“I wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grand Grill

The Grand Grill
Ranked #637 of 9,470 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Marina
“I wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was here as part of a group 7pm to 9pm sitting.
We had a private room for a group of 9.
The food was very mediocre. You would have had better chicken in Nandos!
The beef ribs were so fatty it was difficult to find any meat on them.
The chicken was average and I had to put some condiment on mine to actually give it some taste.
I ordered a bowl of French Fries / chips and when it arrived I thought they had brought me a Childs portion, either that or it looked like someone had actually stolen some from the small bowl.
Service was pretty poor, one of our group asked for a toothpick and on the 4th attempt some were brought to the table.

In defense, we had a birthday within our party, Gorgeous Cheesecake was brought out and the guys came in with the drums and sang for the birthday guest.
Good company and the birthday treat was the only saving grace.
I will not be returning in future.

• Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“The not-so-enjoyable Underground Pub experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I did not stay in the hotel itself, but just with a group of friends tonight looking for dinner, we decided to try the Underground Pub which is one of the outlets.

First with the positives. The food is of a decent quality and is moderately priced. It is also definitely an English pub atmosphere.

Now the negatives, the food servings were smaller than I expected for the type of cuisine. A pub meal will generally leave you bursting whereas this meal, though I was full, left me thinking my money should have gone further.
The main concern which led me to write this review was the service provided. In general, everything was cleared a little too quickly and we were rushed. We were still nibbling our food remains and the waitresses were coming around saying "oh look, come on and finish, you only have one left". The same can be said for the drinks when they were nearing the bottom.
At one stage, I had half my drink left and I was asked if I was finished and did I want another. Even when we asked for the bill, the waitress replied "order another drink first".
The cherry on top actually came at the start of the night. One of my mates (a gentleman) ordered a sweeter martini that was on the menu, the waitress reply was " that's a ladies drink though". You simply have no right to judge what a paying customer wants to order and consume.

To summarize, not a single one of our group of 8 will ever be returning and we will ensure anybody we know also never visits this place.

oman/maderia/singapore
“brilliant service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

had all the staff singing happy birthday to my mum provided a cake too which made it really special.tables inside more specail dont go on a thursday noisy outside

Visited April 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Place, Nice Food, Ok Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

As is custom we tried something new and were happy with The Grand Grill. We eat early so the place was not busy. I like the decor and service was good. The food was tasty as well. The outdoor view was not great even though it was a stones throw from the beach. Would recommend it if you like steaks and the African flair.

• Visited October 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great for a birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We visited the Grand Grill for my daughter's 11 birthday as she is a great fan of steak. The Grand Grill can be a bit hit or miss but tonight it was a hit. All the steaks were full of flavor and cooked exactly as requested. The chicken livers for starter were also very spicy. However, the best feature is the African Birthday song that the staff sing with great energy and verve. Whilst not the cheapest, it is also not as expensive as some of the other Dubai Steakhouse's. We will return there again.

• Visited October 2012