“Super Meal”

Ranked #200 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Dublin Ireland
“Super Meal”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a super dinner in the Mamma Mia Italian restaurant. The service and food was superb they very kindly give complimentry olives and flat bread. their pasta dishes are freshly cooked very generous helpings. I would highly recommend this reataurant.

Georgina

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank GeorgieDublinIreland
Murad M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for the great comment about Mamma Mia Restaurant .We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent experience in Radisson Blu Dubai Marina.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is my second time at this hotel, and I must confess to revisiting this time base dona good experience (and review) last time.

But based on my second visit, I am not sure I would come back a third time. All rooms are good sized apartments with reasonably well equipped kitchens, living rooms and some with 1-2 bedrooms. No complaint here and no reason to be put off - its all fine!

The problem is the outside noise - the hotel is situated right outside some large scale construction works for the new tramline, making the lower floors that face the main road exceptionally noisy with road works late into the night and early morning hours. The whole room will rattle and shake when the road drills start digging.

Rooms on the first 3 flloors in this corner are unacceptable and it is simply not possible to sleep - asking to change rooms may or may not work depending on the luck of the day and room availability - for me it worked but only after one night of sufffering!

Frankly - the hotel should not be renting these rooms out (107-111) (207, 209) until as such time as the construction work is done. My first room was 111 which you should refuse and move to another hotel is you are offered. Try to get a room on floor 4 upwards, it is the only way to guarantee a nights peace.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dwatkinsuk
Murad M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize regarding the noise from the road side . Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a gold member of the Carlson club and have stayed in many Blu hotels globally but this particular hotel by no means deserves the Radisson Blu label - the rooms are large apartment type but filled with "cheap" substandard furniture, housekeeping is exceptionally poor with no replenishment of tea nor of the basic bathroom amenities on a daily basis. The internet (wi-fi) is so slow it is unbelievable although slow internet seems to be quite common across Radisson as I have experienced similar problems in Chile / Australia.

I would not recommend this hotel at all

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectation.
dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Top to bottom, a great hotel for the price with excellent service and numerous other qualities. We were pampered from the moment we arrived till we checked out. I highly recommend the Radisson Blu Dubai Marina to all business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Tony G
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your amazing comments. Our aim is to ensure every guest has the experience you had. I hope to welcome you back soon.
nyc
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for 2 days in a 2 bedroom apartment. 1st thing, location is excellent, very convenient to the beach and The Walk & easy to get to other places. The rooms are large and clean. The staff courteous and friendly, eager to help. The place has an apartment yet hotel feel. The shower is great and if you like it hot, it surely gets there. Nice views. Very decent place, I didn't have any complaints. Its not luxurious but its not shabby either.
Didn't eat or drink there. Very nice gym & pool areas.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments I really appreciate your feedback.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights while our house was being packed up and when we were moving in we stayed 100m up the road at the Nuran Apartments. Nuran was better hands down.

I will start with the good points;
- It is in a convenient location; Marina is great when you are spending a little time in Dubai or finding your feet, there are restaurants, bars, shops, and you can get to other places easily.
- It does have pretty much what you will need to live there down to the toaster

Now, the not so good parts;
- Rooms are a bit tired; don't get me wrong they are not "bad" but they are worn out and need a refurb and many small things that have broken and that they haven't bothered to fix
- Service can be really bad; it is Dubai just about everyone is nice but when the first room that we were shown stank so bad that we couldn't stay in it we had to battle a bit to get it changed and even then they "forgot" again and left my wife waiting for an hour with our two toddlers in the room and we only got to go to the new one when I came back
- Noisy; This one is a bit subjective and it wasn't as if we had trouble sleeping with any noise but we certainly had trouble talking on the balcony trying to shout over the noise from Sheik Zayed Road

In other words having tried both this and Nuran (which are around the same price) I would go back to the Nuran over this every time.

Room Tip: They call is an "upgrade" but try to get a room as far from Sheik Zayed Road as possible...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rand0m_Th0ughts
Thank you for your detailed feedback. Please allow me to investigate your comments. I apologies for that your experience was not as it should. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Norway
Reviewed January 9, 2014

First of all I want to warn everybody about HotWire. We were recommeded to use Hotwire by firends. We had no good experience. We asked for 5 star hotel at Jumeira Beach. According to their policy we had to pay before we knew what hotel we got. We were very surprised when we found that it was RB we got. This is not a hotel, but a recidence (which means they have no bar and few other facilities). The price we paid was 3% lower than their set price for this hotel!!! Never ever Hotwire.
The Marina district was nice, apart from the fact that they were digging up the streets to make tram rails. We would recommed a visit to 52nd floor at Mariott Marina, wonderful view.
As for the staff: We had to ask three times for an extra bed in one of the apartments. They knew that 5 people should stay there, but we didn't get the bed until our third day. One of our sons went away earlier and left some Christmas presents he did not have room for in his suitcase, for me to take home for him. I had to ask several times over three days before the stuff was delivered to my room.
One nice thing: The pool was heated! That was nice this time of the year. As everybody else who has "city view" we had terrible noise from the high-way. The rooms on 15th floor were worse off than the rooms of 4th, so I don't agree with those who say you should stay high up (looked as if the new built hotel close by was finished). I am sure the area will be nice again when the tram is ready. There are not many pedestrian areas in Dubai, but you will find the JBR and Marina walk here. Nice. We had a couple of nice meals at Mama Mia and the asian restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I will certainly review your feedback to ensure we continue to deliver fantastic service to all of our guests.