I had a late night arrival at the Dubai airport, so I decided to stay at a hotel close to the airport for 1 night only before transferring to Sofitel hotel the next day. After a quick, cheap taxi ride, I arrived at the Novotel hotel Deira Center around 2:30AM. I previously made the booking via priceline.com, and sent the hotel the confirmation weeks before checking in including my request for a non-smoking room. However, upon checkin, the reception stated that there were only smoking rooms available. After disputing with them about my requested room type, they "miraculously" found a non-smoking room. Just when I thought that I was ready to check in, the hotel reception said that I did not pay for the hotel room in advance. I was so angry and tired at the same time. I had to pull out my laptop to show them proof that priceline already charged me for this room, my bank statement where the money came out of my checking account, and my prior e-mail to the hotel that showed my confirmation. It turned out that the hotel forgot to charge priceline's credit card for my room. To make matters worse, they wanted me to sign my name on priceline's credit card receipt. I insisted that I would not do such a thing because it is not my credit card. I never had to do this at any other hotel whenever I used priceline, and I was not about to do it there. The reception stated that their bank requires a signature, but I told him that I still was not about to sign my name on a credit card that is not mine unless priceline gave me permission to do so. The hotel staff member relented, and I was finally able to check into my room. The room was average with free wifi, but the bed was really hard. If I was not already so tired from the long flight, I probably would not have been able to sleep on it. The best thing about the hotel is the location, which is right across from the Deira Mall, the Carrefour supermarket, and about a 5 minute walk to the Deira train station. The next time I come back to Dubai, I will stay in another airport hotel instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Dubai Novotel Deira City Centre is directly opposite to Deira City Centre shopping mall and within the business and commercial district of Port Saeed. The hotel is only 5 min from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and 15 min from Dubai World Trade Center. It offers 188 guest rooms, ideal for a business trip or family breaks in in Dubai, as well as international and regional restaurants, fully licensed bars and an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Deira City Centre Hotel Dubai
- Novotel Hotel Dubai
- Deira City Centre Novotel