“Good hotel”

Ranked #139 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here for 1 week on business visit. The hotel is well maintained, clean, with all luxurious amenities, also with nice bar. Varienty of food items were available for buffet breakfast. However considering the location (not having any good view) of the hotel, I feel that hotel rates are very expensive. I would prefer to stay in the hotel having palm-jumerah veiw (like Gloria hotel with fantastic sea veiw).The service of the all the staff employees were excellent except for one lady staff handling room reservation, she was completely unprofessional while i was enquiring with her regarding the rates.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share experience on your recent stay with us. I am happy to know that you found our hotel well maintained and clean.

I understand your concern with regards to the room rate but please be advised that November is a very busy month for all hotels in Dubai, thats why the rates go up during that time.

On the other note, I am glad to know that the service rendered by our team members were excellent however I will need to investigate the issue you had encountered with the room reservation.

I hope that on your future business travel to Dubai, you will stay with us again.

Rabih Melhem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

been many times to this hotel located a street away from my house in tecom. during all my visits in the past service was slow and staff bring wrong orders or forget the orders . this time it was my visit after more than a year that I didn't come due to this fact , again I bring my parents who are here for visit on short holidays and it was 4 pm , we sit on the terrace we wait for someone to come than only a waitress come after 10 min and hand the menus , we were 4 adults , asked the waitress to bring abottle of water , a morocan tea and a turkich coffee and asked her to serve these before we order food . she goes and come back and ask what about food , I informed to get us three starters -Oriental mezza , nachos and Chicken quesadillas but asked again to serve the drinks as my mother wanted to enjoy a Turkish coffee asap . I got busy with my emails as I am working and have my lap top same time of taking my family around . 35 minutes passed and still no glasses , no water and nothing served on the table , when my mom asked again about the drinks and I realized how late it was taking I flipped and shouted at the staff to know that the girl who took our order is on break shift ! so it seems no communication ! while complaining food was coming to serve on our table and until moment no water and no drinks ! I cant imagine worse service , I have been 10 years in Dubai and never been in such situation and I feel sorry for this beautiful hotel to reach such levels ! I will avoid to come again or recommend this place to any of my friends. Management have serious work to do in this hotel !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TDubai68
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and observations you brought to our attention.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused you. The lapses in service standards at The Terrace rendered by our team members are regrettable and simply unacceptable to us. It goes against our values, principles and what we train our team to be. They are trained to provide a consistent high level of service standards, show respect and welcoming attitude to all our guests at all time. I am awfully sorry if we failed to show that in this particular incidents.

A retraining process is underway, and the issues you highlighted are being addressed to all concerned.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope this incident will not deter you from using the service & facilities of Media Rotana Hotel.

Regards,

Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend as part of a group booking. I was unfortunate to arrive with my wife and 10 year old son around 10.30 pm, although this was pre-warned on the booking made several weeks before. On going to our too we discovered that no bed had been made available for our son, when this was raised with the reception staff it was met with a shrug of the shoulders and "due to an error we have underestimated the number of beds, there are none left" we were then offered a cot for my 10 year old sun, I seriously thought these people were joking. After about 30 minutes of arguing we were promised the additional bed that we had booked in 20 minutes but it will be coming across City from a sister hotel. The bed eventually turned up at 1am the following morning.

When I took the matter up the following day with the hotel management they remained unconcerned, dismissive and unhelpful. I demanded a refund for the nights board which was not delivered, this was refused. We went about our business that day, returned at 3pm and our room had not even been serviced.

This is a bad hotel, poorly managed with staff who no nothing about basic hospitality or customer relations. Who has heard of a hotel that cannot provide the basic requirement of a bed! Oh, and I met at least 3 other families who were met with the same predicament and got the same poor treatment. I was glad to leave although I am still waiting for a refund on the nights board that was not delivered.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J_and_E_M174
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for the valuable comments following your stay with us last week. I also would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and your family and the catalogue of mistakes, and the "less than satisfactory" service you received during your stay.

I have instructed the Managers concerned to re-train our team to ensure proper service are provided to all our guests.

Kindly contact us directly to discuss further your comments with regards to the compensation requested. You may email us at: media.dubai@rotana.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Regards,

Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice access to hotel from Shaikh zayed road and easy to exit to enter back to Shaikh zayed road.
Breakfast choices are good and staff is courteous.

