“A great hotel destination in Dubai Marina”

Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina
Ranked #194 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A great hotel destination in Dubai Marina”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Top to bottom, a great hotel for the price with excellent service and numerous other qualities. We were pampered from the moment we arrived till we checked out. I highly recommend the Radisson Blu Dubai Marina to all business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Tony G
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your amazing comments. Our aim is to ensure every guest has the experience you had. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nyc
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for 2 days in a 2 bedroom apartment. 1st thing, location is excellent, very convenient to the beach and The Walk & easy to get to other places. The rooms are large and clean. The staff courteous and friendly, eager to help. The place has an apartment yet hotel feel. The shower is great and if you like it hot, it surely gets there. Nice views. Very decent place, I didn't have any complaints. Its not luxurious but its not shabby either.
Didn't eat or drink there. Very nice gym & pool areas.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments I really appreciate your feedback.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights while our house was being packed up and when we were moving in we stayed 100m up the road at the Nuran Apartments. Nuran was better hands down.

I will start with the good points;
- It is in a convenient location; Marina is great when you are spending a little time in Dubai or finding your feet, there are restaurants, bars, shops, and you can get to other places easily.
- It does have pretty much what you will need to live there down to the toaster

Now, the not so good parts;
- Rooms are a bit tired; don't get me wrong they are not "bad" but they are worn out and need a refurb and many small things that have broken and that they haven't bothered to fix
- Service can be really bad; it is Dubai just about everyone is nice but when the first room that we were shown stank so bad that we couldn't stay in it we had to battle a bit to get it changed and even then they "forgot" again and left my wife waiting for an hour with our two toddlers in the room and we only got to go to the new one when I came back
- Noisy; This one is a bit subjective and it wasn't as if we had trouble sleeping with any noise but we certainly had trouble talking on the balcony trying to shout over the noise from Sheik Zayed Road

In other words having tried both this and Nuran (which are around the same price) I would go back to the Nuran over this every time.

Room Tip: They call is an "upgrade" but try to get a room as far from Sheik Zayed Road as possible...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rand0m_Th0ughts
Thank you for your detailed feedback. Please allow me to investigate your comments. I apologies for that your experience was not as it should. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Norway
Reviewed January 9, 2014

First of all I want to warn everybody about HotWire. We were recommeded to use Hotwire by firends. We had no good experience. We asked for 5 star hotel at Jumeira Beach. According to their policy we had to pay before we knew what hotel we got. We were very surprised when we found that it was RB we got. This is not a hotel, but a recidence (which means they have no bar and few other facilities). The price we paid was 3% lower than their set price for this hotel!!! Never ever Hotwire.
The Marina district was nice, apart from the fact that they were digging up the streets to make tram rails. We would recommed a visit to 52nd floor at Mariott Marina, wonderful view.
As for the staff: We had to ask three times for an extra bed in one of the apartments. They knew that 5 people should stay there, but we didn't get the bed until our third day. One of our sons went away earlier and left some Christmas presents he did not have room for in his suitcase, for me to take home for him. I had to ask several times over three days before the stuff was delivered to my room.
One nice thing: The pool was heated! That was nice this time of the year. As everybody else who has "city view" we had terrible noise from the high-way. The rooms on 15th floor were worse off than the rooms of 4th, so I don't agree with those who say you should stay high up (looked as if the new built hotel close by was finished). I am sure the area will be nice again when the tram is ready. There are not many pedestrian areas in Dubai, but you will find the JBR and Marina walk here. Nice. We had a couple of nice meals at Mama Mia and the asian restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I will certainly review your feedback to ensure we continue to deliver fantastic service to all of our guests.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed for a week at the beginning of December in a corner apartment, which had great views and which I did not want to leave by the end of the trip! There is some building work adjacent to the hotel (although not audible over the air-con) but I think that has been factored into the room prices, which compare well with other hotels of the same standard in the area. The Marina is awesome and the public beach is only a ten minute walk away. The nearest mall (with cinema) and hotel bar is a five minute walk. Having visited several other hotels during my stay (the only places where you can drink) this was definitely my favourite, probably because I prefer the modern Radisson design and because of the location. My only humble suggestions for improvement would be for the hotel to obtain an alcohol licence and more satellite channels, put up some pictures in apartment lounges which don't currently have them (there is minimalism and then there is spartan!) and improve the quality of the cooked breakfasts. All of the staff were really friendly and helpful, apart from one woman on reception (although I think that may have been in part due to language difficulties). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Marc T
Thank you for your response and detailed feedback, I truly appreciate your comments.
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in September with my parents for four days before going on to Singapore. We had originally booked to stay in the Radisson downtown but were booked out due to an exhibition and upgraded from standard room to a one bedroom and two bedroom suite. This was a great start to our holiday as the rooms are very spacious and my parents had a great view to the marina even though we were only on the 1st floor. I would say the only downside is that the staff on the reception don't always seem to be able to help you and they have to call someone else to come out and attend, which I found a bit odd meaning you stand around waiting. The location of being in the marina is great, there are some lovely restaurants and we went in a boat trip around it one day. Would recommend going on the metro, its an experience, however taxis can get you easier access to places such as the malls and the coast. Overall a great trip in Dubai and a lovely hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AimeeManny
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback, our strategy is to continue to improve and ensure all of our guests leave with a positive experience.
Finland
Reviewed December 7, 2013

3 weeks in a hotel. That’s the longest period for me. We stayed in Radisson Blu Marina the first 3 weeks after moving to Dubai. We had a one bedroom suite obviously with separate bedroom, bathroom, balcony, quest toilet, living room and kitchen.

The decoration was nice and fresh. We had a balcony facing Sheikh Zayed road which meant that the noise was horrible also during the night (I am not very sensitive to noise but this was a bit too much). Our toddler has his own rollaway bed which was broken and not really 5* style. We also had a problem in the bathroom. After taking a shower, the floor was flooding (I noticed there was a hole in the tiles and the water was coming out from there).

We ordered food twice from the room menu. The pizzas from Mamma Mia were ok but with a high price. The other restaurant was a joke. We ordered some snacks (hot dog/mini hamburger or something) from there but couldn’t eat those because they were so tasteless and cold. The restaurant has after our stay changed name and style, hopefully the food is better now. Breakfast was disappointing. We had breakfast downstairs during the first week but after that started cooking in basic breakfast in the room.

There was a small but nice playing area for children next to the pool area. Our toddler loved it but it may be a bit boring for older kids. The pool area was nice with separate children's pool. The only problem was the awful noise coming from the building site next door. I went to the gym once. It was ok but quite small.

Service in the hotel was very good though. All the people we had contact were very helpful and smiley. Our cleaning guy was fantastic and gave a lot of attention to our little one. Location is quite convenient. Short walk from the Marina and also metro which is quite a convenient way to travel to the biggest malls (MoE, Dubai Mall, Ibn Battuta). There is also Marina mall almost next door and JBR walk with dining and shopping possibilities a short walk away.

This is a residence and you kind of feel it in the atmosphere. Radisson Blu Marina residence is a nice choice if you have to stay for a longer period/travelling with small baby but if I was on a holiday, I would prefer a traditional hotel with a bar (and a minibar that has also something stronger than Barbican;) and wider choice of amenities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest for this period. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.