“NEVER FAILS TO IMPRESS”
Review of Arjaan by Rotana

Arjaan by Rotana
Ranked #173 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's been about 2 years since my last stay at this hotel. From experience, not a lot of hotels in Dubai maintain their standards over the years and construction of hotels in Dubai isn't always of the best. But the Arjaan doesn't seem to have this problem.

The room with a small kitchen was perfect. We even had a washer/dryer and I was able to do some quick laundry which saved me time going to the dry drycleaners. Service from staff was prompts and always friendly. Breakfast was good - fresh fruits, juices, egg-white omelets on request, croissants & toast, coffee, tea... It's all there for every guest to enjoy.

The only thing that needs to be replaced is the hairdryers! Try pushing a button while trying to get your hair dry. Not an effective way of getting my hair dry in a hurry.

Can't wait for my next trip to the UAE. The Arjaan is undoubtedly my number 1 choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Arjaan by Rotana

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 months. The location is good, as you can walk to the Marina, JBR walk, and even to one of the best brunches (Bubbalicious).
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I had breakfast and wi-fi included in the rate, which was probably the best option. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend for longer stays (1-6 months)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view or view towards the Marina.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we have met your expectations in our products and services. Your compliments have been shared with our team and serve as an inspiration.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation to other travelers.

Arjaan by Rotana - Dubai
P.O. Box 502828 Dubai Media City, U.A.E | Dir: 00 971 (0) 4 4360101 | T: 00 971 (0) 4 4360000 | F: 00 971 (0) 4 4360102 | mark.mccarthy@rotana.com | rotana.com

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I only stayed one night here so it’s perhaps a little harsh to judge on that stay alone. I was booked into this hotel by my client in Media City. It seems far from attractions and nothing obviously within walking distance (including restaurants). I was invited to visit the 'souk', but this consisted of only one general provisions shop and an ATM. They had men’s and ladies salons too. This is a pity as they have a nice area for shops (see pics) but I guess the clientele are not available in the area. Staff were excellent from front desk to room service. The same cannot be said of the food though. I ordered Thai Beef Salad and Beef & Broccoli with rice. The Thai was Thai in name only. There was no taste that I expected, and the beef was in small, tough morsels. It was however just edible. The beef and broccoli however was actually INedible (see photos) - you have been warned. The beef was fatty and tough and the taste just, well, awful. I left a note on the plate to this effect. When they called to collect the tray they asked how the food was - and I told them. They apologised and sent a small birthday cake up to me with a bowl of fruit (again, see photos). There was no offer of not billing me for the food though (and I admit I did not ask for it). The room was pleasant enough. I was given a two bedroom unit, and the bed was very comfortable. The room I had seemed to be a smoking room (ashtrays on the table) but I couldn't detect any smell of smoke. I cannot comment on the room rate as I did not pay for the room. This is based on the hotel room, location and room service.

Room Tip: Do not order room service (at least not any Asian dishes)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank johnybegud
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with our team members, our guest rooms and that you had a good rest. We have shared your comments with our colleagues, which always helps to motivate us.

On the other hand, we regret to hear about your disappointment with your Room Service order. Rest assured that your feedback has been acted upon and that we are now reviewing these specific dishes for improvement. Once again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this information and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on future visits. A positive note, regarding our location, is to also let you know that this year, the new Tram will be operational in front of our hotel and will provide easy access to many entertainment areas in this part of town.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely yours,,

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My name is Abdelrahman Abbadi and I stayed in your hotel from 07 - 08 March 2014.

This was for the occasion of my wife’s Birthday and I had to have the Premier room with you for one night.

I have called to make the reservation with Carolyn and she was so helpful and I asked for the following:
-Sea View Apartment, High Floor if possible.
-Baby Cot in the room.
-Birthday Arrangement (cake) I gave the name and spelling.
-Romantic set up the hotel used to provide during the valentine. I asked them to charge me if needed.
-Early check in if possible.

We arrived at approximately 16:00 hrs and I was dismayed that none of the above was attended!!!

The Frond Desk can see the notes, but none of the above was looked after.

I was thinking to make a little surprise to my wife, but was ruined by staff that does not pay attention.

Generally, the hotel room was clean, neat and the food was good and well done.

Concierge were good and up to time and efficient.

Housekeeping is very slow. It took them an hour to bring a baby cot.

However; if someone would ask me to stay there or not for such occasion, then I wouldn’t recommend it.

I was recommended by some relatives, but I wouldn’t do the same as the hotel seems like working on basics only and would not go beyond and indulge their guests, although you do not pay cheap rate.

Mr. Andrew and the Girls at the reception were good in apologizing and asked to make things up but it was too late.

Average Hotel I would say.

Abdelrahman

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Abdelrahman A
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Abbadi,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to contact us here through Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret and apologize that we did not meet your full expectations during your recent visit to celebrate your wife’s birthday. Please rest assured that we have reviewed the situation in full and are taking measures to improve our performance.

As you know, we have been in direct contact to apologize and explain the circumstances involved and we hope these have been to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our full attention and hospitality.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I spent only a few days at this hotel , but did not want to leave.
great staff at front desk. I was upgraded to an excellent 2 bed apartment and totally enjoyed my stay.
The lobby is very nice and comfortable enough to spend a couple hours hanging out with friends . Beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean.This was my first stay at any Arjaan hotels and the experience will definitely make me come back

Room Tip: High floors are a real winner
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us. Your compliments have been shared with our team and we hope to have the chance of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

A good place to stay in Dubai particulary if you are in businis naer by that area of internet city or media city . Appartments are large and nice. Very good place for families but it is far from attractions. It needs a car to go where ever you need to go. The hotel has good meeting and conference facilities. Food is not that good. Breakfast and dinner buffets have limited choices and food is not good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear valued guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with our rooms and conference facilities and recommend us to other travelers, especially families. Regarding our restaurant buffets, please be assured that we are taking regular actions to provide variety and quality in our products and services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel, to personally assure you of our best attention and service.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Recently for business trip I had stayed for a week in Arjaan. It is a beautiful hotel apartment and rooms are really big. Since it is slightly far away from the city, it was really cool and peaceful. Staff were really helpful and supportive.

I would surely opt this hotel if I'm coming next time to Dubai

Room Tip: Opt for beach view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to hear back from you, one of our valued guests that you had a memorable time while staying with us. We always seek to give our guests the best in hospitality and we are happy to learn that we have exceeded your expectations in our product and service.

Your compliments serve as an inspiration to all of us to continually give satisfaction to our guests and we are truly thankful for your recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,