“Excellent staff! Very clean! Location not too bad!”
Review of Media Rotana

Media Rotana
Ranked #141 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Wynyard Teesside
“Excellent staff! Very clean! Location not too bad!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for 16nights along with our 9month old daughter. My husdand was on buisness throughout the day which left me and my daughter to do our own things. The only downside to this hotel was the location (I did know this before hand) it wasn't a major problem tho! The metro station is about a 15min walk away which was great this time of the year however in the summer I would find it impossible to walk there in the heat.
The staff where brilliant! With me mainly been on my own with my daughter and pushchair the staff where always there to help! I always felt at ease knowing I didn't have to struggle getting my baby in and out of taxis ect ect.
The housekeeping was fabulous! Anytime we needed toiletries, towels, robes there where there. The room wAs cleaned everyday and it was always imaculate!!
The pool area was also great however even in the shallow end I could just touch the floor but my daughter loved it!
We used the kids club lots also . The name kids club may have people lead to believe that you can leave your children (not that I wanted to) but there is no member if staff it's just somewhere you can take your children to play and stay with them. My daughter loved playing on the bouncy castle! :-)
We mainly ate out or cooked in the room but we did eat in the terrace bar one evening and the food was beautiful!
Overall this was a great stay with fabulous staff and we would stay again however if you are looking for a central location this is not the best for that. Thank you to all the staff as they make this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in Media Rotana Hotel and the time taken to write your feedback on the TripAdvisor.

It was nice to know that in overall you had a wonderful stay with us. I will share the same to my team members who will be most delighted of your generous comments.

I look forward to welcoming you again to Media Rotana Hotel in the near future.

Rabih Melhem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed in many Rotana Hotels in the UAE and this hotel has the most friendly and helpful staff by far. The breakfast staff, in particular, provide outstanding service. I also had a back massage at the Bodylines Spa, which I would recommend to anyone wanting to chill out after a hectic day of sight seeing or shopping. Although the location is not central, Emirates Mall is close by and transport connections are good and it also means you can get a good night sleep away from the buzz and noise of the town.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the quieter it will be.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MiliPop
MediaRotanaDubai, General Manager at Media Rotana, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Media Rotana Hotel and for posting such wonderful comments on the TripAdvisor.

It was good to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am thrilled to know that you love our buffet breakfast in Channels Restaurant. I wish you have tried our different theme nights buffet in the evening as well.

We offer several treatments and different massages in Bodylines. I am glad you have done your back massage and I am pleased to know that you have recommended this to everyone.

Thank you once again for your support and the time taken to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Cambridge
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had read the reviews on this hotel before coming and so was a little wary.
But the moment by cab pulled out, someone opened the door, took my luggage and the excellent experience of this htel began. The lobby has a calm atmosphere and there is a wonderful smell of sandelwood or lemongrass that just cools and relaxes you.
I took the Club lounge access and it was so worth it!
My room was on the 20th floor and so the views were great.

Room Tip: Speak to check in staff when you first arrive and check promotions.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was good to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Customer satisfaction is amongst our highest priorities Media Rotana Hotel and I was glad to learn we were able to meet with your expectations. It is always motivating and rewarding for our Team Members to receive such positive feedback.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this location as our son was in Dubai and also staying at this Hotel. The service was excellent. Everyone from the front desk to the door people or people hailing cabs for us were so very nice. Our housekeeper was excellent. If we asked for extra water etc it was always there.
We felt we were treated so very nice and all our needs were taken care of. Bed was very comfortable. We also were celebrating our 39 th wedding anniversary and an hour or so after check in someone brought two small cakes to our room with congratulations written with chocolate on the plate.

Room Tip: We did not ask for a certain type of room but we had a full view over the city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's sad to know places still exist where u need to pay for WiFi even when u spend more than 200 aed for beverages.
In this day and age this is not acceptable.
I like the pool bar however not so much the rather slow service, seems they don't have enough staff. If u sit in a far corner away from the bar, getting a drink is difficult.
And then u need to pay Aed 22 for an hour of Internet. Rip off!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank DucatiDre1975
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in November 2012 end with my husband and found this hotel in excellent location. Nearest metro station is Internet city, just 5 minutes walk from hotel. Also Mall of Emirates is 7-8 minutes by taxi, Burj Khalifa- 15 minutes by taxi, Sheikh Zayed Road - 5 minutes. All main attractions and malls are very near. I enjoyed the breakfast as well as I am a vegetarian and there was such a good choice in Breakfeast, more than 50 things to eat and drink. Service was excellent and staff is very friendly. They have a pub on ground floor and a small swimming pool. Overall its a very nice hotel but only thing I didn't liked is that they do not provide free internet where as now a days so many hotels in the world give free internet service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Media Rotana Hotel.

It was great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am thrilled to know that you love our breakfast buffet in Channels Restaurant. It is indeed one of the best buffets we have aside from our different theme nights every night. Also, we have kept a note regarding the free internet wifi in the hotel for our keeping.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve services and facilities we are offering.

In closing, may I thank you once again for your support and the time taken to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quite a new hotel, with great rooms, and friendly/efficient service. Internet wifi connection speeds were great. Choices restaurant for breakfast or buffet dinner is a good standard. Prego's Italian restaurant is superb, well worth visiting even if you are not staying at the hotel. Only downside is the location, unless you are staying on business to work in Media City/Marina area you may want to find a hotel closer to the action, although its only a 5 minute taxi ride to Mall of the Emirates, and 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro - OK in winter but too long to walk in summer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Media Rotana Hotel in the near future.