“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #134 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
UK
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at The Holiday Inn Al Barsha Dubai on two occasions, both in 2011.

The service provided by all the staff in this Holiday Inn is special, it is a Holiday Inn and so one has an expectation of the service that will be received well, prepare to be pleasantly surprised.

Every member of staff is polite, welcoming, smiley and willing to make your stay an enjoyable experience.

I moved rooms whilst I was on my last stay, there was nothing wrong with the room I was in, the staff moved all my clothes luggage and sundries. I didn't have to do anything, they hung my shirts and suits in the wardrobes, put my toiletries in the bathroom and they did it with a smile and when they said they would.

The front desk staff call you by name they welcome you back if you are a previous guest. The food is good as well with a choice of dining from seafood to Indian and a lot more in between.

So if you have got to go to Dubai and you don't want to spend a fortune stay at The Holiday Inn Al Barsha, it's 5 star service at a 3 star price.

Room Tip: Rooms that face into the atrium get free Wi Fi in the room.
1 Thank ReidCarson
Holiday-Inn-Cecilia, Executive Secretary at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
To Our Dear Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha!

We thank you for taking time out to convey your appreciation and commendation through Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your feedback!

Once again, we would like to thank you for your time and initiative taken. We at Holiday Inn truly believe that your continuous support will enable us to deliver services which are synonymous with Intercontinental Hotel Groups highly guarded reputation.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel as one of our most valued guests!

Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here in the end of October and had a great stay. Very friendly staff and always got a warm welcome. Nice breakfast buffet with a lot of variety. Lovely room that was cleaned every day with a change of towels, minibar refill etc. There are a few restaurants surrounding the hotel and I strongly recommend you to visit Meem cafe close to mall of emirates. As a Swede you are quite picky about your coffe but I loved it at this place and the staff here i so nice!
The hotel is walking distance to mall of emirates and cost about 15 dirham to got o Jumeirah beach from here with the taxi. Lovely white sandy beach with turqouise water.
The hotel has a small but nice and clean pool on the roof top and the bar area on the roof is also great. We had roomservice once and that was good to.
I would recommend anyone to choose this hotel for their stay!

2 Thank rutgersdotter

Greetings!

Thank you very much for letting us know through Trip Advisor that we have made you satisfied during your stay, as we are really committed to our guests to provide the excellent and 5 star services!

Please trust that the voice of our customer is highly important to us and it will help us to continue our tradition of focusing on what really matters most to our guests.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is a great place to stay.

I consider this my home when I’m in Dubai because I spend so much time here.
The rooms are spacious and well set up, clean and convenient. The internet works all the time and supports Skype and if you actually have a problem with it they will provide support.
They offer a Sushi bar, couple other restaurants and sports. The breakfast is offered in yet another restaurant where you will find a variety of food there. It’s a proper breakfast buffet.
I order room service here, which is always good but is not really expensive. But if I’m not jet lagged, I eat at the “Food and Drink” ( a mom and pops place) next door.
I’ve also conducted and taken part in meeting at the business center where the room were clean and they provided everything thing you would expect out of a conference room including a projector.
Transportation is super easy. They have taxi’s waiting outside the door for you basically 24 hours a day, there a rental car place next door and its right next to the Mall of the emirates.
Drawbacks:
The business center was being remodeled. So I had a difficult time having some documents scanned recently and they wanted to charge me for it.
Altogether, this place is super convenient for work and life.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith-Carrie
Holiday-Inn-Cecilia, Executive Secretary at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha. Informative feedback such as yours inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the superior level of service they have come to expect from the Holiday Inn brand.

Your generous praises to our accommodation, facilities, location are very gratefully received and they are really helpful to all trip advisors viewers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We look forward to once again make your stay with us be an exceptional one!

Executive Secretary
shropshire
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn's around the world and would say this would be one of the better one's. I had a very early flight in so arrived at the hotel early hoping but not expecting a room. The service I recieved was excellent all staff tried very hard to accomodate us and a room was ready within an hour well before check in time. Even when we got into our room we had a call from the desk asking if our room was alright. Large room on the curve of the building which was clean and tidy, large excellent bathroom with nice toiletries, Bed very comfortable and had no problems sleeping 8+ hours a night. Throughout our stay calls to our room with top ups of anything we needed. All staff from service desk to bar,restaurant, security etc where all pleasant and helpfull and we felt very comfortable here. Position of hotel is easy to get to with metro only a few hundred metres away which can take you to most places you need to get to on a short break. Travelled from airport straight here which was about 8AED. Nice pool on roof with views of 6 lane traffic but see beyond that is the Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa and in the distance the Atlantis. I would certainly return to this hotel for value and hospitality

2 Thank mikefShropshire
To Our Dear Guest,

On behalf of Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha team, we would like to thank you for the valued time you've spent in sharing your thoughts through the Trip Advisor. We are really happy that you have been satisfied during your stay with us!

