“Amazing so good we went twice”
Review of Pai Thai

Pai Thai
Ranked #68 of 9,933 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arrive by abra and take your seat overlooking Madinat’s serene waterways – the perfect accompaniment to PaiThai’s gourmet cuisine. The lavishly decorated terrace and traditional culinary sensations culminate in a quintessential Thai experience, where it’s all too easy let your mind wander to the River of Kings. Pai Thai won Best South East Asian Restaurant for the fourth consecutive year.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thai cuisine, culture and service at its ultimate best.
We felt transported to a different place and along with a little entertainment from a Thai dancer, it was extremely atmospheric.
Red Thai Beef Curry was outstanding - beef just melted in your mouth and the sauce was a perfect combination of sweet, salty and spicy.
Great with children and a good selection of food choices.
The sharing starter is a good choice so you can try more and the prawn and squid money bags were a particular favourite as an alternate starter along with the seafood salad.
Definitely recommend as one of the best places to eat within the resort. Truly outstanding.

Hossam B, Manager at Pai Thai, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I passed on the message to the team and they were very happy to hear that you enjoyed the taste of the food, the atmosphere and entertainment.

Pai Thai Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location is very nice, on the artificial canals of the madinat. Although the canal could do with some maintenance and you probably do not want to sit outside during the summer months. Prices are also reasonable.

Sadly the food is mediocre, most other Thai restaurants in Dubai offer better. Also important to note is that the famous smiling Thai service is delivered by the ubiquitous Indians pretending to be Thai. I think I spotted only two genuine Thais.

1  Thank jadedexpat

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team, we are really sorry about bad experience. We have noted your comments about the quality of food you had and I would like to inform you that we have taken the necessary steps to amend the issues you highlighted.

I hope that despite this experience you will visit us again soon. Please ask for me in person so I can directly reassure you that what happened was a one-off situation and we have dealt with it accordingly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Restaurant is in a great setting alongside a man-made waterway, arrived by dhow to be greated by pleasant smiling staff. Great service and astounding food. Booking is a must if you want to eat at your preferred time.

Hossam B, Manager at Pai Thai, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your comments. I passed on the message to the team and they were glad to hear that you enjoyed the quality of food and the level of service you have received.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Its great. Fantastic food. Great service .nice view tables. Many security asked u where u wanna go?also boats asking. So better to reservation a table and take the confirm num. Its easy by call or mobile web at jumeirah.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I passed on the message to the team and they were very happy to hear that the quality of food and level of service you have received were up to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you again at pai Thai.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I are both Thai food lovers after visiting several Different parts of Thailand over the years. We know what we like and we know when we are being served oil in a bowl rather than the deep luxurious taste you should get from the various Thai curries. This said anyone who visits Dubai and wants a Thai treat need look no further than Pai Thai. I ordered the Tom yum soup and a side salad for starters both were amazing probably the best Tom yum soup I have ever had. My main was the red duck curry which again was sheer quality, the duck itself was succulent and soft and the currie sauce oozed with texture. My wife likes the massaman currie but with prawns instead of beef, this was not a problem for the chef and he happily obliged. Service was very good but probably better the first time we went rather than the second but still good. Overall an excellent restaurant with a great chef we will be back.

1  Thank esaxs57
Hossam B, Manager at Pai Thai, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your comments. I passed on the message to the team and they were glad to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience, however I was seriously concerned the second time you visited, the level of service has declined a little and I assure you that the team is aware of the shortfall and I promise that won't happen again.