“Reasonably good hotel”

Ascott Park Place Dubai
Ranked #206 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Reasonably good hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have stayed 2 bedroom apartments with the family.
Rooms are spacious and living room is comfortable. There is a nice coffee shop downstairs which hotel guests can also use. The choices at the breakfast is not much but the taste was good. You need a cab if you would like to go malls. In overall, it is a good apartment that you can stay with a family for short term.

• Stayed February 2012
Jessie M, Front Office Manager at Ascott Park Place Dubai, responded to this review, September 10, 2015
Dear ayilmaz,

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Ascott Park Place Dubai.

Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

Asst Guest service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 20, 2012

due to the good location next to the metro station and reasonable price I decided to be here again but i informed the managment about my last experiance . when i check in they tell me please wait for 10 menuit to double chick the room . i wait for 15 menuit and when i go to my room it was clean and tidy . thank you ascott managment for the special care.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear aisha a,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities.

Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Wasn't expecting too much of this place. I was in for a surprise. We were upgraded to 2 bedroom apartment and I love it.

Room Tip: Wifi included in the room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sadtab
Dear sadtab,

Cairo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The rooms were great , the pool is huge and clean the location was perfect .

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank AhmedMMA
Dear AhmedMMA,

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed November 19, 2011

this hotel has a great location just near to the Expo Center Metro station and it located in center of dubai .
the rooms was in good price and good condition , but it is not realy cleaned I found a cocoroch in my room in the tissue box I will never stay here again because of the cocoroch , also one toilit has a bad smill and some sand in the floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank aisha a
Jeremy H, Manager at Ascott Park Place Dubai, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your previous stay with us. Pest control is carried out by specialists on a regular basis. As there may be other factors surrounding this incident, we would appreciate it if you could please contact us at enquiry.dubai@the-ascott.com so that we can investigate this further and address the situation appropriately.

We always encourage our Residents to bring their concern to the Duty Manager at the time where the issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that the concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making the stay with us a pleasant one. In this instance, the management team was unaware of this incident and regrets the unpleasant encounter you had.

We look forward to hearing from you, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Thank you.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have just finished a 10-day stay at Ascott Park Place (formerly The Place) and wanted to provide a glowing review and provide some additional information regarding the other comments I saw here, which had initially made me question my choice. In fact everything about my stay was excellent and the room quality, location and service far exceeded my (somewhat demanding) expectations and I would recommend Park Place to any business or family visitor without the slightest hesitation. (I'm not sure it's right for a couple looking for a romantic getaway, but I assume you'd want to stay on the beach in that event anyway.) The location is terrific for business, literally next door to The Fairmont, the Dubai Metro and the Dubai Conference Centre. The rooms are enormous, with full kitchen and dining room, a generous living room, and huge bedrooms. Despite some of the other comments that have been posted here, literally everyone I came in contact with for almost two weeks was gracious and eager to help and dealt immediately with anything I asked. Of course these are apartments and not a hotel per se, so there is no separate concierge desk or much of a lobby, but the reception staff never failed to provide prompt and accurate information or assistance whenever I asked for anything at all. I also did not experience the peculiar checkout ritual that some have described - checkout was fast and easy and perfectly normal - and finally, I personally thought that the bed was perfectly comfortable and indeed I very much enjoyed my sleep under the fresh, fluffy duvet. I would stay here again and again and would indeed choose this over any other luxury hotel in Dubai regardless of the cost - nothing can compete with the luxury of space and grace which this hotel and its staff provided so well. I feel obliged to add that I have trouble understanding some of the comments that have been posted here about the "foreign workers." In fact virtually every worker everywhere in Dubai is "foreign," as Emeratis make up only about 8% of the population and do not generally work in service positions at any hotel or restaurant in the country. However, many members of the front desk staff at Dubai hotels (including Park Place, as I learned) hold undergraduate business degrees in tourism, which is a prestigious and demanding course of study throughout Asia and India.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank VoyageurHeureux
Dear VoyageurHeureux,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Park Place. We appreciate your exceptional review and the compliments about our service. Your heartfelt words and special mention our front office staff will be shared with the rest of the team. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage and for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices.

Kuwait
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment for 3 nights. large living room, nice kitchen and good size bathroom. The only bad thing which ruined my stay was the bed. it was very small for a couple, very noisy and uncomfortable. I'm not a light sleeper but I couldn't sleep because of the bed spring noise. Also I've got back-pain after the first night so I slept on the sofa to the rest of my stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NuNu_Q8
Dear NuNu_Q8,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor..

As we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards, monitoring our effectiveness can be a challenge at times. We welcome feedback such as yours, as they indicate the areas we can further improve.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have noted your comments and will use your feedback to further enhance the services we provide.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and hope you will consider staying with us again in future. Giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Warm regards,