Great reviews and comments will help and inspire us to continue our tradition of focusing on what really matters most to our guests!

We will definitely do our level best to suffice all your needs and to provide you the satisfaction and good quality of services on your next visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha as one of our valued and esteemed guest!

Executive Secretary
Le Vaud, Switzerland
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Last time, I had a large room with a study seating area. This time I was told they had upgraded me so I am writing this in a study area, I have a sitting room, separate bedroom, one lavatory and a huge bathroom with WC etc plus two balconies. Good facilities with pool, beauty salon (with very nice obliging staff), choice of bars and restaurants etc. The staff are polite and helpful. There were a couple of small problems when I arrived (internet lead too short, pillow case damaged and balconies unswept) but these were dealt with immediately by two smiling members of staff who kept apologising. It is located in walking distance to the metro station and the Mall of the Emirates (the one with the ski resort!). Breakfast is plentiful with a choice of traditional Arabic and British style foods as well as Indian and SE Asian foods, lots of bread and cakes, and lashings of fresh fruit. The only downside is there is no decent view and the shades of beige and brown furnishings are rather bland; however, the corridors smell gorgeous as they are perfumed with a gentle incense smell!

1 Thank Lesley Philippa S
Holiday-Inn-Cecilia, Executive Secretary to the GM at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 16, 2011

Limassol
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Just came back form a ten day trip in Dubai where I stayed for another time at Barsha Holiday inn. As a frequent business traveller I go to Dubai often for long business trips and till now I tried many places. Holiday Inn is the ideal place for me and that was my third time there. The main reasons for my excellent stay are the below:

Room-which had an adeqaue size, very clean with big clean bathroom. More important was also the sleep quality..As a light sleeper I usually have problems because of the noise but at holiday inn i ve never had such a problem.

Dining- The hotel has a numbEr of restaurants with excellent food. Both Lebanese and Asian restaurants were my favorites. The hotel had also some theme nights for dining and I tried both Mexican and Italian. Both choices were really good with delicious food at very reasonable price...if I rememebr well it was around 120 AED with unlimited drinks (alcoholic too).

Gym-Although small it is well equiped with caring staff.

Location-excellent location at new Dubai area between two metro stations. Mall of the emirates is also 5 minutes walk away from the hotel which is like an oasis in the hot and humid weather of dubai.

I would definetley stay again at Barsha Holiday Inn and I strongly recommend it to other travellers too.

2 Thank Ncholas-CYP
Holiday-Inn-Cecilia, Executive Secretary to the GM at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We look forward to once again make your stay with us to be an exceptional one!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2011

check in was painless and we recieved a nice upgraded room and a complimentary chocolate cake! Everything was pretty good, clean and good air-con with a decent sized room. It is a litle bit far away from places you would want to go - like the Dubai Mall and souks, but taxis are cheap and always available.
Over the few days that we where there, we found the service to be lacking. Items that where supposed to be in our room, like an iron and ironing board, and international converter where not. we asked for a international converter and housekeeping said they would bring us one, but it never arrived. We also asked at the front desk if they would mind calling a tour company we had booked through to confirm our booking - they refused to do this as they had an affiliation with another tour company. That is just ridiculous!
we asked them to book a "regular" taxi for us to take us to the airport, but they tried very hard to get us to take one of the hotel taxis (a lot more expensive). If we had wanted a hotel taxi then I would of said that.
The swimming pool on the roof is very small, but adequate.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are in town for a couple of days, just dont expect great service.

1 Thank TKOR2011

Greetings!

Thank you for taking your precious time in sharing your thoughts through trip advisor. We appreciate your valuable comments which have been passed to our concerned associates, who certainly will look after your feedbacks.

Your comments will help us continue our tradition of focusing on what really matters most to our guests.

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel!