“Too expensive for what you get” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tulip Inn FZ LLC

Tulip Inn FZ LLC
Ranked #448 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Too expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The location is convenient if you plan to go to the Knowledge Village Dubai. Large rooms and quiet location. Free Internet at great speeds (wired or WiFi). Great view from half of the rooms.
Too expensive for the offer. Old furniture, dirty terrace and windows, bad food options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Hotel is very near to the knowledge village and for the Dubai internet city as well as Dubai Media City, it is clean and Organized , i would strongly recommend it in your Business trip, but the worst thing that it is far away from the metro station and city center, so if you want to take a night tour after work you have to take a Taksi

Overall i will go there each time i go for a BT but definitely not for a vacation tour in Dubai.

Room Tip: most of the rooms have no good view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a few days at this hotel in November. Location pretty good for exploring most of Dubai area. Rooms are average - we stayed in one of the better rooms which was spacious, but pretty tired in many areas which is a common theme throughout the hotel.

Staff friendly, though check in and check out could have been improved with a bit more speed and interaction with customers.

This hotel is ideal if you just want a base for exploring but if you're planning to spend time here during the day etc or want a 'glitzy' hotel that most people expect of Dubai then I suggest you stay elsewhere.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Please!!! If you have any regard for hygiene do not stay here!
Not sure if the owner just does not care or is too lazy to do anything.
This really is the filthy hotel you read about people!
I don't even want to touch the light switch in case I get sick from the germs and dirt that clings to it.
The water for the shower is brown, the carpets are covered in stains, the tables still have a years worth of spill stains, they have put an air purifier in the room, it doesn't work!!!
This is generally an absolute pig sty!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lindsey L
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 weeks and was disappointed to find the service level to be very average. The rooms had only a LAN based internet connection. Only the rooms above the lobby had WIFI picking up from the lobby WIFI range. The A/C unit in 2 different rooms I tried during my stay had no temperature controls so was completely inadequate in the hot climate of Dubai.

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby only get a average WIFI coverage rest all have LAN connection.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I think this is a 3 star hotel, and I had to remember that I was in a foreign country. Still I expected more since it was located in the Knowledge Village and this hotel seemed to be an exclusive.
We spent several nights in the Lilac Suite on the Lobby level. We arrived in the evening. Initial appearance was not good. While it was a large room and looked okay, things were falling apart. The workmanship was very poor.
The faucet on the sink was literally off the sink and moved everytime you touched it. The magnifying mirror was coming apart and almost off the wall. I touched one side and the screw fell off. Screwed that one in and the other screw fell off. Then it almost came off the wall. Same for the hand towel rack and the hand held shower holder. The safe didn't work, low battery.
There were not enough towels, they didn't have wash cloths. The sheet on the bed had a black stain that looked like oil, the pillow case had to be changed, and the two love seats that were in the room, one had several stains on it. I made them clean everything.
My husband got upset when he stepped on a piece of plastic, (they said it was from the sliding door), that almost went into his foot. (Good thing there is a medi clinic attached to the lobby. Had it gone in his foot, he would have been there). I made them vacuum the whole place that night. I also gave the young man who was helping us, a written list of everthing that needed to be done, so that he could give to his supervisor. My husband also sent an email to the gentleman who arranged our stay.
The next morning after breakfast I meet with a man who reportedly was their engineer. I think he got embarrassed after a 4 inch screw fell out underneath the sink, when I touched the faucet. He offered to change my room, but I declined and informed him that he was not going to do to anyone else, what had happened to us. I wanted everything repaired, then I would decide. Took them all morning and half the afternoon to make the repairs.
I also met with a woman who identified herself as the Housekeeping manager. She informed me that the stain on the sheet was not oil, but from the iron. Wasn't buying it and had a nice talk with her. I was ready to offer my services and go through every room in that hotel...
After it was all the repairs were completed, it wasn't such a bad room.
You could see that they tried to renovate the bathroom. The toliet, sink, and tub looked relatively new, it just that the workmanship was poorly done. But to leave it like that???
There were 2 loveseats, a coffee table inbetween, flat screen TV. Another table for eating, a desk, and a king size bed. It was very spacious. The cleaning woman worked very hard to keep it clean and provided us with ample towels.
There were many apologies and they sent us coffee, tea, fruit platter, cakes, cookies, etc., (not that we asked for anything). When I questioned why we were receiving these products, I was told we were VIPS. (In my view we should have been VIPS when we walked through the doors, as paying customers, not after we complained. The office that arranged our stay, also gave their imput).
None the less, they did rectify the matter, and it did not repeat itself. (I also saw the management staff every morning around breakfast time, they were stuck with me...).
Otherwise, the restaurant was clean and the staff there made every effort to help us. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, and all was fine. Not sure if it's owned by the hotel or independent.
Air conditioner worked well, it was 107(f), outside, didn't break down.
Although internet service came with our room and we had a router, the wifi didn't work well and keep dropping. It was constant in the lobby and the restaurant.
Did not see any insects.
Although the hotel is located in the Knowledge Village, several of the taxi drivers did not know where to drop us off. Therefore, I recommend that if you take a cab, that you ask them 1st if they know where the hotel is. Twice we were dropped off in another area and had to walk in the late evening to the hotel, in the heat.
There is no pool, but I was told that I could use the pool facilities at the Tulip Inn apartment complex. Did not go, cause of the taxi situation. Did not want to risk not finding my way back to the hotel, by myself.

Room Tip: If your going to stay here, ask for the Lilac Suite in the corner, on the Lobby level. With all the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tibor S
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We only stayed for a night: the hotel was difficult to find: located around the back of a building block. The facilities were okay: it was all clean and the lobby was spacious. The staff were not very helpful: I asked for help as my air-con was too cool and could not be altered, but nobody felt compentent enough to help.
I think the location is practical if visiting anyone on any of the university campuses located around. In order to get to the skytrain you realistically need about 15-20 minutes and also need to cross a very big road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends