“Wonderful”

Ranked #148 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose it by the other reviews I read here and I am happy I did it. I concur with all the excellent ratings below.
Service, assistance and help with any problem the customer has are amazing. Due to late arrival, the room types we booked were taken that day and we got some nice suites - and the next day I was switched to my dream room. Wonderful, comfortable bed, walk-in shower, separate tub, and all I needed was perfect. I mostly got to deal with Andrew at the reception and I must say he deserves the maximum rating. I am sure the whole staff there could live up to anyone's expectations.
The room service staff is very helpful and nice, the choice and food quality are very good. Breakfast offers a great choice from fresh fruit, traditional dishes and yoghurts, up to croissants, and the normal continental breakfast items.
The staff there is working really hard, around the clock, to make their guests feel great, and smile all the time, no matter what :) I really appreciate that, as it is not always easy :)
To continue, there are a few great restaurants within the premises, one club and a terrace by the pool.
Location is perfect - close to the Marina, Internet/Media City, IbnBatuta Mall, JAFZA, Mall of the Emirates and Jumeirah. The Creek and older parts of the city + the airport are further away, but the is no problem to take a taxi or the train/metro.
I only hope I will be able to stay there the next time I am in Dubai.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in Media Rotana Hotel and for sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor.

Customer satisfaction is amongst our highest priorities here at Media Rotana Hotel and I'm glad my team were able to meet with your expectations. Further, I was pleased to read that Andrew was able to provide an exceptional service. I have shared your comments with him as it is always rewarding and motivating for our Team Members to receive such praise.

In closing, may we thank you once again for your support and the time taken to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Kind Regards,

Rabih Melhem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am currently staying in the hotel and from the word go the service has been excellent, staff very efficient, friendly and the food and facilities, what can I say - Excellent!

I will defintely be back. Thank you Media Rotana for a home away from home...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Willie B
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with the Hotel. We will share your feedback to my team members, who will be delighted for your kind and generous feedback.

Kind Regards,

Wynyard Teesside
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for 16nights along with our 9month old daughter. My husdand was on buisness throughout the day which left me and my daughter to do our own things. The only downside to this hotel was the location (I did know this before hand) it wasn't a major problem tho! The metro station is about a 15min walk away which was great this time of the year however in the summer I would find it impossible to walk there in the heat.
The staff where brilliant! With me mainly been on my own with my daughter and pushchair the staff where always there to help! I always felt at ease knowing I didn't have to struggle getting my baby in and out of taxis ect ect.
The housekeeping was fabulous! Anytime we needed toiletries, towels, robes there where there. The room wAs cleaned everyday and it was always imaculate!!
The pool area was also great however even in the shallow end I could just touch the floor but my daughter loved it!
We used the kids club lots also . The name kids club may have people lead to believe that you can leave your children (not that I wanted to) but there is no member if staff it's just somewhere you can take your children to play and stay with them. My daughter loved playing on the bouncy castle! :-)
We mainly ate out or cooked in the room but we did eat in the terrace bar one evening and the food was beautiful!
Overall this was a great stay with fabulous staff and we would stay again however if you are looking for a central location this is not the best for that. Thank you to all the staff as they make this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in Media Rotana Hotel and the time taken to write your feedback on the TripAdvisor.

It was nice to know that in overall you had a wonderful stay with us. I will share the same to my team members who will be most delighted of your generous comments.

I look forward to welcoming you again to Media Rotana Hotel in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed in many Rotana Hotels in the UAE and this hotel has the most friendly and helpful staff by far. The breakfast staff, in particular, provide outstanding service. I also had a back massage at the Bodylines Spa, which I would recommend to anyone wanting to chill out after a hectic day of sight seeing or shopping. Although the location is not central, Emirates Mall is close by and transport connections are good and it also means you can get a good night sleep away from the buzz and noise of the town.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the quieter it will be.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MiliPop
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Media Rotana Hotel and for posting such wonderful comments on the TripAdvisor.

It was good to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am thrilled to know that you love our buffet breakfast in Channels Restaurant. I wish you have tried our different theme nights buffet in the evening as well.

We offer several treatments and different massages in Bodylines. I am glad you have done your back massage and I am pleased to know that you have recommended this to everyone.

Thank you once again for your support and the time taken to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Cambridge
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had read the reviews on this hotel before coming and so was a little wary.
But the moment by cab pulled out, someone opened the door, took my luggage and the excellent experience of this htel began. The lobby has a calm atmosphere and there is a wonderful smell of sandelwood or lemongrass that just cools and relaxes you.
I took the Club lounge access and it was so worth it!
My room was on the 20th floor and so the views were great.

Room Tip: Speak to check in staff when you first arrive and check promotions.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was good to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Customer satisfaction is amongst our highest priorities Media Rotana Hotel and I was glad to learn we were able to meet with your expectations. It is always motivating and rewarding for our Team Members to receive such positive feedback.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this location as our son was in Dubai and also staying at this Hotel. The service was excellent. Everyone from the front desk to the door people or people hailing cabs for us were so very nice. Our housekeeper was excellent. If we asked for extra water etc it was always there.
We felt we were treated so very nice and all our needs were taken care of. Bed was very comfortable. We also were celebrating our 39 th wedding anniversary and an hour or so after check in someone brought two small cakes to our room with congratulations written with chocolate on the plate.

Room Tip: We did not ask for a certain type of room but we had a full view over the city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's sad to know places still exist where u need to pay for WiFi even when u spend more than 200 aed for beverages.
In this day and age this is not acceptable.
I like the pool bar however not so much the rather slow service, seems they don't have enough staff. If u sit in a far corner away from the bar, getting a drink is difficult.
And then u need to pay Aed 22 for an hour of Internet. Rip off!

• Stayed January 2013