Since it is very close to Mall of Emirates the evening after hactic day at office is relaxing once you visit the mall

Room Tip: Dont miss the daily breakfast
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sasirajm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback posted on the TripAdvisor.

Reviews like yours are always encouraging and highly appreciated. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast buffet in Channels. We always offer a wide varieties in our breakfast buffet to cater the needs of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to Media Rotana Hotel.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel meets or surpasses the basic requirement for a hotel. The staff are uniformly friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is outstanding and the kitchen crew do a superb job. I stayed at the hotel for a week and looked forward to the breakfast every day. The quality and variety of the choices were amazing. Similarly, the housekeeping staff do an excellent job in maintaining high standards in guests' rooms. The only problems I found were all related to the hotel's electrical systems: 1) When the TV is turned on, the viewer is always forced to look at hotel information before going to a channel, 2) The room lighting is not bright enough for reading, and 3) The elevators don't have lights or loud bells showing which elevator has arrived and is open for boarding. The hotel's location is theoretically OK but the fairly short walk to and from the Metro requires crossing streets without crosswalk lines and walking on unfinished construction sites. That's typical for Dubai, however, and one cannot fairly blame the hotel for that inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the enthusiastic review! We are pleased to know that you find our team members friendly and helpful especially our Housekeeping team. We will definitely share your kind comments with them to inspire them to do even better at upholding our high standards.

We are also delighted to learn that you love our breakfast buffet and that you look forward to it every day during your one week stay with us. A big thanks to our Kitchen team for preparing a wonderful breakfast spread to our guests on a daily basis.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Media Rotana next time.

Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Media Rotana really excels at service. Every staff is friendly and available at your service at all times. Make sure you take the breakfast option and definitely visit the pool. The value is unbeatable. The best part is the metro is walking distance and can take you to most of the places you want to see.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback posted in the TripAdvisor. I hope you and your family had a wonderful stay at Media Rotana Hotel.

Customer satisfaction is amongst our highest priorities at Media Rotana Hotel and I was glad to read that we were able to meet with your expectation. Thank you for the high praise with regards to our breakfast buffet and swimming pool.

I look forward to welcoming you once again at Media Rotana Hotel.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited Dubai over Xmas and New Year as part of our Silver wedding celebrations. Stayed here as reasonably priced for Dubai and was checked out by my cousin who lives nearby.
Room 209, large and clean (excellent daily cleaner, so polite and helpful). Foyer spacious and plush even for a 'business hotel'.
Paying for wifi was a bit of a pain (instead of paying upfront for the duration pay hourly rate as and when if just keeping in touch with home or take up the coffee, cake n wifi offer).
Chef(from Hull) in Nelson's bar was excellent even making a curry to my own taste and asking me 3 times if everything was ok. Staff there very hospitable. Terrace bar more expensive and staff not so good but a very pleasant place to chill!!
Hotel not too far away from attractions and taxis (coloured roofs) very cheap. Limos more expensive and a couple try to 'catch' you, reported to hotel with plate number but no feedback-shame!!
Try London fish and chips and the eatery next door too - lovely food and very cheap.
A little disappointed even though I had let the hotel know it was a 'special' holiday nothing was mentioned while at the Burj Al Arab we were given cake and a rose ( take note these things matter!!!!)
Even so when we return I would still consider staying at this hotel as the staff in general were excellent and couldn't do enough for you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We hope you and your wife had wonderful & memorable celebrations during the festive season and silver wedding anniversary in Dubai & Media Rotana Hotel. Thank you for choosing Media Rotana for being part of that special occasions.

It was nice to know that you find our guest room spacious & clean. On the other hand, please rest assured that the price for the internet is comparable to any of the hotels nearby the area based from our regular surveys taken with other five (5) star hotels in Dubai.

As we recalled, we have placed some nice chocolates to all guest rooms during turn down service during Christmas & New Year's Eve to give little touch to the special occasion.

On a positive note I was pleased to read that one of our Chef in Nelson's was able to provide exceptional service. I have shared your comments with him as it is always rewarding and motivating for our Team Members to receive such praise.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Media Rotana Hotel.