Stayed here 4 nights for a work trip.
- Very friendly staff
- Room service food was excellent. I had a burger one night and the "chicken shish taouk" which was absolutely delicious.Highly recommend that dish !
- The Indian restaurant on the ground floor "Gharana" is found at the rear of the coffee shop Gem Garden. As another reviewer wrote the food is incredible and locals dine here so you should book on a weekend to avoid disapointment. This food was SUPERB, especially the fish starter which was cooked to perfection. Do not miss this eating experience.
- Did not have time to try the Thai restaurant but if the others are an indication.....
- Rooftop pool was great for cooling off at the end of the business day.
- Location 15-20 minutes from airport - arranged airport pickup - easy !
- 7 minute walk to "Mall of the Emirates" which contains the snow ski slope seen in many TV shows promoting Dubai. (Be very careful crossing the roads - it may be safer to take a taxi there).
-Smoking is permitted in the public bars. When I opened the door to the Q sports bar the smoke from cigarettes and cigars was overpowering. I'm sure this hotel is not alone in Dubai for this but for an Australian this was VERY unwelcome (not to mention unhealthy) and not good for clothes that we all tend to re-use when travelling. The issue is not so bad at the rooftop bar as it is outside but the outside heat is unpleasant there at this time of the year.
- The kettle was missing from my room. The base was there, the tea and coffee facilities but no kettle ? Was replaced quickly when I told staff it was missing.
- I checked the mini bar selection when I arrived to the charge sheet - appeared one item was missing but I thought nothing of it - assumed it was discontinued. Two days later the item (M&Ms) had been replaced by the staff when my room was done and suddenly a charge was added to my bill for something I did not consume. It was removed at checkout and I stated that with the kettle missing and the candy missing that housekeeping had room for improvement.
- I personally hate rooms without irons and ironing boards an refuse to tip for having them brought to the room ! Unless there is a legal/safety reason for this all rooms in hotels should have these basic travel essentials!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha is centrally located on Sheikh Zayed Road next to Mall of the Emirates (Ski Dubai) and Sharaf DG Metro Station. In close proximity to all major business districts and close to Dubai's major leisure and entertainment hubs. The hotel is a 20-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and 45 minutes to Abu Dhabi International Airport and Ferrari World on Yas Island. It offers 309 elegant rooms including 95 spacious suites equipped with the latest facilities keeping in mind the guests comforts and needs. You will be pleasantly surprised with the awe-inspiring atrium of over 6 floors housing the piano lounge and networking facilities offering free WIFI. The hotel features a variety of fabulous dining outlets - Royal Budha - Fine Dining Thai, Gharana - specialty Indian restaurant with live music and The Gem Garden - an all Day dining offering Continental cuisine. Our sophisticated Sports bar, The Q, is designed to deliver a winning blend of entertainment and atmosphere. Indulge in a hearty game of pool or watch a live sporting fixture on massive cinema screens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Dubai-Al Barsha Hotel Dubai