“No wifi for non residents”

Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina
Ranked #205 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Dropped in for lunch. Couldn't get wifi code. Told to go to Starbucks. Pathetic given we were paying guests of a different kind. The staff in the Asian restaurant were lovely tho, not their fault. Meal quite nice and good value

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Please accept me sincere appologies for the WIFI challenges. Please contact me directly and i will treat you to lunch whilst enjoying the Free WIFI. Please contact Murad.maree@radissonblu.com

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina

Reviewed October 23, 2013

(2010 i came wont let me put that date) Stayed here for 2 nights during my 5 weeks in dubai, it was really expensive, but really nice. All essentials in the room (well apartment as it was massive) lovely massive balcony, comfy bed, kitchen everything you need really. Would recommend and would stay again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your lovely mail. Three years is a long time without visiting us again. I hope we can make it happen in the very near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here recently and were really happy with the room. Studio was large and we hired a roll away bed and there was still plenty of room. Breakfast options aren't great, so we walked down to the Marina Mall which was just a few minutes away. Some really good restaurants in the mall interestingly enough! Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback I will certainly follow up your comments regarding the breakfast.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here on business for 5 nights, here are the highs and lows:

Check in/check out: we arrived on an early morning flight and had booked our rooms from the night before so we could check straight in, sleep, shower and recuperate before our lunchtime meetings. We were surprised when we were told our rooms weren't ready when we arrived however to be fair they sorted this out fast. Check out however was a lamentably slow, 25 minute affair for no discernible reason - 7 of us checking out and 2 staff on the desk, it should have been far faster.

Service: was polite and efficient everywhere else I went in the hotel.

Rooms: I got upgraded to a bigger one bed apartment but the rooms are spacious, fairly modern (but in no way opulent) clean and presentable. Nothing fantastic but perfectly serviceable. One important point to make is that this place is not a hotel, it is serviced apartments that some people stay in for extended periods of time. Probably also worth saying that this property is right next to the highway so if you're bothered by road noise then make sure you get a room on a high floor or don't stay here at all, the double glazing is good but doesn't block all the road noise.

Eating and drinking: As it's not a hotel there is no alcohol served in this property so don't expect a beer by the pool or with your meals! Breakfast is a 3 star affair, no great choice but does the job and the restaurant serves Asian food for the rest of the day. We only had one lunch there but the food was good and the portions are massive.

Pool & gym: The pool only gets the sun up until midday so don't expect to get much of a tan here and although the gym is small it is equipped with brand spanking new kit.

So overall this hotel is not competing with Dubai's top hotels which are often spectacularly good but come with a corresponding price tag so if you're on business, not fussed about drinking and need to be near the marina then this place is an option. If you're here on holiday I would recommend paying a little more if you can and upgrading to a hotel that caters a bit more for tourists, it will be worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonic99

Thank you for your feedback and I apologies for the negative impact the construction had to your stay. I am pleased to say that the external construction noise has now subsided. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you can have a good night’s rest.

I extend my apology for the poor check out experience, I will personally investigate as we pride ourselves on delivering fantastic service and experiences to all of our guests.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recently stayed two nights at this property on our way home on a short stopover. Positive was that they had a room for us at 9am when we arrived which was great as we were very tired...room was ok. Refreshed and really large apartment style room but still slightly dated and mundane styling. Was nice to be able to spread out, air con worked well and bed was comfy. Front reception staff were nice but it depended who you spoke to as to how helpful they could actually be with asking any directions or advice.

Sleep quality was terrible. We had a room on the 2nd floor and found it hard to sleep during the day when we needed a catch up nap after a long flight (freeway and construction noise) and also at night when the construction noise seemed to reach a peak. The 2nd night in particular was really bad, trucks beeping and grinding seemingly right outside our windows contributed to a really bad nights sleep.

Pool area was nice and pool a great size, but it was a shame the poolside bar and lounge was closed the entire time we were there, would have been nice to enjoy a drink or relax with a snack etc

All in all it was fairly good value as the room was ok, fairly modern, clean and tidy with a good tv and selection of english channels etc...i would not recommend to any friends if the construction is still going on.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Although I had a good rate at this hotel I'm a Gold Elite status at Club Carlson yet was still given a room overlooking the motorway. This was not great but it was even worse that there are workmen causing much noise at night.

Honestly, as this hotel dosen't ensure a Gold Elite status member is given a room overlooking the marina then I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you pay a fortune (in which case it's also not worth it). Shame as I had high hopes tfor this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your mail. I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience whilst at the hotel. Please can you send your contact details to Murad.Maree@radissonblu.com so we can discuss on a personal level. Many thanks.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

For some odd reason on this trip I had two taxi drivers who could not find this hotel. Which is strange since it is pretty centrally located in the Dubai Marina area. I put it down to how Dubai keeps building like topsy making it hard to know what got built and where (not to mention when).

I picked this hotel mainly because (for Dubai) it was reasonably priced. That is to say it merely expensive and not stupidly so.

The facilities were fine and the rooms were large. The breakfast felt a bit overpriced for what was offered, but since you get a fridge and cooker in your room, you can always skip it and make your own.

There is a small general store close by if you need to purchase things to cook.

The view is ok if you like views of other tall buildings and sand. But hey it is Dubai did you expect snow capped peaks and pristine air ?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I apologies for the poor quality of the taxi`s within the City. I have to say the Taxi drivers generally have good knowledge and most often find the best way around. Thank you for your other feedback, I will certainly follow up on your comments.