“Well Appointed Hotel Apartment”

Legacy Hotel Apartments
Ranked #389 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Located very well near the Metro Station & even otherwise in the Barsha Area, could do better if the Management looked at some finer points in the Room / Bathrooms to make the place Very Good to excellent....service-wise also. The staff is friendly & helpful, though!

Room Tip: Though I was traveling alone on work, I was given a 2 Bedroom Apartment. A higher Floor would be a b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hsmcanil
legacyhotelapartment, Director, hospitality business development at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Dubai, and for giving your review here.

Although we value all our guests who give us the honor of hosting them at our properties, we feel more appreciated in return when a guest goes out of the way to point out (through their comments / reviews) our short comings, it is in a sense like saying that " We are good, but we could do better"!
Your experience with other countries and hotels can be of immense value to us, as we are always thirsty to know which areas need our immediate attention, from the guest's experience, and we feel you can really guide us, so please do not withhold your suggestions, and enlighten us with what changes you want to see at Legacy, for your next visit to us to be an enhanced experience.

Thanking you in advance for your valuable feedback,

We Remain, Very Much Obliged,

Khursheed Al Hasan Khan

khursheed.khan@gbsuae.com

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited Dubai during 13th-19th October 2013,i must say it was an amazing destination to visit.

to summarize my overall impression of the hotel;the hotel location was great especially if you are travelling through Dubai metro from the airport as it will cost you approximately (less than $2),however if you will be travelling through taxi (it will certainly cost you a fortune!!)...

The staff were very friendly,the room we stayed in was spacious,however the furniture is old and dirty (I noticed food was hidden under the couch...which was very disgusting.)

Breakfast was (simple and satisfying),in addition to the availability of a kitchen (that was very beneficial if you are travelling with your family) as well as the availability of a washing machine and a place to hang your clothes (which will save a fortune on laundry) ,the prices of the room was pretty expensive due to (Eid Al-Adha),but i think if it wasn't the holiday season it would have been a reasonable place to stay.

The WIFI was awful,as we were three people that had only one user connection,and it was very slow.

All in all,if you are staying in Dubai for a long period it would be a good place to stay with your family and friends.

Room Tip: If you need a bright room take the higher floors as there are other buildings in the area that block...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dirty dirty room. The chair had white stains. There were random hairs everywhere. The sheets they changed were dirty. The shower curtain had large black stains. There was only one pan for a month long rental. Nothing was included. Wifi would kick you off and it is very expensive. Only benefit is location to Dubai Internet City metro. We were also put on a floor that smelled of paint. There was constant noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jessie198
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Recently stayed here as I was starting a 6 month internship at the Holborn Assets building right next to the Legacy Hotel in Dubai.

All the staff are very friendly, willing to help and above all they were great at looking after the kids while my wife and I were hard at work in the Holborn building next door.

We stayed in the hotel for a total of three weeks while trying to find a permanent apartment and to be honest we were sad to leave. (So were the kids)

The food here is also very good and although the location was great for getting to Holborn/work, it wasn't in the best location, especially if you are a tourist as the area looks like London and there is not much no be seen around their.

Apart from the location, everything else about the hotel was great!

Room Tip: The higher you are up, the better, lots of other small buildings surround this building, meaning if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 747Charles
legacyhotelapartment, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Greetings from Legacy hotel Team,
As the customer service professional, I have been responding to guest comments since 1966 in Dubai,
But today I am stumped! I just don't know how to respond, apart from being grateful, I am also excited, as it proves that empathy and genuine service to humanity always pays back in the form of comments like yours above.
Thank you for making my team's day by raising their spirits, and I am sure they will remember you and the family for a long time to come.
Since you are settled now in your own apartment in Dubai, near us, I presume, so please gladden our hearts by dropping by from time to time, as one of the family.

Once again, Thank You and God Bless!

Khursheed Al Hasan Khan (Uncle Kay)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Legacy Hotel Apartments is located in Dubai Internet City. The Hotel entrance is only a couple minutes walk from the Dubai Metro Internet City Station. When getting off the Metro, follow the signs for Exit 1 (TECOM). It is a few minutes walk in the station's air conditioned hallways from the train to the actual exit, but there are escalators/elevators for those with luggage. After getting outside, follow the sidewalk and the hotel is just down on your left. The Metro ride to/from the airport to this station is 50 minutes.

After entering the hotel ground floor, walk straight past the elevators and the check in desk is on the other side. The staff was friendly and check in/out was quick. I arrived earlier than the hotel's check in time, but not only was I allowed to check in at no extra cost, I was also upgraded from a regular room to an executive suite!

The suite, on the 12th floor, was very large and nicely furnished. There is a master bedroom with an entire wall dedicated to closet space, a large kitchen, and a separate living/dining room area. In that room are two couches, a dining table, tv, and a desk with a desktop computer (must pay for internet). A balcony off of the living room is big enough for multiple people. Be aware that the railings are low, so do watch your footing! Also, if you have children, be mindful that the room windows open wide.

With the proximity to the Metro, landmark areas/shopping are all within a 20 minutes or less ride. There are also convenient stores within a couple minutes walking distance.

