“Arrogant staff”

Ranked #393 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Karachi, Pakistan
“Arrogant staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We check in on 26 may 2013 for six nights . We are total 5 friends the staff is so arrogant not helpful to you any time one of our local male friend come to visit us to hotel and on the reception they ask the passport I'd he said that he don't have now and then call In our room then I go down to receive the guest but he refuse me the you can't take him up and then I say I want to meet the manager . But no manager there reception boy call security boy and he start shouting on us . I will never recommend to any one to stay there

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
Coolbinia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Positives - location

Negatives -
Average customer service, reluctant to call my company to confirm they had paid for late check out and Internet. Told me I would be charged for it?! NO! Even after sorting the late check out (for 6pm) on arrival I was still disturbed at 3pm in the afternoon asking why I hadn't checked out yet.

Lifts are very slow, as is the Internet.

Renovations with a hand drill and hammer were being done till 10:50pm when we finally complained about the noise and asked them to stop.

Very noisy hotel, poor design with void in the middle means everything echoes.

Awkward room set up, small uncomfy couch, unable to watch tv in bed. Poky bathroom.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for people driving in Dubai. I t was also around the corner from the Mall and Metro with access to the city. The room was huge and very very comfortable, there was a tv and the fridge was full. Great value for money especially based on the quality and location. Will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The good

Location is close to the emirates mall, close to the metro .

Rooms are clean

That is it.

The bad

Tv did not work..after they changed it ..the remote did not work

The room design is starnge..huge kitchen with 4 high tops and a couch and chair..NO space to put the laugage !!. Did not make sense

Internet surchage was crazy ! And it is not that fast any way

Front desk had no idea how to apply the points to my sky team card .he calimed he was new to this...while there is a huge advertising on it right beside him

NO HOT water !! It was very strange ..I took cold showers !

The tv is actually is in a seperate room..I wanted to lay in bed and watch the news on tv..wasn't able to

Just very uncomfortable
Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We travelled to Dubai as a family and booked into a studio room at the Golden tulip- really close to the mall of emirates, which in my view is the only plus about this hotel. The rooms were very dirty and even though we left the clean my room sign every single day, there was not much to show that this was done. Reception at the hotel lobby is not warm at all. There are also no kids facilities in this hotel and they could do better with food choices. Stay at the Novotel or Ibis next door!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed there for a night. Its very conveniently located as its next to the Mall of the Emirates and one of the nearest locations for us as we drove in from Abu Dhabi. Each room has a small kitchen, fridge and microwave so its brilliant for those on a budget. There are a few convenience stores nearby too to fill up the fridge. The only downside that we found is there there was a heavy tobacco smell in the lobby (6th floor) and also in the room. The smell dissipated somewhat after switching on the aircon. Just before checking out, I also noticed a small cockroach in the bathroom. That loses 2 stars in my opinion! Bathrooms are tiny (european budget hotel style) and fixtures are average. Overall, stay here for the convenient locations. That said, there is a Novotel and an Ibis just opposite this one so I think we will stay there next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. Location was ideal as the metro stop is only a 5 minute walk (go out and turn right to the Sharaf station) and MOE is just the other side.
The apartment was a good size, each bedroom had an en suite, though the second one was rather small. The shower was excellent. There is also a guest toilet which was handy as we had one person sleeping on the sofa bed in the lounge.
The kitchen was was a good size and the Nespresso machine was very nice. Just a shame they don't replenish the capsules, so we only had 4 for the whole stay.
The cleaning service was very good though, always came back and the place was immaculate
I make use of breakfast, but some of the family did and they said the best thing was the free wifi availble - the food not so good!
The pool isn't very big, but doesn't get busy so not a problem. However, it is only useful in the mornings as the afternoon sun is blocked by the tall buildings.
Overall I would recommend it as a base if you have lots of things planned, though I can't comment on the price as we were part of a block booking for a wedding.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family