Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
WeljoSA
Cape Town Central, South Africa

Wonderful Stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 11, 2013
We stayed here a few nights at the end of September 2012 and had a wonderful stay. We were amazed and impressed by the size and ultra modern style of the apartments and amenities – you can get lost in there if you are not careful. Our apartment was self catering, but there was also an option to eat breakfast downstairs at the restaurant, which we didn’t do as there are so many restaurants to try in Dubai itself. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, albeit the frequent communication barriers. We were also very much impressed with the fitness center and swimming pool area, really top class; and the dim lighting in the hallways, as well as designated quiet areas throughout the residence gave it a feeling of tranquility. The Residence has 2 restaurants (none licensed) and is walking distance from the Jumeirah Beach Residence and the Marina Mall. There is sufficient Taxi's around but for the trips at night to Dubai City center itself we booked a car service the staff recommended for a very good price.
Date of stay: September 2012
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Feb 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I really am delighted you had a great stay,
$101
3.9 miles from The Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina
Pool
View more hotels in Dubai
1,456 results
All reviews dubai marina ramesh kumar washing machine two bedroom apartment long stay cleaning service min walk jbr walk hotel is located metro station house keeping business trip comfortable stay enjoyed my stay special thanks early check special mention
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2013

First off, we booked a room by pictures sent to us via email. When we checked in though the room they put us in was NOT the room we agreed to. But by then it was getting late and we had already signed the MONTH contract! Entering into the room, the furniture was outdated 10 years ago! Then the room we are in is facing the construction! So from early in the morning to night all you hear is their working! There is NEVER any peace! I am not here to sight see everyday I am here long term so spending a day or two here and there inside the hotel is expected and hoping for peace and quiet is all I can do! On top of that the balcony door doesn't shut all the way so the noise of Sheik Zayed and the construction leaks through the sliding door like water through a crack!

Staying here with my children, they were excited to go down to the pool. Well looking over to the pool there is a blocked area where they are fixing something. Since the area needs to be fixed I then notice that the water is NOT filtering properly (inlet jets being the overflow over the sides but the water level was lowered due to damaged corner area). Been here a week and still haven't seen any work to fix the problem areas. It's safe to say my kids will not be going swimming again any time soon down there!

Now, the first full day here at the hotel no one came to replenish the towels and do the daily clean and vacuuming so I called down to ask a very important question to me. "Does this hotel clean the rooms daily?". Which had a response of, "Of course!". I then replied with, "Well my rooms was not cleaned today :-/" (it was around 7:30 pm). So he then said I will send someone up right away. The very sweet man came with towels as soon as possible. The next day was what I am guessing to be the "scheduled" cleaning and house keeping did a great job! I even tried to help with sweeping and he urged me not to and he would handle it. No problem at all with him.

Now to the next day, TODAY. I find the toaster is broken. No house cleaning. No one to pick up trash no one to bring towels or pick up the used ones. So I call down to ask for someone from house keeping to come up to pick up the trash also. Being here for a long term deal I cook inside the room daily and with three kids, trash is inevitable, daily. So a man shows up and I show him the toaster that he then replaced. Great! But he then turns to leave. Um, excuse me are you going to find someone else to pick up the trash? "Yes madam" ok. So I ask him," does this hotel not clean everyday?". He says," you are here for a month so no just once or twice a week.". I say nope that will not do. I will need someone here daily to pick up the trash. Is that crazy for me to expect that? So he leaves and 45 min later (maybe 7:30) or so no one still hasn't showed up to pick up the trash. :-(. So I call down. No pick up on the first call it goes to voicemail. Second time no pick up voicemail again. Waited three minutes or so and again voicemail. I leave a message stating I was still waiting for someone to pick up the trash. I then wait some more still nothing. So at around 8:10 finally calling down and reaching a human I let him know that I have been waiting for trash pickup and even left a message so he does find me someone to pick up the trash! Note to self leaving the messages do nothing!

No inclusive breakfast at a 5 star hotel? No I will not pay 70 dirhams per person a day for breakfast!

The buttons on the toilet do not work properly. The central air is iffy and works how it wants to work when it wants to. This hotel has seen better days! A five star hotel? That is a push and a far leap! I would give it a 3. After this month is up we will not be signing another month with Radisson blu! And anyone I know travelling to UAE I will inform them to go elsewhere!

