“Really nice buffet”

Marrakech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The 9 of us had a "private" alcove in the restaurant. The seafood made-to-order was really outstanding. There was nothing to dislike. If it was a little busier the food would have been refreshed more often and the carving station would have been "manned". Since the restaurant is in a hotel, they are permitted to serve alcohol.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

A delightful ambiance, wonderful selection of dishes and superb service.
I particularly enjoyed the salads and the live seafood station.

1  Thank Emindxb
Reviewed August 12, 2013

visited the place based on a friend's recommendation. went there with my travel mate, and it was our first experience on morrocan dish (so nothing to compare it to, and of course lack of knowledge nor standard of the dishes). we ordered a la carte for harira (not sure it is spelled correctly, it's a soup), lamb tagine with prunes, couscous with chicken, lamb saussages and steamed vegetables, and ended up have to cancel the desert (orange base desert... cannot remember the name), because the food portion is just too big for us.
we were waited by a nice morrocan waiter (And later by an indonesian waiter, both are really nice). the food was beautifully presented the lamb tagine is very smooth and tender. the couscous is also nice. but what we liked best was the spicy paste (harisa?) that went really well with the food. the atmosphere of the restaurant is also nice. overall, it was a great first experience.

1  Thank nengsyalala
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is our second trip to stay at Shangri-La and we were celebrating my 50th birthday. We didn't mention that to the hotel, but they noticed the date on my passport. The service in this restaurant was perfect. They tended to every need we had. The musician was very talented and played music to suit the atmosphere. We had the buffet , it was nice to try all of the different dishes. I have never eaten Morrocan Food before so as far as spice, flavor and quality, I can't compare, but I enjoyed the different dishes very much. I found the Lamb Brain Salad very interesting. Also, the staff surprised me with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me in English and Arabic. They made the end of the evening very special for me.

2  Thank Goldwingnut
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to Marrakech restaurant in shangri la Dubai during a short visit to Dubai with the family. The atmosphere was calming there was a singer with a soft music and this was nice, apart from this the setting and the food were average. There was a buffet which is exactly the same food in the menu. Comparing the prices and the variety of food I suggest to go for the ala cart not the buffet but make sure to have the (basteela) dish which is a very delicious puff stuffed with chicken and nuts it's really yummy. Over all the restaurant and the service were good but not excellent.

1  Thank dr.amal