“Excellent Arabian, Asian, European dishes and desserts”
Review of Makan

Makan
Ranked #474 of 9,619 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Translated from Arabic as ‘the place’, Makan is most certainly the place to enjoy cuisines from around the world. Located on the lobby level of Roda Al Bustan the restaurant is designed around a central buffet and cooking station where the kitchen brigade customize the daily specialities for each guest. Nothing is too much trouble for an attentive team of chefs and waiting staff that surprise and delight with their knack for remembering and re-creating your favourite breakfast dish or perfect coffee. From Arabic to Indian and Italian to Japanese you can expect only the freshest and most tantalising displays of food at one of the most treasured buffet restaurants in Dubai.
Bangkok
“Excellent Arabian, Asian, European dishes and desserts”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Sumptuous buffet, very delicious, although I am not for sweets I also enjoyed the ice cream and cake corner. Friendly and efficient service.

• Visited February 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Ramadan Delight”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Yesterday me and my wife decided to go to Choices @ Al Bustan Rotana Hotel for the their Iftar buffet. Good selections of Arabian Dishes a real treat. Enjoyed the food very much specially their Rice and Lamb dish, those lamb pieces just melt in your mouth mmmmmm......they also had a good selection of International dishes.
By far it was a good experience and would recommend to all and for AED 159.00 its worth it. Also caution would be book in advance and be there atleast 15 mins before the Iftar, other wise you will not get parking and the valet guys get busy.

Good for couples, family, friends, groups visit.

Haroon & Jodi
01.Aug.2012

• Visited July 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Diassapointment”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went to this restaurant on valentines day with my wife and it was a big dissappointment after what I heard and read about this restaurant. The food selection was not that intersting and the service was slow in general. Certainly, I will not come back to this restaurant

• Visited February 2012
franckroyer, Manager at Makan, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

It is very encouraging to know that the efforts of our associates at Al Bustan Rotana Dubai are acknowledged. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to Al Bustan Rotana Dubai.

With kind regards,

Franck Royer
Executive Assistant Manager
Perth
“Wonderful dinner and beautiful desserts!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Staying at the Al Buston Rotana, and not having much free time, I opted for the hotel restaurant for both dinner and breakfast - I was not disappointed! Experiencing a Sunday night dinner, Choices offered a seafood buffet which was way beyond what I was expecting. Fresh, vibrant seafood served in a myriad of ways as well as a bright and inviting array of salads, vegetables and a host of hot dishes, the variety on offer was extensive. I sampled lots of different dishes and found them all to be delicious - none of the stale, boring fare that is too often served in hotel buffets. The dessert selection was just wonderful! So many bite-sized delights that were just small enough to not have you leave feeling guilty!

Breakfast too offered a large variety, from fruits and cold options, to an omlette station and the standard western options of bakes beans, sausages and toast. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but enjoyed a light vegetable omlette and a selection of their fresh fruits. I would definitely return.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Visited many many times!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

When I used to live in Dubai, I used to frequent this place for their nice buffets and theme nights. It was my kids' favourite restaurant. We miss it, now that we live far away...

• Visited September 2010