Date of stay: February 2013
6  Thank 2plus3mor
mkeshreh, General Manager at The Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your detailed feedback, I appreciate the time you have invested in documenting such valuable notes. Please e-mail Murad Maree on murad.maree@radissonblu.com so we can contact you directly.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

It was such a wonderful experience to be at this property. Everybody at the hotel was so helpful and fantastic. The location is nice, 25 minutes from airport, 10 minutes from Emirates mall, and 15 minutes from Dubai mall. We really appreciate our upgradation of our room from studio apartment to one bedroom apartment. Great views, just minutes from Marina, and JBR promenade, which is a great place for a walk and the beach area. Totally recommend this for families

Room tip: just make a prior request for upgradation to the manager. choose upper floors, away from all the noise and ask for a marina facing room
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank amit_8
mkeshreh, General Manager at The Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you had a great stay.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We (wife, 15 month old and myself) stayed for 4 nights over Xmas. Check in was good and the staff were great. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom self catering apartment. The rooms were quite large (except the bathroom which was really small) and contained everything you need (kitchen, lounge room had everything). You did need to buy your own washing up liquid. We were on the highway side and the road could be heard but you do forget about it and it doesn't worry you. All in all we were very pleased with the hotel/room itself.

The location for us was perfect for what we wanted (however others may want to be in the middle of the city, not on the edge like this place is). Just a short walk and you were at the beach and the JBR walk and the restaurants. The shopping mall was very close and not too busy which was good. the marina had lots of restaurants and they were quite good (not all chains like most places in Dubai). We caught the metro most days to the other attractions and caught the occasional taxi.

I think for the price, this is a great place to stay. Other hotels close by that were right on the beach cost allot more, so if you are wanting to save some money but still want to be close to the beach and want a hotel that is of a great standard, this is the place. If you want to spend lots of money on accommodation and want a resort, this is not the place. I would stay again and i would recommend others.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Scooter_in_London

Thankyou for your kind comments I do hope to see you again here at the hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Check in/out were good.
Room also ok.
The location is near the marina, and also the Marina mall nearby.
Poolside ok
Fitness ok regarding the cardio aspect
Breakfast good with fresh fruits, and good omelett made upon asking.
But a big downside, and this is the story:
Checked in late sunday, and were told breakfast wasnt included,which it should be because the room was booked with Sas Eurobonus points.
Was told to get decision monday morning. Same discussion on Monday. 2 times.
Same discussion Tuesday, still no word from the Front desk manager.
Wednesday still no word from Front Desk Manager, and know I thought it had gone too far, so I emailed Radisson Head Office in Dubai about the issue.
Then, in the afternoon I got an email saying that they were sorry for the mistake, and everything should be corrected.
On thursday we checked out.
I feel sorry for the reception staff,who were most helpful at everytime, but the ignorant Front Desk manager didnt even bother to get out and talk to me even though he was sitting in the back office.
But in all fairness, it did get solved in the end, and the reception staff were great.
But the manager aint impressive at customer handling

2  Thank cnsweden

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service, it seems that we failed to deliver on a couple of occasions during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have just returned with my friends from a week long stay in radisson marina, generally i liked hotel and ithink its well woth what i paid and also the rooms a clean and spacious and very well equipped. The location is very good, close to jbr for food and also marina for shisha, train station and marina mall are very close and have everything u need. The only problem is that difc dubai mall area is quite far and it takes a while before you reach there. Room service is extremely slow, i ve waited for at least 30 mins to getwater or coke. We had three room facing all side of the hotel, and the biggest problem is a noise which is constantly coming fro sh zaed road. I ve used earplugs to sleep on my 7 th floor room.

The only thing which was unusual is that i have recieved a call from hotel ( Anjel) one day before arrival to check which time i was coming, so i just check whether the room which i requested from mr mohammed a (!) month before arrival was there booked for me, which the person said that she has a note from mohammed in thesystem but there ia no such rooms available. I was shocked one day before arrival, so had to call longdistance to the hotel 4 times and talk to anjel who just said there is nothing she could do. I was so dissapointed.

Thanks to their very professional manager Murad all of my problems were resolved when I arrived, and I recieved what i requested. Being pretty loyal toradisson i would say that all my expectations were met and i would consider for my next stay. Especially if they will instal a noise reducing windows and find a better beach partner, as riva club offered by hotel is expensive and by far not worth or in other words ot better that public JBR beach

Room tip: Upper floors and marina view only
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MukanKZ

Thank you for your comments, I will certainly look into your feedback to ensure that such experiences are not repeated. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel.