“Terrible hotel”

Ranked #353 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Vung Tau, Vietnam
“Terrible hotel”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days in December 2012... Terrible hotel rooms are very old and worn out. The equipment in the rooms are not functioning. The whole time I stayed there was the ac in my room not working and the staff at the hotel did not seem to care.
Location of this hotel is bad.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There can be found much better hotels for the same price...

• Stayed December 2012
legacyhotelapartment, Director, Hospitality business development, at the head office of holding company at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We have been deeply humbled by your comments about our Legacy hotel apartments property in Tecom, Al Barsha, Dubai, and apologize for the discomfort you experienced due to the temperature of your apartment not to your satisfaction, while staying at the hotel.
The reason for the delay in our response, (For which we are sorry); was due to our investigation into the matter, and as the relevant team member of the front office is on vacation, we had to interview the person by video conference, to resolve the matter of the staff not taking care about the Air Conditioning.
We are also looking into the matter of our room furniture and fixtures, and assure you that we may surprise you, but for the location, we regret that it is beyond our capacity, unless we shift from the present building.
We know that you are a loyal guest, as only sincere guests like you take the effort to guide us to improve our standard of customer service, we hope that you will contact the undersigned on +97150 366 0795, khursheed.khan@gbsuae.com
Looking Forward to your email reply soon,
We remain, indebted to you for your guidance,

Khursheed Al Hasan Khan,
Director, Hospitality Business Development,
Head Office.

We hope that you will honor us by giving us another chance the next time you come to Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I don't have anything to complain really. I got a good offer through booking.com and the price was reasonable for olo traveller. I got the one bedroom ensuite (room 1101).

I got the wrong picture of the room decription that in the room there would be a sauna, too and the bathrobe, but those the apartment did not have.

The apartment was very spacious, everything was working ok. the balcony was ok, the rooftop was good place to go and do some sunbathing couple of times.

The location was really good and me it served well, as my friends were living in Greens - less than 10 minutes walk.

The sound of nearby traffic was quite loud all the time. I myself can sleep well, but I would not recommend to have this apartment if having difficulties to sleep or you need to remember the earplugs.

Personnel was nice and the room was kept tidy. I did not take the breakfast, as it was really easy to buy some bread and other stuff from the shop very close by. And also I saw the bad reviews of the breakfast.

Room Tip: try to get a good offer through booking.com or some other operator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
legacyhotelapartment, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
This is to thank you for your balanced comments about our hotel property!
It is honest suggestions like yours that while; Encouraging and making it worthwhile to provide our best guest service, also keeps us on our toes to see that no oversight on our part mars the guest’s experience at our hotel
We are sorry to read that there was a misunderstanding about the Sauna / Bathrobe.
The Sauna is available on the health club floor, next to the Gym, while the bathrobe will be available for you when you honor us again on your next visit.
We hope that you find our response satisfactory, while on the other hand, we would be very much obliged if you send us more suggestions at: khursheed.khan@gbsuae.com
With Best Regards,
Legacy Hotel Apartments.
London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a clean bed close to most places - great service , great facilities - great cost - PERFECT. Kitchenette was great - the bed was comfty and 12 check out suits us : )
Taxis are often slow to arrive but bell boy will willingly find you one - exceptional value

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BURFORDLOVERS
Tjæreborg
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Only thing wrong with this hotel is the food-smell, especially at the lower floors. My family and I had rooms on the 7th and 2th floor. The smell was bad on the 2nd floor but not a problem at the 7th floor.
Besides that the rooms are nice and very large. Got everything you need. The monorail is very close by and is very cheap.
Pool at the top of the hotel, not big but very nice and a nice view.
Skip the breakfast at the hotel, its a bit expensive and not a lot to choose from.
If you stay at this hotel, make sure to get a room at the top floors (where the view also is very nice).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim J
legacyhotelapartment, Director of Hospitality Business Development at Legacy Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your nice, frank and sincere comments given above. It is loyal guests like you who take the effort to keep us informed about their quality of experience at the Legacy.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and your family by the food odor, and to help us rectify the issue so that it does not happen again with any guest, we request you to be certain of the date you of your stay and review, please email to; khursheed.khan@gbsuae.com
Once again, we thank you profusely for your balanced comments; please accept our Sincere regards in return, and we look forward to your early update by email.
Khursheed Al Hasan Khan Director, Hospitality Business Development at Global Business Solutions, Dubai - UAE
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've just returned from a 6 week stay at the Legacy which was okay. The staff are nice and very friendly and they will do their best to accommodate your needs. The WIFI access is good however, you do have to pay extra. The location is also great, next to the metro and easy access onto Shiekh Zayed Road. The rooms are also a good size, I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had a good sized bedroom and living room area, kitchen and two bathrooms. I have to say that overall I found the apartment a bit dated, the room itself was very dark as there was no natural light, the furniture was not great, very dark and rather old. The apartment was never really clean properly either, there was dust on all the furniture and the curtains were filthy with stains all over them. The kitchen was okay but there was very few utensils. Twice in the bathroom there was a coakroach running up the wall (eeek!). Although I didn't have a bad stay, I dont think I would stay here again...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank leepixielee76
Bacong, Philippines
Reviewed February 20, 2012

They are great apartments and very good value for Dubai. Fully equipped kitchen, very comfy beds, an individual wifi hub in every apartment, not bad TV channels with good TVs. There is not a lot of difference between deluxe and standard. In standard maybe the furniture is older. In some apartments there are two bathrooms. Large living room, good wardrobes space in the bedroom, We have been living here for two months and will stay for a year. the staff are very helpful and friendly. The manager will give a very good monthly rate. Can highly recommend these apartments. They are a 2 minute walk from the Metro. If anything goes wrong in the apartment, just call reception and they guy comes to fix it within about half an hour.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank worldwanderer_9
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I booked a 3 night stay through E-bookers, and somehow when I checked in, they did not have my booking. However, it was sorted out while I went out to dinner and I was accomodated. The rooms are large apart-hotel type rooms with a two TVs, a kitchen, a large bed, a sitting room etc. Iron & Ironing board available, wifi (not free) and the bathroom was decent. The shower pressure and temperature was dodgy as was the overall decor of the room. However, it did its job. I was there for a brief weekend and I did not spend a hole lot of time there. The staff were very friendly and efficient (despite the initial issue with the booking). I did not eat there and it did not look like many people do but it seems to have a full restaurant service.

Location: I do not know Dubai that well but will be as descriptive as possible: It is a five minute taxi journey or a 5 minute metro ride to the Dubai Marina. On the other hand, it is approximately 10-15 minutes in a taxi to the CBD i.e. where the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall are etc. The access to the Metro has to be a plus if you are not prepared to use taxis all the time (right beside the Internet City Metro), however, there is not a whole lot to do in the area which is called "Dubai Internet City". It was approximately 60 D's from the airport, which works out at about £12.

My overall opinion of this place can be summed up as follows: If you are a business traveller and the company is paying for you: Don't go here. If you are a tourist and you are not too fussed on your accomodation but like a clean, safe and handy hotel, then this place is not too bad. I'd recommend it on that basis.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo