“Authenticity lost . . . . .”
Review of ta shi dai

Ranked #5,985 of 10,068 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighborhood: Jumeirah
Neighborhood: Jumeirah
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Were at the Dah Shi Dai JBR very recently and I must say that after frequenting this place on and off for the last few years, I was totally disappointed with the food this time......

We were told that the original Chef together with the apprentice have left the restaurant.

The food no longer tasted authentic, in fact all the dishes tasted sweet or sour. Even our favourite prawn chillie paste no longer tast the same.

We have been coming to this restaurtant on and off for the last few years and after this experience, I doubt we will ever be coming back again.

This is such ashame as it is difficult to find a good restaurant for proper dim sum....

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The food is superlative.
Since we went with cousins who knew the restaurant they knew exactly what to order.
The Wasabi shrimp was sensational!!!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I found this restaurant through Time Out Dubai and it had a positive review and an attractive menu.
Ordered ake out, primarily Peking Duck.
The result was like the title of the review.
I much prefer the Peking Duck of Chimes, another Chinese take out in Dubai.