towards the end of February 2013 for 3 nights.
The hotel is well positioned right opposite the Deira Centre Mall which is massive, you can get lost in that place! It’s also a 2 minute walk from the nearest metro station.
Although I stayed for leisure purposes, this hotel is aimed more for business trips. Nevertheless, I felt comfortable throughout my stay.
It is very clean, comfortable and has all the amenities that you need including a gym.
The price of the room includes breakfast that is served as a buffet. The food is really good and includes local and international dishes. You can also get made to order omelettes and eggs. There is a wide range of cereals, yoghurts and fruits.
There is a bistro restaurant in the hotel although I never used it. Being so close to the mall, I just wandered over there for dinner as there is plenty to choose from.
The hotel also operates a 24 hour room service which was handy for me when I arrived quite late on a Thursday evening and didn’t fancy going out looking for food. I can recommend the Egyptian mezze platter.
The hotel runs a free shuttle bus every day at 9.30 and 11am to Jumeirah Beach that takes about half an hour which is a nice touch. You can choose to return at either 3 or 5pm.
It also has free wifi in the reception area which is very useful. This free wifi can also be accessed in the bar.
The bar has a great atmosphere. They serve a wide range or drinks and the staff are really friendly and welcoming. They even remembered what I wanted to drink.
The hotel has a pool too, but randomly this is situated on the first floor so it is rather shady making the pool rather cold. You can find a few sunny spots up there though and I spent a few hours chilling there during my stay soaking up some rays.
The staff are helpful but perhaps could be a little more approachable. Sometimes I felt like I was bothering the reception staff when I was making enquiries. Staff in other areas were good though and always had a smile for you.
One thing that I didn’t like was the extortionate cost for a room extension on my last day.
My flight was at 3am so I wanted to keep my room until early evening so that I could shower after being out all day, but to keep the room until 6pm it was half a night’s room rate and until 8pm a whole extra night’s room rate.
All in all, I had a great stay here and would return. I felt it was good value and suited my needs for a city break perfectly.
If you have any questions about this hotel or the surrounding area, please feel free to contact me, I’m happy to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Dubai Novotel Deira City Centre is directly opposite to Deira City Centre shopping mall and within the business and commercial district of Port Saeed. The hotel is only 5 min from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and 15 min from Dubai World Trade Center. It offers 188 guest rooms, ideal for a business trip or family breaks in in Dubai, as well as international and regional restaurants, fully licensed bars and an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Deira City Centre Hotel Dubai
- Novotel Hotel Dubai
- Deira City Centre Novotel