“Good location, neat and clean room, good breakfast, fast wi-fi....overall value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai - Safa Park
Ranked #245 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are a family of three and stayed in this hotel for a night in this April. The hotel is just 10 mins walk from the Business Bay metro station....If you catch the metro from the airport (trains to Jubel Ali) then it will take hardly 20 mins....We took the taxi while going back to the airport and it was less than 50 AED.

The next station from Business Bay metro station is Burj Khalif/Dubai Mall. Therefore, it is needless to say that how convenient is this hotel to access most popular attraction of Dubai. As the hotel is in the business area there are no options for dining outside, however, there are plenty of fast food centre/restaurants in the food court of the Dubai Mall.

Hotel breakfast was quite good with plenty of choices. Wi-fi connection was free and internet speed was excellent. Rooms were very neat and clean equipped with sofa (converted in to a bed), good size bed, locker, TV, electric kettle with complimentory coffee/tea.

The only drawbacks I could find that house keeping took too loong to provide anything when requested. Otherwise I would strongly recommend this hotel whether it is a leisure trip or a business trip.

Room Tip: When booking asks for Burj view room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel in a decent location(close to downtown,Burj Khalifa area) fairly close the metro which connects the entire city. Typical Holiday Inn, staff was extremely nice and helpful. The Tour desk in the lobby(which is NOT affiliated w/Holiday Inn) forgot to deliver my Burj Khalifa tickets and the staff went out of their way to call and fix the problem. Also had an early arrival and check in wasnt until the afternoon, but they had a room ready within the hour.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

As i was in Dubai again for a short time and perhaps with high expectations from a previous excellent stay, i decided to stay at HIE Safa park again. We checked in at 2am and were greeted by Dianna, a trainee who was ever so pleasant. She even went the extra mile to wish my mum a happy birthday after noting her d/o/b from the passport and realising it was the same day as check-in. We were certainly VERY touched by this.
However, it was disappointing that during our 2am check in, there was a bloke who turned up demanding a room. He was with a woman that was most certainly not his wife, g/friend, sister or mother! Im not naive that this type of stuff goes on but would not expect Safa park - a family feel hotel to condone this type of behaviour. I was impressed that Dianna was very firm and clearly told this man the hotel was fully booked but he kicked up a fuss that he had rang up to book and so who knows what happened next, as i went to my room but wasnt impressed to see or experience that incident.
I was however pleased that upon request via email i got a non-smoking room this time. A shame the bathroom door wouldnt close but we didnt let this bother us!
Was also nice to see little touches added like TV screens in the Lobby area with updates re facilities and in the room they now have complimentary water.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Beach at 10am and 2.30pm pick up and to the Mall at 10am with 3pm pick up. I thought that given the empty shuttle bus was leaving the hotel before 3pm to pick up guests at the Mall, that as a guest i would naturally (makes business sense) to catch a lift to the Mall at 3pm on my first day....i was disappointed that i was expected to pay 20 dhirams for this ride! It is not the money but principle that as a hotel guest, i have to pay for a ride when the bus is going that way anyway and is empty! Perhaps an idea for the hotel would be to take guests (one-way drop off only) at 2.30pm to beach or 3pm to Mall. would certainly increase value of hotel facilities.

i was also disappointed that being from the UK and therefore living on GMT time - the clock in reception was incorrect and despite telling reception several times that due to BST (British Summer time) the clocks in the UK had changed, they never listened to me and never changed the time. rather frustrating i wasnt listened to.

Overall despite the disappointments in the man trying to get a room with the prostitute, the charge for the use of shuttle and not being listened to re the incorrect GMT time displayed in the lobby, i would still say the hotel is in a good central location of Dubai, with Mall of Emirates, Dubai Marina, JBR, Madinat Jumeriah and Burj Al Arab on one side and then Burj Khalifa , Dubai Mall, Bur Dubai, Deira, Business District on the the other side.

i would also say that as well as location, the staff at the hotel are also the main asset, very helpful and friendly - this time i left some chocs (to express my gratitude) for the staff on reception including Dianna, Zeeshan, Mr Salah and the man who checked us out but apologies i cant remember your name!

So would i stay here again...never say never and guess we will just have to see but there are many other nice areas and new places to experience in Dubai so who knows!! The HIE sites do certainly offer good value for money.

PS thanks to Mr Salah on reception for helping me sort out my luggage issue with HIE Airport. Your advice was greatly appreciated and hope you enjoyed those chocs!

Final note - i would also highly recommend the private taxis outside the hotel. It is a myth that private taxis overcharge. You just need to negotiate a price but given i used Govt taxis and was overcharged a few times (they went the long way round), plus i experienced a rude taxi driver telling me to hurry up - then private taxis are certainly a good option. Their cars are more spacious and they offer clean, smooth and safe driving, as well as a friendly polite service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first stay at this hotel was very pleasant and I regard it as good value for money. The location is very good and travelling anywhere is easy by taxi or by metro. The staff are friendly and helpful and virtually everyone knew my name. The food was above average and never disappointing.
My only criticism would be that one cannot order food to eat in your room. Being there strictly for business and getting in after dark, my preference normally is to catch up on some e-mails and other work and order dinner to my room.
Working on my iPad via the hotel Wi-Fi was a breeze and the basic Internet connection is free of charge.
I would definitely stay there again.
Nico

Room Tip: The layout of rooms 102 and 103 is preferable, it is near the elevators and also easy to reach by st...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As I stayed already a couple of times at the crown plaze accross the Tradeshow area, I tought, let's try something else.
I know you can not compare HIE with CP..... but as you normally only sleep @ the hotel I thought let's give it a try.
3 metro stops from the tradeshow is quite convenient. Next to Safa Park in a very nice quite surrounding.
Hotel service was good, clean and accurate.

Disappointments where, there are no restaurants in the surrounding.

I was located on the 2nd floor, there was a smell on the floor, not to dramatic but also not very nice.

over all the price difference between CP and HIE was it worth!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai - Safa Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear 73Roland,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is a great pleasure to read you had a comfortable stay with us and found our hotel of good value. However, I am sorry if our hotel location was not convenient to your needs and apologize for the unusual smell you encountered. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed several times in Holiday Inn Express Hotels but this was the first time to stay at this hotel. So I know the standard and the service expectation very well.

The location of the hotel is amazing. Just few minutes walking to the metro station and with taxi you can reach several places.

Room is fine. Service as expected by Holiday Inn Express standard.
Of course good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms with front view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mohi_Khater
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai - Safa Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mohi_Khater,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided as well as the location of our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is located in a perfect part of Dubai, in walking distance of the metro and we never had a problem getting a taxi. The hotel also provides shuttle to and from the airport (be sure to request this days before your scheduled flight).
The staff were ALL genuinely courteous and knew me almost by name and room number. They were helpful, prompt and polite - I felt welcomed.

The manager was especially great, he was very professional and fast in all of our transactions.

The breakfast buffet met expectations for a holiday inn but was filling and fresh. We enjoyed eggs, (chicken) sausages, beans, fruit, yogurt, cheeses, olives, cucumbers and cereal each morning along with a variety of pastries and toasts (fresh coffee/tea).

The rooms provide nescafe/tea daily in-room and the staff were kind enough to bring me extra sugar/nescafe upon request at no cost to me. The wifi worked great each day - and was complimentary - and the overall hotel was extremely clean and comfortable.
They even label each pillow so you know which is firm and which is soft - I like these small details.
Would stay here again for my next trip to Dubai, and I do expect to return. Recommended.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the building - the rooms were quite dark even early morning until I ope...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business