There is a small swimming pool on the roof. This area affords great views of the surrounding landscape as well.

The only improvements I would make would be more dishes/cooking utensils supplied in the kitchen and more affordable/free internet provided. As it is, the internet is very expensive.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would do so again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tjhess74
legacyhotelapartment, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for your kind and encouraging review of our hotel property.

Next time when ever you plan to visit Dubai again, please inform me in advance at:
khursheed.hasan@dubai-customer-service.org

Khursheed Al Hasan Khan
CMICS, CXPA Individual member,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

In summary, if you are not concerned about cleanliness, odd smells or a complete lack of interest from members of staff then you should be quite comfortable at this hotel. It is possible for them to address all the issues they have just with a little bit of effort. So disappointing how little they cared about the customer experience.

I hope to make this as factual as possible so as not to sound bitter about my experience but I think I am. All negative reviews have their founding as staff just do not care.

I was placed at the Legacy Hotel Apartments for 1 month through work for March of 2013. Fantastic location, close to a lot of other hotels in the TECOM area, Dubai Internet City Metro station and proximity to my work. There are supermarkets, pharmacies, dry cleaners and other facilities close by. I could not complain about these aspects.

Apartment: I was staying in an Executive Apartment on the 5th floor. My first impression was quite positive but as I started to settle in, I noticed that the carpet next to the bed had probably never been cleaned and there were unsightly hairs around the bed and in the bathroom. I also noticed that the floor had not been cleaned(mopped) either. The kitchen surfaces and stove top had not been cleaned either. I asked for my room to be cleaned properly and can honestly say that although one or two of my complaints were taken care of the floor was NEVER cleaned with a mop or wiped down in any way the WHOLE month I was there!
There was a damp smell from the bathroom that didn't go away for the last two weeks (even with a purchase of bleach from the supermarket) that I was there as I actually gave up asking for anything to be done. I think I must have complained 4/5 times about the condition of the room and the manager could not be bothered to contact me. I could go on about the lack of interest but am tired of it.

Breakfast: If you're happy with cereal and a bit of fruit then you'll find the spread adequate. A word of warning. Avoid the warming trays as you might be shocked to find pasta bake or nachos from the night before still there. Apparently there was the opportunity to have eggs but I was never alerted to this the whole time I was there. Lobby also had a strange oil smell the whole time.

Other facilities:
Internet: Average. Did not work a number of nights I was there or was very slow.
Gym: Bike machine worked ok and is what I utilised the most. Of three treadmills, only one worked properly. Rest of equipment was dated and worn (weights as part of a set missing).
Pool Area: FANTASTIC. Well maintained and quite nice actually!
Sauna: Couldn't turn it on. I think it was turned off at the mains somewhere as it wouldn't go on.

Staff: In general, I found 'management' and one or two reception staff to be quite arrogant and non-helpful. There seemed to be a real lack of interest and energy in dealing with any complaints or going the extra mile to help out in a hospitality industry.
However, Muhammad who picked me up from the airport in Abu Dhabi was always very courteous and friendly. The door staff/security were also extremely helpful and friendly.

In general, I think if someone just cared a little more they would have a good product. Might also be worthwhile investing in someone to manage the cleaners as they have no idea what they are doing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Misundu
legacyhotelapartment, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Hi,
It is with great apologies that I am writing this response, as it took us some time to investigate and improve on the points you very fairly and appropriately pointed out in your review.

We are very grateful to have guests loyal like you, who take the effort and time to write to improve slackness where ever they find, and I am humbled to say that we have been caught out with our lapses.

It was our destiny to have a sincere guest like you to come and stay with us, and pray that when ever you are again in Dubai, or are staying in Dubai now, to contact me at: khursheed.hasan@dubai-customer-service.org
so that I could show you the changes that we have made upon your directions. and let me assure you, that it will be an honor!

Once again, with humble wishes to hear from you again,

I remain, at your service,

Khursheed Al Hasan Khan, CMICS, CXPA.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

At first the hotel of here does not have reliability at all.
I got rid of the private properties of the room without permission.
Such a thing is the act that is not thought about in other hotels.
In addition, racial discrimination is terrible.
I cope with a Pakistani strictly very strictly partly because a manager of here says an Indian.
I go in and out, and the Pakistani prohibits it and can never enter the reception when I enter when I do not leave an identification of social position such as passports.
The pricing of the hotel of here is bad.
I set it cheaply for the off-season and do high pricing as it is not thought for the high season.
All these are thought to be performed by the intention of the manager.
When I choose the hotel of here, attention is necessary.
I held a one-year contract, but I was good first, but the towel was not gradually provided and did not bring the toilet paper either.
I came to bring it for a while when I warned this, but did not follow for a long time.
Therefore the private properties were disposed of as soon as I contracted for a short term in other hotel apartments and opened a room.
And they got ready to hire other visitors. The homework of children was abandoned by a trash box, and the decoration of the room which children liked was thrown away; was.
Though the contract of our this room is still left for six months.
Therefore after pursuing the cancellation of a contract and the repayment for six months in the hotel side, it is just said that I cannot refund it as it is written in the contract without apologizing.

Room Tip: You should stay in off-season.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family